Yuga Labs, the studio behind the famous Bored Ape Yacht Club NFT collection, brought another novelty to the NFT market yesterday. With Dookey Dash, the first skill-based mint is live and the game can be played from now on. In this article, we’ll go over how to play Dookey Dash. You’ll find out everything you need to know about the new Mint, as well as tips and tricks to improve your high score.
- 1 Jimmy the Monkey – The Bored Ape Yacht Story continues
- 2 What is Dookey Dash and how to play it?
- 3 The Sewer Pass – How to get it
- 4 How to Play Dookey Dash
- 5 Tips and Tricks – How to score as many points as possible in Dookey Dash
- 6 This is how the story continues after the game
- 7 The Summoning
- 8 Conclusion
Jimmy the Monkey – The Bored Ape Yacht Story continues
A lot has happened in the swamp lately . Let’s briefly summarize everything again:
- It all started with the first annual Ape Fest
- Then came the Bored Ape x Mutant Ape Yacht Club Gaming Competition
- Then the ApeCoin was released, The Otherside Metaverse was presented and many other things were released
All of this stuff led the owners to the trial of Jimmy the Monkey, and here’s the story:
It all started when Jimmy had an upset stomach one day and the ensuing bowel movement that ripped apart the space-time continuum.
Curtis was then gifted a mysterious box and key from another universe, but instead of opening the box and taking out the secret contents, he had a party with Jimmy the monkey.
And as you know it from a party, some mishaps often happen. After the party, the monkeys found that the chest key somehow ended up in Jimmy’s stomach and is now stuck in his butt. That’s why the players now have to go the long way: through the sewers by completing the “Sewer Game” also known as “Dookey Dash”.
What is Dookey Dash and how to play it?
Dookey Dash is a skill game played like an endless runner. A category where you try to get as far as possible. The difficulty increases as the game progresses. The player’s task is to avoid or break through obstacles in the sewers while collecting items called fragments.
As long as you have a Sewer Pass, you can play Dookey Dash from January 19, 2023 to February 8, 2023 at https://mdvmm.xyz .
The Sewer Pass – How to get it
The Sewer Pass is an NFT and serves as a ticket to play Dookey Dash. Sewer Passes can only be claimed by Bored Ape Yacht Club or Mutant Ape Yacht Club holders. Because the owners of a BAYC or MAYC NFT get the Sewer Pass for free thanks to a free mint . If you are looking to purchase a new Bored Ape or Mutant Ape and want to know if the NFT is still valid for a Free-Mint, you can visit this page .
All others must purchase the pass from the secondary market such as Opensea or obtain it from a Sewer Pass holder.
Sewer Pass rarity levels
One thing to note about the Sewer Passes is that there are different tier levels that can be claimed with different Yuga Labs NFT combinations:
- Tier 1 : You can mint this pass if you own a Mutant Ape (Floor price at time of writing: 2.04 ETH)
- Tier 2 : You get this pass if you own a mutant ape and a kennel (floor price at the time of writing: 2.6 ETH)
- Tier 3 : You can mine this pass if you own a Bored Ape (floor price at time of writing: 3.4 ETH)
- Tier 4 : You get this pass if you own a bored ape and a kennel (floor price at time of writing: 6.25 ETH)
Bonuses of the different passes
As is usual for video games, the different passes bring bonuses:
- Tier 1: 0% bonus points
- Tier 2: 10% bonus points
- Tier 3: 20% bonus points
- Tier 4: 30% bonus points
How to Play Dookey Dash
The controls of the game are simple. The most important things you need to know to get one step closer to first place are:
- Use your trackpad or mouse to move, dodge, and capture fragments. If you’re playing on mobile, you can also just use your finger. Wherever you go, your character follows you.
- To use your dash to break the wooden obstacles, left-click or click on your trackpad. On mobile, you can just tap the screen to use the Dash. (You do NOT need a powershart pack to run a dash)
To collect fragments, fly into them with the character:
And that would be it for now. The goal is to get as many points as possible.
This is how you score points in the game
The score achieved depends on several factors. It counts how long you survive in a Dookey Dash run, the fragments you collect, the obstacles you destroy and the pass modifier.
The fragment type score is as follows:
- Common: 300 points
- Uncommon: 500 points
- Rare: 100 points
- Epic: 1500 points
- Legendary 2000 points
The longer you stay in the sewers and the more fragments you collect (and the rarer these fragments are), the more points you get. Depending on the level of the Sewer Pass, you get different bonus points for your final score (see section “Bonies of the different passes” ):
- Tier 1: 0% bonus points
- Tier 2: 10% bonus points
- Tier 3: 20% bonus points
- Tier 4: 30% bonus points
The Powershart Pack in Dookey Dash
You also have the option to unlock more game perks with the Powershart Booster in Dookey Dash. This allows you to buy a booster for 2 APE before the run (tap BUY BOOSTER on the home screen). Powershart Packs are a trio of boosters that last for 10 minutes from the time of purchase. They are completely optional and you can play without them.
The Powershart Pack contains the following bonuses:
- Double Dash : The cooldown for your Dash is reduced by half. Normally your Dash has a three second cooldown before becoming available again if you fail to block an obstacle or if there is no wooden obstacle (there is no cooldown if you successfully break through an obstacle or block an obstacle). With the boost, the cooldown for the dash is only 1.5 seconds.
- Chart Topper : 15% Bonus on Boost Percentage! For example, if you have a Tier 4 Sewer Pass, your base bonus is 30%. With the boost it will be 45%. That is, if you reach 300 points, your total value at the end of the game is 435. The boost percentage for the other Sewer Passes looks like this:
- Golddigger : Rare, Epic, and Legendary items appear more frequently.
Availability of Dookey Dash
On February 8, 2023, the saves will be frozen and the skill-based mint will end. From February 8, 2023 to February 15, 2023, Sewer Passes may be transferred and/or swapped. On February 15, 2023, your Sewer Pass can be converted and the story continues.
A Sewer Pass that is exchanged after the point balance is frozen but before February 15, 2023 can only be converted by the current pass holder to reflect the frozen point balance. In other words, if you trade in your Sewer Pass after the point balance has been frozen, the new holder will be the one whose Sewer Pass is eligible for conversion, not the original holder. During this period, transferring and/or exchanging Sewer Passes will not reset a score to 0.
If any mischief is discovered involving a Sewer Pass or Dookey Dash game between February 8th, 2023 and February 15th, 2023, those Sewer Passes will be considered void and CANNOT be converted. Sewer passes with a high score of 0 are also not eligible to participate in the further process.
Tips and Tricks – How to score as many points as possible in Dookey Dash
The best player in the world recommends these tips and tricks:
- Tier 4 Sewer Pass
- Use peripheral vision (don’t look at your character, only at the obstacles)
- Talk to someone while playing (works against the music/speed)
The most important element in Dookey Dash is being able to move the character quickly. You can do this by moving the mouse as little as possible. It is therefore advisable to set the mouse sensitivity (DPI) far up.
The current editorial record is 91214 and was set with a DPI of 20250. In general, it is recommended that the DPI is between 10000 and 25000.
However, a Twitter user has the best tip for the game ready, as you can read in the following letter:
This is how the story continues after the game
After February 8th, the saves will be frozen and the player with the highest high score will get the key.
All other players or passes prepare for the “summoning”.
The high score achieved in Dookey Dash is linked to the personal wallet. Thus, after the game closed on February 8th, each pass will have a specific score. After that follows “The Summoning”
Meanwhile, Gary, the great canine prophet, has been studying the box Curtis received and thinks it sets the stage for a summoning ritual. This will likely unleash sources of power from another dimension in the world.
Gary has also been watching you in the sewers, so on February 15th all Sewer Passes with a score greater than 0 can participate in The Summoning. Your best score will determine what you get when you summon. But the revelation is just the beginning. Because the energy source you contain can evolve over the course of the story through various ApeCoin-powered mini-games. This results in the following roadmap:
Yuga Labs dares a new step in the evolution of NFT mints with the skill-based mint. If you look at the floor price so far, you can say that the Mint is a complete success. However, there is also criticism of the type of mint. Because of the different passes or the booster pack, not all players have the same requirements, which is why some Twitter users also describe the Mint as a new form of Pay2Win. One can certainly doubt whether these mechanics of the bonus points were really needed, but they contribute to the fact that the game is probably the most exclusive computer game on the market at the moment.
In conclusion, one can say that the Mint has generally been a great success so far. And for all those who have already forgotten the important data at the end of the article, we have a graphic ready:
- An In-Depth Exploration of Yuga Labs and the Phenomenon of the Bored Ape Yacht Club
- Serum City is now Live!: Building Empires in a Blockchain Revolution
- Top 3 NFT Collections With The Most Trading Volume Ever
- New Zealand Crypto Exchange Cryptopia Hacked
- Mastering Yuga’s HV-MTL Forge: A Comprehensive Bored Ape NFT Game Guide
- Top Five Undervalued NFT Projects
- What Is The Yuga Labs Metaverse? Enter The Interconnected Ecosystem!
- ApeCoin Price Prediction: Can ApeCoin Reach $20 Soon?
- Dookey Dash will be Free to Play this Q1 of 2024
- The Rollercoaster Journey of Yuga Labs: A Deep Dive into the APE Crash and its Aftermath
- The Ultimate NFT Guide 2023 – New to NFTs? START HERE
- Non-Fungible Token: Are these NFTs underrated? Check Our Top 10 list
- What is 10KTF NFT? Cracking 10KTF NFT Secret
- Top 5 NFT Collections by Volume Traded in September 2023
- 5 Hot NFT Collectibles Dominating Crypto in 2023
- ApeCoin Staking: Here’s Everything You Need to Know About How to Stake ApeCoin
- Simple Guide On Pixel Vault: What is Pixel Vault NFT?
- NFT Trading Volume on Ethereum Shot Up +124% in Just a Week, Hitting $142M: What Comes Next?
- Gas Fee Problem: Chaos over OTHERSIDE Metaverse, What Happened?
- Missed Bored Ape Yacht Club? Meet its competitor on Solana
- Can ApeCoin reach 100$? Here’s What To Know About the APE token!
You might also like
More from Blockchain
This article explores the groundbreaking collaboration between Doodles and G-Shock, launching an NFT-inspired watch collection that merges digital artistry with …
It seems Solana hit a snag on Tuesday, with what's being described as a "major outage" according to the network's …