The NFTs will soon integrate with your Twitter accounts to allow their usage as verified profile pictures. According to the recent announcements, Twitter is planning to up its metaverse game by introducing the Twitter Avatars. This would allow users to put on their online graphical representations by verifying ownership of a particular NFT, which then logically wouldn’t be accessible by anyone else. Mada Aflak, the software engineer and Android technology lead of Twitter has announced on Sep 29.
Twitter and NFTs – a Soon to be Reality?
Twitter is notoriously popular amongst crypto and NFT users, it serves as their primary base and center of discussion. If implemented, the Twitter Avatars won’t be the first time that the platform is taking an initiative in the NFT space. For instance, the platform released the “The 140 Collection” on June 30 – an open reference to the character limit for the micro-blog posts on the platform that the users can create.
Back then, Twitter introduced six NFTs for now including the Furry Twitter, Vitamin T, Building Characters, First Born, Rare Form, Reply Guy, and twttr jggl – each one limited to 20 pieces. Thanks to giveaways, a lot of people became very happy and wealthy as they acquired some pieces for as high as 68 ETH (worth $190K). Will they become the first iconic Twitter Avatars? Time will tell.
Jack Dorsey is Hinting BIG!
Despite his open hostility towards anything, which isn’t Bitcoin. It appears that Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey can’t seem to avoid using Ethereum based services as he earlier also promoted the “Valuables BY CENT” service for turning tweets into authentic NFTs on Mar 06. The service allows the users to monetize their tweets on Ethereum’s MATIC side-chain.
His own advertised tweet sold for around $2.9 million and the money was donated to charity. Ethereum network has gotten far too stronger for even maximalists like Jack to ignore. Once released, Twitter Avatars will be another proof of that. It’s likely that Jack might do another charity drive sporting the first Twitter Avatars, this time also.
Twitter Avatars are interesting because they would further help with mainstream adoption and usage of Non Fungible Tokens (NFTs). This happens by allowing average users to see their utility as authentic digital representations of themselves. To gain perspective on how early this space is, imagine that there are 4662M+ Internet users in the world, out of which only 189M+ use the Twitter platform. However, the largest NFT marketplace on the Ethereum blockchain is OpenSea. It made a record $1B+ volume recently has only 0.3M+ users! This is about to change.
- Shiba Inu to Reach 1$ soon? This New Upcoming Development Proves it Right
- Ethereum Fan? Bitcoin Maximalist Jack Dorsey Promotes Valuables In Latest Tweet!
- Tippin: Send Bitcoin Tips via the Lightning Network on Twitter
- Big News: Ripple Price is about to TRIPLE? This News Confirms…
- Can Artion Compete With OpenSea?
- Top 5 NFT Projects by Market Capitalization in 2022
- Social Media Heavyweights Weigh in on Bitcoin, Cryptocurrencies, and ICOs
- Shiba Inu Price Prediction: How High can SHIB Price reach by 2030?
- OpenSea Decentralized Alternative – NFTX Announces NFT Marketplace
- During Crypto Bear Markets, Make Money From NFTs With These Steps!
- Reddit NFT: Everything You Need to Know about Reddit CryptoSnoos NFTs
- Everything You Should Know About Wilder World Crypto Game
- The Big Ripple Price Prediction for 2023 – How high can the XRP price go in 2023?
- Reddit Avatars are being sold for THOUSANDS Thanks to THIS?
- Navigating NFTs: Best Platforms 2023 Guide
- Ripple Price Prediction – How High will XRP reach in 2050?
- What is FLUF World NFT? Here’s How to Buy FLUF World NFT!
- What are Non-Fungible Tokens? Here’s a Quick Explainer
- Conservative Prediction: Can XRP reach $5 in 2023?
You might also like
More from Crypto
Polygon vs Polkadot: Who Will Hit $10 in the Next 90 Days? Potential Scenarios Unveiled!
Which one will hit $10 in the next 90 days? Let's dive into Polygon vs Polkadot potential scenarios to find …
How High will XRP Price reach after Ripple wins the SEC Lawsuit? XRP 3$?
Will we then see a price explosion from the XRP coin to $3 if Ripple wins the SEC lawsuit? Let's …
What is the Bitcoin CME gap?
Trading Bitcoin can follow many strategies. Do you use FA or TA? Are you a day trader, swing trader, scalper, …