If you’ve just taken an interest in Ethereum and its many uses, one of the first questions you should ask yourself is how you plan to store your Ether Coins. MetaMask is probably one of the most useful and popular applications. You can use MetaMask as an Ethereum wallet and as a browser extension. In this article, we go over how to add Ethereum Mainnet to Metamask.
What is the MetaMask wallet?
MetaMask is a very well-known and popular crypto wallet that supports Ethereum-based tokens (tokens according to the ERC-20 standard). It is a software-based wallet, which can also act as a mobile app or as an extension for the Google Chrome and Firefox browsers. MetaMask can not only serve as a regular wallet but can also connect to smart contracts and decentralized applications around the Ethereum network, such as the Polygon network.
MetaMask is a so-called “hot wallet”. It can be used with any internet-connected device. This makes it less secure than a cold wallet such as Ledger, but a single individual user can very well use it for short- to medium-term cryptocurrency deposits.
How to set up MetaMask as an Ethereum wallet?
If you now want to set up the MetaMask as an Ethereum wallet, this is relatively easy. MetaMask is kept user-friendly so the application is particularly easy and quick to manage in everyday life. In the following, we will show you how you can set up MetaMask for yourself.
Step 1: Add MetaMask as a browser plugin
The easiest way to use MetaMask as an Ethereum wallet is to use it as a browser extension for your own web browser. The MetaMask browser plugin is specially designed for the Google Chrome browser. However, it can also be installed on the following browsers:
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
- Microsoft Edge
First, you download the plugin from MetaMask ‘s page. Here you click on “Download” and you can then select the respective plugin for Chrome, iOS, and Android.
Step 2: Add a new wallet
You can then add a new wallet. In the following window, you will be asked whether you already have a weed key or want to add a new wallet. Choose the second option.
Step 3: Set a password
Now you have to set a password for your MetaMask wallet. Enter the password twice and confirm your new password.
Step 4: Save backup key
After that, MetaMask will show you a secret backup key. In MetaMask, this is a sequence of 12 words that you have to remember in this order. Keep this key safe to restore MetaMask as your Ethereum wallet if necessary.
This is followed by another check to see whether you have written down your backup key. You will also receive storage tips.
If you have now completed these steps, you will see the main menu of MetaMask with the balance of your Ethereum wallet.
How do I fund my MetaMask wallet with Ethereum?
Now you can top up your Ethereum Wallet at MetaMask with Ether Tokens. There are various possibilities for that:
- Send Ether to MetaMask Ethereum Wallet: If you already own Ether, you can send it to your MetaMask Ethereum Wallet. To do this, you must copy the address of your wallet. On the following picture you can see where you can copy the address of your MetaMask wallet. Then you enter this address as the destination address when transferring from your other wallet.
- Buy Ether with Payment Provider: If you don’t already own Ether, you can buy it with two payment processors: Wyre and Transak. Both accept credit card payments. Transak also offers bank transfers. To do this, go to “Buy” at MetaMask and then select one of the providers.
How do I send Ethereum with the MetaMask wallet?
If you want to send ether, go to the “Send” function in your MetaMask Ethereum wallet! Then you enter the destination address. Then you select Ethereum as the token and set the amount before confirming.
How to Swap Tokens on MetaMask wallet?
If you want to do a token swap, go to the third option Swap. There you select the swap partner for your ether tokens and your amount of ether for the swap. Below that you can set Slippage Tolerance. This is the percentage of a price change that must be exceeded for your swap to be canceled before execution.
Can I connect my MetaMask Wallet to other websites?
Yes, you can connect your MetaMask to numerous websites such as Axie Infinity. The MetaMask application usually reports itself when you have logged on to the corresponding application. Here at Cryptoticker, we offer specific instructions for various applications.
You can purchase Ethereum for your MetaMask wallet on crypto exchanges Coinbase and Kraken .
- Ripple Price Prediction – How High will XRP reach in 2050?
- How to add Fantom to MetaMask?
- How to add Avalance (AVAX) to MetaMask?
- Ripple Price Prediction – How High will XRP Reach in 2025?
- How to send Ethereum from Metamask?
- Ethereum Fork ETHPoW: How to Add ETHW to MetaMask? The Complete Guide
- New To DeFi? Connect Your Metamask To Aave With These Steps!
- Top 10 Ethereum Wallets for 2023: Securely Manage Your Crypto Portfolio
- The Big Ripple Price Prediction for 2023 – How high can the XRP price go in 2023?
- Airdrop Alert: Metamask Airdrop Could be One of the Biggest Airdrops Ever
- Here Are The Most Amazing Features Of The Ronin Wallet
- The Simple Guide to Correctly Use SushiSwap
- Shiba Inu to Reach 1$ soon? This New Upcoming Development Proves it Right
- Easy Guide: How to Send and Receive NFTs on MetaMask
- Easy Guide: How to Stake MATIC with Metamask?
- Cardano Basho: When is the next big Cardano update coming?
- Getting Smart With Sushiswap: How to swap on Sushiswap in easy steps?
You might also like
More from Blockchain
Dogecoin, Shiba Inu Coin or Pepe Coin – Which Memecoin to BUY?
The coming weeks can be a good opportunity to speculate on Memecoins. Should you invest in Dogecoin, Shiba Inu Coin …
First Digital Launches USD Stablecoin Amid Hong Kong Crypto Regulations
First Digital, a financial technology company, has introduced its USD stablecoin. In this article, we delve into the details of …
Cardano Price is set to reach 2$ by the End of 2023, in Theory?
Cardano (ADA) is a blockchain platform renowned for its unique proof-of-stake consensus mechanism and multi-layered architecture.