Currently, Non Fungible Tokens (NFTs) are all the rage in the crypto market. Dozens of art pieces and complete collections come to life through daily minting over the blockchain. The NFT marketplaces are doing record volume and logging great user interest. But, the old NFT collections which started the whole thing remain far more valuable and possess an aura of greatness. Let’s look at the top 5 historical NFT collections on Ethereum!
5. Decentraland circa 15 August 2017
Decentraland, as the blockchain record tells us was deployed on 15 August 2017. This makes it the fifth in the top 5 historical NFT collections list. It is a digital sims-like platform that allows users to create and experience virtual reality. The users can purchase plots of land (non-fungible unique digital assets) that they can build. It includes the record of the location, owner, content description, and access controls. Also, they can develop and monetize assets.
4. Moon Cats circa 09 August 2017
Moon Cats got their reentry and fame not so long ago, being one of the oldest NFT collections on the Ethereum blockchain. The contract started on 09 August 2017, granting Moon Cats fourth place in the top 5 historical NFT collections ranking. It’s website notes the following “This project is an exploration of the ability to release tradable collectibles and record their ownership on the Ethereum blockchain”. There are 25,600 name-able Moon Cats procedurally generated (out of 4 billion possible combinations) in total, all of them having being rescued and now available in secondary markets for trading.
With the code CRYPTOTICKER2022 you get 50% discount in all the tickets
Berlinverse 2022 - 2 days of Web3, NFTs, Art/ Generative Art & Metaverse
3. CryptoPunks circa 22 June 2017
What to say of the iconic and uber-expensive Larva Labs developed CryptoPunks? CryptoPunks is a collection of wildly popular 10,000 unique 24x 24 8-bit images, divided into 5 types. These are Alien, Ape, Zombie, Male, and Female. They were deployed on 22 June 2017 – though they are falsely perceived as the oldest NFT art collection. However, they are number 3 on the list of the top 5 historical NFT collections. Each of them have unique personality and random generated features, some of them are of course more rare than the others and fetch a premium. CryptoPunks are routinely sold for millions with a highest recorded sale of 4,200 ETH or over 7.5 million dollars for #3100.
2. Curio Cards circa 09 May 2017
Curio Cards are unique “online art show and permanent gallery” deployed on 09 May 2017. It features a set of 30 series of NFT cards from 7 different artists, each series having around 29,296 art featuring cards. It’s number second on the list of the top 5 historical NFT collections and the oldest known “art collection” on Ethereum. Along with CryptoPunks, they formed the basis of the ERC-721 standard, which references and codifies several features introduced by Curio Cards.
1. Etheria circa 21 October 2015
Etheria is the oldest Ethereum based NFT project in existence, virtual tiles of land on the blockchain and a primitive version of Decentraland! It holds the top position in our top 5 historical NFT collections list, however it’s not exactly an art collection, so that honor still remains with Curio Cards. It was deployed 77 days after the launch of the public Ethereum network on 21 October 2015.
According to the official source, it’s described as: “Ξtheria is a virtual world in which players can own tiles, farm them for blocks, and build things. The entire state of the world is held in and all player actions are made through the decentralized, trustless Ethereum blockchain. It’s a tiny 3D world, a 33×33 map of hexagonal tiles upon which structures can be built with LEGO-like bricks”
- Shiba Inu Price Prediction: How High can SHIB Price reach by 2030?
- Curio Cards – An Indepth Review Of The Oldest Ethereum Art Collection
- Curio Cards Full Set Sold For $1.2M In Christie’s Ether Exclusive Auction
- Can Shiba Inu Price Reach 10 Cents?
- Visa Acquires CryptoPunk# 7610 In Historic NFT Deal
- Top 5 Historical NFT Collections On Bitcoin / Counterparty
- Top 5 NFT Art Collections
- Cardano Price Prediction – How High can Cardano reach by 2030?
- CryptoBots NFT Game 2017 Is Making A Lazarus Style Return!
- Ethereum NFTs 2016/2017 – A Report On The Recent Findings
- BIGGEST Shiba Inu Prediction: How High can SHiB reach before 2023?
- The Ultimate NFT Guide – New to NFTs? START HERE
- Top 5 NFT Use Cases
- Will Mutant Cats Be Valuable In The Future?
- Shiba Inu Price is about to Increase because of THIS indicator!
- Top 5 Metaverse Tokens By Market Capitalization
- Successful NFT Projects in 2022
- Dogecoin Price Prediction – Can DOGE 10x in the Next Bull?
- Top 10 Upcoming NFT Sales
- Simple Guide On Pixel Vault: What is Pixel Vault NFT?
- Shiba Inu Prediction 2025 – Can the Meme Coin Repeat Its BOOM?
You might also like
More from NFT
The creators of Bored Ape Yacht Club (BAYC), Yuga Labs, have acquired 10KTF, the NFT game established by digital artist …