Imagine being able to help refugee children from Rohingya procure food and shelter simply by sitting in front of a computer and surfing the internet. UNICEF’s latest creation, the Hopepage, allows internet users to do just that – by delegating a portion of your computer’s processing power, you enable the site to mine cryptocurrency and subsequently donate the funds accrued to UNICEF’s Australian Branch.
With Hopepage, UNICEF aims to make donating to those in need more accessible than they are today. Aside from the reluctance of parting with one’s hard-earned bucks, people tend to be dissuaded from donating to the poor because of the amount of trouble that they have to go through – whether it’s the types of accepted currencies, the trustworthiness of the website, or the transaction fees. UNICEF takes all of that out of the picture by providing a hassle-free solution for people to make an impact without having to worry about any loose ends.
How It Works
At press time, there has been over 3,000 people who has donated to the UNICEF via Hopepage. This method of donating to the UNICEF can be explained in 3 simple steps:
- First, when you open the Hopepage, a pop-up will appear and ask for your permission to use your computer’s processor to solve cryptocurrency algorithms in a process more commonly known as mining. You can also choose the amount of processing power you want to donate to this task.
- The longer you stay on the page and the more processing power you donate, the more algorithms get solved, which translates into cryptocurrency.
- The cryptocurrency is automatically donated to UNICEF Australia and is turned into real funds that reach children through life-saving supplies like safe water, therapeutic food, and vaccines.
UNICEF is not the first website to pool their visitor’s computing power to perform cloud mining. Back in February, Salon.com began providing readers with the option to remove all advertisements by simply leasing out their “unused computer power” for the website to mine the cryptocurrency Monero, an alternative to bitcoin that is said to be more private because it shuffles users’ identifying information.
In fact, this is not the first time UNICEF has done this either – a few months ago, they launched Chaingers.io, in hopes of using their website visitors’ computing power to mine Ethereum, which will then be converted to fiat currency to help Syrian refugees. However, the key difference between Chaingers.io and Hopepage, aside from the type of cryptocurrency mined, is the need to download a miner software to perform the mining task. Their effort recorded a modest amount of success, raising over $1,200 as of today.
- Shiba Inu Price Prediction: How High can SHIB Price reach by 2030?
- Binance Donates $1 Million to Flood Victims in Japan
- Trustwave Discovers Cryptojacking Malware On Make-A-Wish Foundation website
- Shiba Inu to Reach 1$ soon? This New Upcoming Development Proves it Right
- Golem – Hit or Flop?
- Litecoin Price Prediction as Bitcoin Breaches 30K…Will LTC reach 150$?
- Forget about Mining Bitcoin…Focus on Mining THIS
- Can Shiba Inu Price Reach 10 Cents?
- Freedom of The Press Foundation Now Accepts Donations in Five Cryptocurrencies
- Swap your GNT token to GLM TODAY – Get to know all About Golem Crypto!
- Is Bitcoin mining possible on iphone?
- Is Bitcoin Mining Illegal? Here’s Everything you Need to Know in 2022
- Ripple Price Prediction – How High will XRP Reach in 2025?
- Google’s ‘Quantum Supremacy’ and what it means for the Crypto Industry
- Here’s your Ultimate Cryptomines Guide – Is this NFT Game Worth it?
- XRP relisted, Ripple CEO optimistic about the Lawsuit…BUY XRP in 2023?
- What Is Crypto Mining? Earn Profits From Mining With These Steps!
- Is Monero XMR Truly Anonymous? Here’s What to Know About $XMR!
- Ethereum for Syria with CryptoCountries & Unicef
You might also like
More from Blockchain
Top 5 Altcoins to BUY in May 2023 – Best Crypto Investments!
Altcoins to Buy in May 2023: We just compiled our list of the best cryptos to buy before the end …
Litecoin Price Prediction 2023: Will Litecoin Surge 700% vs Bitcoin?
The founder of Litecoin predicts that LTC/BTC could rally up to 0.025 BTC. In this Litecoin price prediction, we explain …
Ethereum Prediction 2023: Can Ethereum reach $4,000 by Year End?
In this Ethereum prediction 2023 article, we explore trends to assess the potential trajectory of Ethereum in the coming months.