FTX exchange founder Sam Bankman-Fried has donated $5.2 million to Joe Biden’s 2020 US presidential campaign.
FTX exchange founder Sam Bankman-Fried is One of The Top Contributors
According to details revealed in the donation disclosure website Opensecrets.org, FTX exchange founder Sam Bankman-Fried is one of the top contributors. Sam Bankman-Fried, the CEO of cryptocurrency derivatives platform FTX, gave the second-largest donation to Joe Biden’s presidential campaign.
While Bloomberg LP gave the biggest donation, a $57.5 million donation and FTX’s donation is $5.2 million is behind that of Google’s parent company, Alphabet, which gave the Biden campaign $6.3 million.
Opensecret.org stipulates that it lists the top donors to Joe Biden in the 2020 cycle. It further states that “The money came from the organizations’ PACs; their individual members, employees or owners; and those individuals’ immediate families. At the federal level, the organizations themselves did not donate, as they are prohibited by law from doing so. Organization totals include subsidiaries and affiliates.”
Biden got $79.5 million from his top 100 donors, matched to Trump’s $75 million. As the vote counting is still advancing, the advantage in donations may have established productive in advancing Biden, although at the time of writing this it’s still too early to say who will sit in the white house.
Other notable CEOs who donated larger sums to Biden’s campaign are Seth Klarman ($3 million) and Michael Sacks (around $1.7 million). Both are hedge-fund directors.
- XRP Price increase 100%? This Chart confirms a MASSIVE Breakout soon
- Sushiswap Migration Drains Uniswap’s Liquidity!
- What does Joe Biden Presidency mean for the crypto market?
- LUNA Crash to 1$! Proposal to fix UST is out, will LUNA recover soon?
- Sushiswap: Chef Nomi Returns His ETH worth $14 Million To The Community
- Consensus 2022 Review: Here’s How it Went
- Vitalik Buterin gives big to AI Charity
- Founder of Terra Arrest – Will LUNA Collapse AGAIN?
- FTX Supporting NFTs On Solana: Why Is This A Hot Topic?
- Top 5 Meme Coins By Market Capitalization
- XRP Price can TRIPLE in the next few weeks if THIS Happens, Here’s Why
- Case-study: Benefits of cryptocurrency-based donation systems
- Is The FTT Token The Next Best Investment In The Market?
- Biden to Nominate Ex-MIT Blockchain Professor, Gary Gensler as Chairman of SEC
- PancakeSwap VS SushiSwap – What is the Difference?
- XRP Price Prediction – Can Ripple reach 1 $ before 2023?
- BREAKING: Did Europe Approve Cryptos? Here’s what just Happened
- What is the Huobi Token price prediction for 2024?
- BitMEX Offers Financial Support to MIT to Conduct Crypto Research