Lately, numerous cryptocurrency exchanging platforms have showed up on the web. They all claim to offer the best (or truly outstanding) exchanging platform(s), empowering the novices and experts to exchange digital currencies in a matter of seconds and with full certainty. The FSMA of Belgium has, however, received numerous complaints about these trading platforms that claim to be active in the cryptocurrency world.
The Financial Services and Markets Authority of Belgium (FSMA) has warned people about 19 fraudulent cryptocurrency exchanges showing signs of fraud. FSMA is known as as financial guard of Belgium. They have been getting grievances from people about cryptocurrency exchanging platforms which are involved in fraud. They have issued a press release cautioning to all the platforms linked with these fake exercises.
The FSMA has published a list of cryptocurrency trading platforms about which it has received number of complaints from people and has identified signs of fraud.
The list includes:
FSMA also said that “This list does not contain all websites that may be unlawfully offering cryptocurrency trading platforms, but is based solely on reports which the FSMA has received from consumers and the observations that could be made as a result of those reports”
People never recovered the invested funds and also they never received further communications from the company.
Some of the complaints are as follows:
- “I got in touch with the XXX group via an advertisement on Facebook, where I left my contact information. After that, an employee phoned me and explained their working methods to me… he then explained that there was a good deal on at the moment and that he could double my investment if I invested as soon as possible. I let myself be tempted and transferred some money (…) The employee then became increasingly evasive and became hard to reach by phone. On the last occasion, he told me my file would be closed and that I would be paid the returns. (…) However, to date I have not received anything.”
- “’I invested via a platform (XXX) that allegedly holds an authorization. When I asked for my money to be refunded, they promised me it would be done by a given date. However, I have received nothing to date, and they have cut off all access.”
- “The account was closed and [an] agreement [with a view to] a full refund of my investment (…). Since then, I have still received nothing on my account, despite several emails”
- Always verify the identity of the company
- Always ask for clear and comprehensible information, and take a critical attitude to the information they provide.
- Be wary of (promises of) completely disproportionate gains. Where a return seems too good to be true, it usually is.
- Conservative Prediction: Can XRP reach $5 in 2023?
- This Billionaire with a Net Worth of $13.2 Billion Reveals 10% of His Liquid Assets are in Bitcoin!
- MCO Price Explodes 45% While CRO Price Remains Flat, Investors not Happy
- Big News: Ripple Price is about to TRIPLE? This News Confirms…
- Coinbase Glitch Costs Customers Thousands of Dollars
- Here’s How one of our Discord Members made 25k with Rabbit NFT!
- Cryptocurrency Weekend Round UP: Turky and Cryptocurrency, RBI Anxious about Crackdown, Fraudulent Crypto Volume on Exchanges
- Ripple Price Prediction – How High will XRP reach in 2050?
- Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak Compares Ethereum (ETH) To A Young Apple
- Top 5 Best Platforms to Earn High Interest on Your Crypto Assets
- Crypto Millionaire: Buy THESE Cryptos before they BOOM in 2023?
- Rapper 50 Cent Admits That He Never Actually Owned Bitcoin
- The Crypto Billionaires of China
- Shiba Inu Price Prediction: How High can SHIB Price reach by 2030?
- The Next black Swan Event?: Gate.io and Crypto.com Seem to be Fabricating Proof of Reserves
- John McAfee didn’t do taxes for 8 years
- Can the Wirecard scandal be repeated with cryptocurrencies? Bitcoins in danger?
- Can Shiba Inu Price Reach 10 Cents?
- Steve Wozniak Aims To Get Involved In Crypto Startup
- Litecoin Founder Sells All His Litecoins
- Top ICO projects listed on CoinList – Casper, Mina and Covalent
You might also like
More from Blockchain Companies
Will USDC Crash? USD Coin trading at a 10% Discount!
Many crypto companies took a hit as Silvergate and Silicon Valley Bank halt operations.. Will USDC crash? What are the …
Investing in the Next Big Thing: The Best Crypto VCs of 2023
A list of the best crypto VCs firms of 2023. This post will provide you with valuable insights into these …
Silvergate Crypto Bankruptcy: Why did Silvergate Crash?
Silvergate crypto bank has announced that it will begin the process of "winding down" its operations and liquidating its bank. …