Electricity is required to secure the Bitcoin blockchain. Lots of electricity! As a miner, you always have to be careful not to take in more Bitcoin than you ultimately need to cover costs, otherwise, you will be left with red numbers. The question of renewable energies is not far off. Can you make it if you mine using renewable energies such as solar power?
Does Bitcoin Mining pay off with a photovoltaic system?
Since electricity prices in developed countries are so high that it is not possible to mine profitably, a photovoltaic system would always pay off. Let’s look at how Bitcoin mining would pay off with solar power. We want to go to work with an Ant S9 miner, which has an output of 1,380 watts and processes 13.5 TH / s. The device costs around € 450 at Amazon. For a solar system that delivers so much electricity, you have to invest 20,250 euros according to the SMA website if you enter Munich as your place of residence. So you have a total of 20,700 euros in expenditure.
Now we convert our euro expenditure into US dollars and enter the data on CoinWarz, a site that calculates the profitability of mining for us. Unfortunately, the result doesn’t look quite as convincing. We see that under the current conditions we would mine around 6,120 days to get the total cost back inside. If you were to feed all the electricity into the network at the current rate of 0.11 euros, it would take around 7 years for the system to be paid for and after 16 years you would already be 36,000 euros plus.
Today, Bitcoin ranks #5 as the most profitable cryptocurrency to mine. Trying other alternatives might be more beneficial at the moment, as the below table shows the top 5 coins:
Although studies want to prove that 75% of the electricity used for Bitcoin mining comes from renewable energies, Bitcoin mining with solar power does not pay off in Germany any more than with electricity from the provider. Perhaps it looks better further in other countries where electricity is much cheaper, as more solar power reaches the earth’s surface there and the systems can thus achieve more power. it is also advisable to look for other coins to mine, as big tech already set up millions of dollars in mining gear in countries with cheap electricity.
Stay Ahead, Stay Updated
- What Is Crypto Mining? Earn Profits From Mining With These Steps!
- Is Bitcoin Mining Illegal? Here’s Everything you Need to Know in 2022
- Bitcoin Mining: Square and Blockstream are making huge investments to reduce Bitcoin consumption
- Crypto Millionaire: Buy THESE Cryptos before they BOOM in 2023?
- A Bitcoin TOTAL Collapse might Happen, mostly due to Miners! Here’s why
- Bitcoin Mining – When Will It End?
- Is Bitcoin Mining Illegal?
- Shiba Inu Price Prediction: How High can SHIB Price reach by 2030?
- Forget about Bitcoin and Check out those 5 Bitcoin Alternatives!
- Top 5 Bitcoin Mining Hardware in 2019
- Big News: Ripple Price is about to TRIPLE? This News Confirms…
- Norton Crypto: is it a Good Mining Alternative in 2022?
- Can You Mine Bitcoin On A Raspberry Pi?
- STO Envion refunds up to $70 million – everything you need to know
- The Big Ripple Price Prediction for 2023 – How high can the XRP price go in 2023?
- Bitcoin: Life After 21 Million
- Ethereum Merge: Is Ethereum Mining Still Worth it?
- Cardano Price Prediction – How High can Cardano reach by 2030?
- What are Bitcoin Mining Pools?
You might also like
More from Bitcoin News
Can Bitcoin reach $1,000,000 EVER?
Some investors predict BTC to reach 1 million USD. In which scenario could this Bitcoin price be possible? Can Bitcoin …
Bitcoin Price Prediction: Lower Targets CONFIRMED! BTC Crash to 20K?
Will Bitcoin crash to 20k? In this Bitcoin price prediction, we're going to analyze some Bitcoin targets for the short …
What’s Happening to Bitcoin Price? A Secret formation in place?
What's happening to Bitcoin price today? Will Bitcoin price go up again? Let's analyze in this Bitcoin price prediction article.