In case it hasn’t been obvious for a long time, Bitcoin mining is a highly profitable business. Since the protocol is run in a decentralized manner with Proof of Work (POW) algorithm, miners contribute to the network by providing computational power to run and safeguard it. They are compensated and incentivized via block subsidies (BTCs released for solving block decreasing – every four years) and through transaction fees paid by users.
However, the parameters for mining haven’t stayed the same. In the beginning, it was possible to mine BTCs with personal computers and laptops, but they got overtaken by specially built Application Specific Integrated Circuits (ASIC) because of the rising difficulty and the need for more hash power. But, can Bitcoin be mined using a Raspberry Pi?
What’s A Raspberry Pi?
Launched in 2012, Raspberry Pi is a series of low-cost and modular but highly powerful computing machines in a single board design, which makes them highly compact and suitable for carry around. They have wide support for operating systems such as Ubuntu, Windows OS, Raspberry Pi OS, Linux etc. Pi’s also have many interfaces and offer powerful features. These versatile system on a chip computers are used in servers, robotics, programming, learning, science projects, monitoring, recreational purposes etc.
Can It Mine Bitcoin?
Technically, Raspberry Pi can mine Bitcoin by using special software and slightly higher specifications than normal. They would work like any other mining equipment, trying to find solutions to the mathematical puzzles and producing valid blocks. Now, these devices would have been capable enough for mining Bitcoin back then, when the difficulty was low and rewards were high, upto the point that a single PC or laptop could mine hundreds of BTCs per day.
But unfortunately, that’s not the case anymore. Bitcoin difficult has risen to a point, where devices like Raspberry Pi can’t practically and thus profitably mine BTCs anymore. For instance, Raspberry Pi can produce 30 H/s, referenced against modern Bitcoin ASIC miner equipment which can do 2-15 TH/s and still need to mine in tandem with dozens of other machines to make any difference. It would take a single Raspberry Pi hundreds of years to mine even a small part of Bitcoin.
- Can Shiba Inu Price Reach 10 Cents?
- Icelandic Thieves Steal Over 600 Cryptocurrency Mining Equipments
- Is Bitcoin mining possible on iphone?
- Shiba Inu Price Prediction: How High can SHIB Price reach by 2030?
- Bitcoin Mining on the Mac?
- A Bitcoin TOTAL Collapse might Happen, mostly due to Miners! Here’s why
- What happens if a supercomputer is involved in Bitcoin Mining?
- Crypto Millionaire: Buy THESE Cryptos before they BOOM in 2023?
- What Is Crypto Mining? Earn Profits From Mining With These Steps!
- What is Bitcoin Mining RIG?
- The Big Ripple Price Prediction for 2023 – How high can the XRP price go in 2023?
- Will Jihan Wu Step Down as Bitmain CEO?
- Top 3 Best ASIC Bitcoin Mining Hardware for 2019
- Is Now the Best Time to Start Mining Bitcoin?
- Big News: Ripple Price is about to TRIPLE? This News Confirms…
- Bitmain Discloses Transparency Policy
- Forget about Mining Bitcoin…Focus on Mining THIS
- Shiba Inu to Reach 1$ soon? This New Upcoming Development Proves it Right
- LEAK: Samsung Galaxy S10 Integrated Crypto Wallet on the Way?
- Chinese Police Arrests Suspects of $87 Million Cryptocurrency Theft
- Google’s ‘Quantum Supremacy’ and what it means for the Crypto Industry
You might also like
More from Bitcoin News
THIS Bitcoin Chart is Reassuring! Buy Bitcoin TODAY and Profit?
There could actually be a scenario in which Bitcoin reaches its all-time high as early as 2023. Why could this …
Can Bitcoin reach $1,000,000 EVER?
Some investors predict BTC to reach 1 million USD. In which scenario could this Bitcoin price be possible? Can Bitcoin …
Bitcoin Price Prediction: Lower Targets CONFIRMED! BTC Crash to 20K?
Will Bitcoin crash to 20k? In this Bitcoin price prediction, we're going to analyze some Bitcoin targets for the short …