Binance, the world’s largest cryptocurrency exchange has donated $1 million for the victims of the floods and landslides in Japan. The company was founded in China but moved its headquarters into Japan in advance of the Chinese government ban on cryptocurrency trading in September 2017. By March 2018 the company had established offices in Taiwan.
In an official post, Binance said:
“To help out the victims in West Japan that were affected by the heavy rains on 7/7/2018, Binance is donating $1,000,000 USD and calling for our crypto friends and partners to join us in the relief initiative”
As reported by BBC, On Saturday parts of western Japan has been hit by deadly floods and landslides. More than 60 people are dead and dozens missing after record rainfall caused rivers to burst their banks in Hiroshima and other areas.
Binance has urged clients who’d like to donate to send ETH or ERC-20 tokens to the wallet.
If you would like to donate to the cause, please follow the steps below:
- Anonymous Donation Send ETH or ERC20 tokens you want to donate directly to the Binance donation address 0xA73d9021f67931563fDfe3E8f66261086319a1FC
- Send email to [email protected] including:
- Your name, if you wish to be mentioned in our acknowledgement,
- Amount you are donating.
- Address from which you will be sending your donation.
- The transaction ID if the donation was already sent.
Send ETH or ERC20 tokens you want to donate directly to the Binance donation address 0xA73d9021f67931563fDfe3E8f66261086319a1FC
Changpeng Zhao, the founder and CEO of Binance, tweeted that projects which will donate to the cause would get “bonus points for future listing requests.
Exact logistics will be figured out shortly. Reply to this thread or let me know if you (ur project) want to donate. Bonus points for future listing requests. And we may count your donations towards the listing fees. Listed projects, you know what to do!
— CZ Binance (@cz_binance) July 8, 2018
The Ethereum wallet has received about $95,000 worth of ETH and $1.05 Million worth of ERC-20 tokens as of writing.
- Shiba Inu Price Prediction: How High can SHIB Price reach by 2030?
- Freedom of The Press Foundation Now Accepts Donations in Five Cryptocurrencies
- Crypto Exchange Binance To Donate Listing Fees To Charity
- PEPE Coin Price to Reach $5 in the Next Seven Days?
- Crypto News Weekly Round-Up
- The Dark Side of Cryptocurrency Exchange Listings
- Case-study: Benefits of cryptocurrency-based donation systems
- BREAKING NEWS: Ethereum inventor Vitalik Crashes Dog Tokens (Shiba Inu, Akita Inu)
- DeStream: Decentralizing the Streaming Industry
- This Crypto CEO Became Joe Biden’s Second Largest Donor!
- UNICEF: Turning Computing Power Into Donations
- Binance To Launch Its Own Blockchain Binance Chain
- DeFi: What Is Uniswap And How Does It Work?
- The Top 5 Decentralized Exchanges (DEXs)
- How to Add Binance Smart Chain to Metamask?
- Cryptocurrency Donations Baffle US Colleges
- Telegram CEO Donates Bitcoins In The Name Of ‘Digital Resistance’
You might also like
More from Blockchain Companies
Coinbase delisting: Coinbase surprised the crypto community by revealing its decision to suspend trading for six cryptocurrency assets.
The crypto market had its ups and downs. In the midst of OpenSea's pivotal decision, should you sell NFTs today?
Crypto News: Coinbase has recently received the green light to delve into the futures market within the United States.