In the world of cryptocurrencies and NFTs, conferences play a crucial role in bringing together enthusiasts, experts, and industry players. However, not all events live up to expectations, and NFT Paris seems to be a prime example of a conference that not only failed to meet the standards but left attendees disillusioned with a bitter aftertaste. Why did NFT Paris disappoint in 2023, and what is the true state of the French crypto ecosystem? Here are many reasons for this demise.
- 1 Exorbitant Costs and Lackluster Inclusions
- 2 Chaotic and Meaningless Side Events
- 3 Overcrowded Speech Room
- 4 Entrances and Queues Nightmare
- 5 Exclusive Media Partnerships
- 6 Flawed Token Minting Process
- 7 Disappointing Prize Pools and Discounts
- 8 Questionable Christmas Giveaway
- 9 Is the French Crypto Ecosystem Dying?
Exorbitant Costs and Lackluster Inclusions
Attendees of NFT Paris 2023 were met with disappointment as they shelled out over 400 euros for tickets, only to find that the basic necessities like water and food were not included. Beyond the pricey entry fee, participants were left questioning the value they received inside the event, with many booths seemingly self-promotional and talks overshadowed by a lack of substance.
Chaotic and Meaningless Side Events
The supposed side events at NFT Paris 2023 were full of disorganization, confusion, and a general lack of purpose. Instead of providing additional networking opportunities or enhancing the overall experience, these events turned into aimless gatherings where attendees struggled to find direction or meaningful engagement. Most people went there for free drinks, or to pitch their crypto ideas.
Overcrowded Speech Room
The primary space for talks and presentations was so overcrowded that many attendees could not enter, or waited hours just to be able to sit inside. Attendees resorted to watching the proceedings on screens outside the room. This raises questions about the event’s logistical planning and true aim of the conference. Are the main talks not that important? Was it only meant to be televised? Why only a 100 people were allowed in while a couple of hundreds waited out?
Entrances and Queues Nightmare
NFT Paris 2023 faced criticism for the chaos surrounding the entrances, with even Media and VIP pass owners enduring long queues. The apparent lack of organization and planning further fueled frustration among attendees, creating a negative atmosphere right from the start.
Media outlets struggled and barely got any place to sit and place their belongings, as some had to sit on the floor. The media area was so small that many media outlets were left outside.
Exclusive Media Partnerships
The decision to work exclusively with handpicked media outlets contradicts the principles of decentralization in the crypto space. By building barriers instead of fostering an open platform, NFT Paris risks alienating genuine journalists and stifling diverse perspectives within the community.
Flawed Token Minting Process
The chaos surrounding the $NFTPARIS token minting process extends beyond the conference itself. Transactions stuck for hours and days, which further highlights the company’s lack of technical preparedness. Such issues undermine the credibility of the conference and raise concerns about the organizers’ ability to handle the intricacies of blockchain technology.
Disappointing Prize Pools and Discounts
The promised leaderboards and discounts for NFT Paris 2024 tickets fell short of expectations. The distribution of discounts seemed arbitrary, with very few participants benefiting from the incentives. The lack of transparency in the process further fueled skepticism about the event’s true motives.
0 users claimed the 50% discount on the event tickets for NFT Paris 2024, while barely 23 users managed to claim the lesser valued discounts.
Questionable Christmas Giveaway
The Christmas giveaway that happened just a couple of weeks ago, touted as a chance for the community to benefit, turned out to be skewed in favor of those holding the most NFT.paris tokens. This casts doubt on the fairness of the selection process and raises questions about the event’s commitment to impartial and inclusive rewards.
Is the French Crypto Ecosystem Dying?
The NFT Paris 2023 debacle is indicative of a broader issue within the French crypto ecosystem. From the Ledger hack and subsequent lack of accountability to Sorare’s apparent focus on financial gains over product updates, and The Sandbox’s lagging progress, there’s a concerning trend of prioritizing profit over community welfare. The French crypto ecosystem appears to be in disarray, marked by a lack of transparency, accountability, and a growing sense of discontent. It’s time for a reassessment of priorities and a commitment to rebuilding trust within the community, fostering an ecosystem driven by innovation and collaboration rather than mere financial gain.
- PEPE Coin Price to Reach $5 in the Next Seven Days?
- NFT Paris – Here’s how you get 20% off your tickets!
- NFT Paris Review: A Successful Event! Here’s how it went…
- Shiba Inu Price Prediction: How High can SHIB Price reach by 2030?
- The largest tech conference in Asia gears up for its annual Hong Kong conference
- With Over 10,000 Attendees Confirmed, TOKEN2049 Singapore Sets Record-Breaking Attendee and Sponsor Numbers Amid All-Star Speaker Line-Up
- New Zealand Crypto Exchange Cryptopia Hacked
- NFT Tallinn is returning even BIGGER and Bolder in May 2023 – Read On
- Porsche NFT Review: BIG Disappointments from the Community?
- Non Fungible Conference: RADICAL lineup in June 7-9 2023 Lisbon
- NFC Conference Lisbon: A Recap and Lessons Learned on Security and Communication
- Why Germany Needs a Crypto-Conference
- Blockchance Review: A Successful Conference Despite the Bear Market?
- CryptoTicker.io’s ApeFest Adventure: A Journey of Innovation and Community
- Seoul prepares to host the Beyond Blocks Summit
- Shimza, Enzo Siffredi to Headline AFTER 2049, the Largest Formula One Grand Prix Pre-Weekend Party
- Consensus 2018: A Blatant Rent-Seeking Operation?
- Berlinverse: A Successful Metaverse Experience! Here’s a Quick Recap
- Record Breaking Success Cements TOKEN2049 as the World’s Largest Crypto and Web3 Industry Event
You might also like
More from Blockchain Companies
Bitget report: there is a notable shift of banking professionals towards the cryptocurrency sector. Are Crypto Jobs Better?
Bitpanda is the official trading partner of FC Bayern Munich. To celebrate this, Bitpanda is offering 2 tickets to the …
Arbitrum and Avalanche stand out as prominent blockchain platforms. Let's take a look at this Arbitrum vs Avalanche comparison