The FTX crash is starting to expose many other crypto companies that were involved with it. BlockFi is yet another company that filed for bankruptcy, leaving its users to bust. Why did BlockFi file for bankruptcy? Let’s talk about the BlockFi crash.
What is BlockFi?
BlockFi was another crypto exchange that also offered interest-bearing custodial service for cryptocurrencies. It started its business back in 2017. To date, BlockFi had more than 100,000 creditors, with liabilities and assets ranging from $1 billion to $10 billion.
Why did BlockFi file for bankruptcy?
There are 2 main reasons for the reason BlockFi went bankrupt:
- The crashing crypto market
- Big exposure with FTX which went bankrupt
BlockFi filed for bankruptcy on Monday 28th of November 2022. They are the newest victim of the financial crisis brought on by FTX. BlockFi stated earlier this month that it had stopped accepting withdrawals due to “substantial exposure” to the FTX exchange as the sister company Alameda. On November 11, FTX, Alameda, and other affiliates declared bankruptcy.
BlockFi Crash: Was BlockFi involved with FTX?
According to BlockFi, the liquidity problem was brought on by both coins locked on FTX’s platform and its exposure to FTX through loans to Alameda, a crypto trading company connected to FTX. According to BlockFi, its assets and liabilities range between $1 billion to $10 billion.
In a separate lawsuit filed on Monday, BlockFi sought to reclaim shares of Robinhood Markets Inc, which had been pledged as collateral three weeks earlier, before BlockFi and FTX sought bankruptcy protection.
- 2022 – A Year in Review: The Top 5 Crypto Stories That Shook The Entire Crypto Market
- Why did Celsius Crypto File for Bankruptcy? Here’s What Happened
- Sam Bankman-Fried arrived in the US: Prison time soon?
- XRP Price can TRIPLE in the next few weeks if THIS Happens, Here’s Why
- Will Binance Take Over the Crypto Market Following FTX Bankruptcy?
- Solana Prediction: Will Solana Crash after FTX’s Downfall?
- Shiba Inu Price Prediction: SHIB is Set To Explode?
- FTX Update: This User withdrew MILLIONS from FTX, and SBF to Prison?
- SBF Arrest: Good News for the Crypto Market?
- Crypto Crash: Bitcoin Price, Ether Price, DOGE Price for 8 November 2022
- Shiba Inu Price Prediction: How High can SHIB Price reach by 2030?
- Bitcoin Prediction: Bitcoin will reach THIS level according to this TYCOON
- What is Happening with FTX? FTX is now being hacked or insiders are making a run with stolen funds?
- Cardano Price Prediction – How High can Cardano reach by 2030?
- Nuri Crypto is Officially Bankrupt – Withdraw your Funds before THIS Date!
- Binance acquires FTX: is Binance manipulating FTT 70% crash?
- Voyager Crypto files for Bankruptcy – Those Crypto Companies are NEXT?
- Ripple SEC Update: is Ripple winning the Lawsuit?
- Binance Backs OUT from FTX Purchase: Renewed Crypto Market CRASH?
You might also like
More from Blockchain Companies
Are cryptocurrencies considered securities? What are the regulations around this specific topic? Let's analyze!
Two of SBF colleagues already pleaded guilty to related charges. After arriving to the US, will SBF plead guilty? Will …
In this article, you will find information about the upcoming FPS NFT, how to claim it and what advantages you …