PwC and VeChain have released a Blockchain Survey Report for Application of Blockchain in China. Findings highlight logistics, government and medical industries as areas that stand to benefit most from implementing blockchain technology, but the most prevailing attitude is a need for standardization.
The newly formed partnership between PwC and VeChain is already at work using data from a survey to improve the adoption of blockchain technology. It involved 130 questionnaires, and two focus group discussions engaging more than 40 respondents.
Respondents were from nearly 20 industries, involving more than 10 functional departments. While industry-specific concerns were present, there is common agreement among respondents that the greatest challenge at hand is standardizing policy to structuring continued development of the technology.
BaaS (Blockchain as a Service) is becoming more prevalent among big tech companies such as Amazon.
The most glaring statistic is security – 85.7% of respondents cited “tamper-resistant” as a core feature of blockchain technology.
Knowledge is Power
- 48.4% of total respondents who have a “basic understanding” are optimistic.
- 84.2% of respondents who are “working in the industry” are optimistic.
- 85.7% of respondents “with experience of applying blockchain technology” are optimistic
Companies Already Using Blockchain
- 50% stated their use of the technology was for security traceability
- 20% distributed data storage, identity authentication, shared data & application, supply chain
- 53.3% set up in-house blockchain R&D teams
- 30% cooperating with blockchain start-up
- 13.3% cooperating with well-known company
- 3.3% investing in or acquiring external blockchain start-up
One of the partners in PwC commented on the strong push their company is making to research, understand and implement blockchain technology. This push is being seen in other surveys as well. Cryptocurrencies are making strides toward mainstream awareness through TV as well.
“A great many more enterprises will begin using blockchain when the technology is supported by comprehensive policy. When policy is established, enterprises that have already applied blockchain will have made substantial headway, and will stand to reap the benefits.”
You might also like
More from Blockchain
More than $6,000,000 in Solana and USDC was stolen from over 8,000 Solana wallets. Let's see how specifically the Solana …