Not even Snoop Dog could save It.
As it was expected, many cryptocurrency enthusiasts and investors flocked Manhattan, New York City for last week’s Blockchain Consensus 2018 Conference. The conference was named after the localized ledger network that supports cryptocurrency that is seen as the solution provider to everything that ranges from unproductive financial transactions to world poverty.
The event was hyped to bring more blockchain-related jobs to the universal financial capital with the event organizers expected nothing less than 8,000 visitors trooping into the Midtown Manhattan hotel for Consensus.
Due to the planning and hype that was associated with the event, predictions from cryptocurrency experts like Tom Lee of Funstarat Global Advisors claimed that the conference would set off a market rally.
But not even the rented Lamborghinis or the 1,000 capacity yacht party with live performances from hip-hop legend Snoop Dogg could stop the value of cryptocurrencies from plugging by more than 50 billion dollars since May 11.
More specifically, the price of Bitcoin, the most popular cryptocurrency, dropped 4.13% in last seven days to trade slightly above $8,000 even after Arthur Hayes, the virtual currency exchange executive whose company rented the Lamborghinis, predicted an upward rush to $50,000 before the end of the year.
Even though the conference was a record-breaking event in terms of attendance, this week’s shaky performance is far beyond extreme by all cryptocurrency standards.
But the market’s resistance towards the Blockchain Week Conference underlines arguments that the most influential buyers already invested in enough Bitcoins during last year’s unforgettable surge.
Cryptocurrency enthusiasts and investors seem to have shed their childish skin and grown up. Meaning it would take more than an entertainment packed conference with special appearances from speakers talking about the markets potential to make them buy in.
The experience noted last week over the Blockchain Week Conference is that people have been enlightened and old rules don’t apply as much given their understanding of the crypto space. Previously, these events could have absolutely made a positive difference in boosting prices. However, this year’s event was a complete flop.
As crypto experts hope for more investments from professional money managers, it is not clear whether regulators in the US and other nations will adopt in putting in place the regulations that would attract institutional investors.
Shockingly, many people may not have proper information on what cryptocurrencies are and how they work. According to a survey that was conducted last year, many buyers and traders invested in cryptocurrency due to pressure from their peers and the fear of being left out without literally understanding how the market worked.
Many Wall Street experts have come out to dismiss the market labeling it as a speculative bubble with billionaire Warren Buffet weighing into the matter by linking Bitcoin to rat poison.
Sunny Lu, the CEO of VeChain Tech, a blockchain-based logistics firm, and one of the main speakers in the Blockchain event, attributed last week’s major slump to unmet expectations in regards to the Blockchain Week Consensus Conference 2018.
- Shiba Inu Price Prediction: How High can SHIB Price reach by 2030?
- DEFI and NFT SUMMIT – BRINGING TOGETHER 16+ TOP EXPERTS on JUNE, 10-11
- NFT Tallinn is returning even BIGGER and Bolder in May 2023 – Read On
- Shiba Inu to Reach 1$ soon? This New Upcoming Development Proves it Right
- Consensus 2022 Review: Here’s How it Went
- AIBC Summit to Hold its First Ever Fully Virtual Event
- Highlights from the spectacular CoinsBank Blockchain Cruise
- CoinsBank Invites Crypto Enthusiasts to Sail the Mediterranean
- Paranoid Internet Rocks Blockshow Europe 2018
- Consensus 2018 Sees Over 8,500 Attendees
- Ripple Price Prediction – How High will XRP Reach in 2025?
- Countdown to the C³ Crypto Conference 2019
- Coinagenda Global Crypto Conference in Las Vegas
- XRP relisted, Ripple CEO optimistic about the Lawsuit…BUY XRP in 2023?
- All about The B Word Conference
- Fifth Annual CoinAgenda Global Conference
- Shaping the Blockchain & Crypto Ecosystem at Hong Kong Blockchain Week 2020 November 17-19, With Main Block O2O Virtual Summit on Nov 18th
You might also like
More from Crypto
How to Become a Successful Trader in 2023 – 5 Steps to Follow
Follow each of the 5 tips step by step to become a successful trader. The only way to get better …
Top 5 Altcoins to BUY in May 2023 – Best Crypto Investments!
Altcoins to Buy in May 2023: We just compiled our list of the best cryptos to buy before the end …
Crypto Safety 2023: How to Protect Your Crypto Investments
While some investors made substantial profits from crypto investing, others lost significantly. Let's dig into this Crypto Safety 2023 guide. …