Two Chinese blockchain projects have received $1.5 billion of investment from the country’s Nanjing province.
The announcement came during the Public Chain Summit, with TokenX Community and UDAP foundation set to receive the funds. The two public blockchain projects cover a range of industries, including healthcare, energy, the environment and general economy. It’s a move marking another step on the countries path towards integrating the new technology into every level of its society.
While UDAP foundation has made clear its aim to bring tokenization to various sectors of the Chinese economy, TokenX’s business model remains a mystery.
The move follows an announcement at the end of last month that Chinese government research groups had filed 41 patents related to a national digital currency. An unverified source has stated that the national currency will seek a balance between centralized and decentralized systems. Users will allegedly have complete control over their money, being the sole owner of private keys, much like Bitcoin, Ethereum, and other current digital currencies. In the past however China has stated that its central bank must have control over the country’s money, leading to the assumption that it will be in charge of the creation of new coins.
China is rapidly moving towards a futuristic economy, with blockchain being just one sector that is receiving large amounts of funding and development. Cash has already been largely replaced by digital payment solutions such as Alipay and WeChat Pay, and so-called smart-cities are now under development.
This shift towards a digital economy has been a recent turnaround however – just last year China issued a complete ban on cryptocurrencies, exchanges and initial coin offerings.
While the bans have been reversed, markets have been slow to recover in one of the world’s largest economies. Chinese markets now represent just 1% of global Bitcoin trade, a staggering fall from being the largest market last year.
- XRP Price increase 100%? This Chart confirms a MASSIVE Breakout soon
- Bitcoin Mining: China Has Sought Public Opinion For Unbanning
- Weekend in Review: Bitcoin Superstore adds TRON, China bans crypto-related activities, Elon Musk Hacked
- LUNA Crash to 1$! Proposal to fix UST is out, will LUNA recover soon?
- How did Crypto Regulations Affect the top 5 Cryptocurrencies?
- Crypto War-Zone: Corporate Coins Waging an Arms Race
- China to Tighten Ban on Cryptocurrency Trading
- Founder of Terra Arrest – Will LUNA Collapse AGAIN?
- IBM Open to Working With Facebook’s Libra Crypto Project
- Replace Cash With Digital Currency, says Kenyan Blockchain Task Force
- XRP Price can TRIPLE in the next few weeks if THIS Happens, Here’s Why
- China bans all crypto-related commercial activities
- China to Publish Monthly Analysis on Blockchain and Cryptos
- Venezuela’s Petro and Iran’s Crypto Token to Launch Soon
- China’s Bitcoin Ban, Crypto Endowments, & Arbitrage bots
- XRP Price Prediction – Can Ripple reach 1 $ before 2023?
- Turkey most likely candidate for mass cryptocurrency adoption
- Chinese Social Network Tianya to Launch Cryptocurrency
- News from Asia: Bank of China Joins Blockchain
You might also like
More from Crypto
ETH increased by more than 25% in the past week. Can Ethereum price reach $2,000 before 2023? Let's assess in …
Will Dogecoin reach $1 soon? What will happen to DOGE prices before 2023? Let's analyze in this Dogecoin price prediction …
Trying to get to grips with cryptocurrencies and native Reddit NFT assets looks promising for Reddit's adventure into decentralized finance