- In collaborative efforts with DCG’s crypto company Genesis, Gemini provides a crypto lending product called Earn.
- After the bankruptcy of major cryptocurrency exchange FTX in November, Genesis stopped customer withdrawals.
- Cameron Winklevoss, the founder of cryptocurrency exchange Gemini, has accused Digital Currency Group (DCG) CEO Barry Silbert of “bad faith stall tactics” and demanded that he dedicate to settling $900 million in debatable customer assets by January 8.
Cameron Winklevoss, who co-founded cryptocurrency exchange Gemini Trust Co with his twin brother, alleged Digital Currency Group (DCG) CEO Barry Silbert on Monday of “dishonest delay tactics” and insisted that he devote to settling $900 million in refuted account holders by January 8.
Cameron Winklevoss has written an open letter to Barry Silbert
In collaboration with DCG’s crypto company Genesis, Gemini provides a crypto lending product named Earn. After the collapse of the massive cryptocurrency exchange FTX in November, Genesis stopped client withdrawals.
Now, Gemini co-founder Cameron Winklevoss and DCG CEO Barry Silbert have embroiled in a Twitter rift, with the exchange executive slandering Silbert for participating in “bad faith stall tactics” over proposals to reinstate Genesis withdrawals. Winklevoss claims that Genesis and DCG owe $900 million to Gemini and its customers, and has given Silbert till January 8 to clearly and openly dedicate themself to resolving the matter.
DCG did not borrow $1.675 billion from Genesis— Barry Silbert (@BarrySilbert) January 2, 2023
DCG has never missed an interest payment to Genesis and is current on all loans outstanding; next loan maturity is May 2023
DCG delivered to Genesis and your advisors a proposal on December 29th and has not received any response
In response to Winklevoss’ allegations, DCG CEO Barry Silbert stated that the company did not borrow $1.675 billion from Genesis. DCG has never happened to miss an interest payment to Genesis and is on track on all loans; the next loan maturity is in May 2023. DCG conveyed an offer to Genesis and your consultants on December 29th and has yet to receive a reply.
The Winklevoss further said to Barry Silbert to stop pretending that he and DCG are innocent bystanders who had nothing to do with the mess. It’s completely misleading. So, if DCG did not borrow the money, how does it owe Genesis $1.675 billion?
DCG and Genesis: The next Crypto War?
According to Reuters, Genesis said in a letter to customers on December 7 that it was continuing to work to maintain client assets and solidify liquidity, but that it would take “weeks rather than days” to create a strategy.
It is worth noting that a multiple simultaneous class action lawsuit was filed against Gemini in early December by investors Brendan Picha and Max J. Hastings, accusing the exchange participated in the sale of unauthorized securities through its Earn program. In short, the story so far looks like this:
- DCG owes 1.6B to 340,000 retail users.
- Barry is refusing to meet and find solutions.
- DCG used user funds to speculate on risky trades.
- DCG work to solve this problem by the 8th of January.
- Ripple Price Prediction – How High will XRP reach in 2050?
- Crypto Billionaire Tyler Winklevoss Says $15K BTC Price Soon After $10K
- Bitcoin ETF? Proposal Withdrawn!
- Shiba Inu Price Prediction: How High can SHIB Price reach by 2030?
- Worst Conference? Was Vitalik Right? – Consensus 2018
- Winklevoss: ‘Google Coin’ Within 2 Years as FANGs go Crypto
- The Top 10 Most Influential People In Cryptocurrency World
- Shiba Inu Price Prediction: SHIB is Set To Explode?
- Tyler Winklevoss Challenges Bill Gates: “Put Your Money Where Your Mouth Is”
- Top 5 Bitcoin Holders in 2021! Hint: Not Tesla…
- XRP Price can TRIPLE in the next few weeks if THIS Happens, Here’s Why
- Top 14 Bitcoin Price Predictions? Experts Opinions Analyzed
- Cameron Winklevoss: “Crazy to not invest on Crypto”
- Ripple SEC Update: is Ripple winning the Lawsuit?
- Final Fantasy creator Square Enix Has Huge Plans For Blockchain Games in 2023
- Is Binance Exchange on the Verge of Collapsing?
- Kraken Exchange Refuses to Comply with NYAG’s Request for Information
- Shiba Inu Price Prediction: Can SHIB Price reach $3 in 2023?
- Cryptocurrency Market Loses Over $50 Billion In A Week
You might also like
More from Altcoin
Square Enix is unbothered by the crypto bearish trend or gamer outcry and is making preparations for various blockchain-powered gameplay.