Elon Musk, CEO of Tesla and SpaceX, is no stranger when it comes to dealing with cryptocurrencies. In a tweet to JK Rowling last year in 2020, the entrepreneur now revealed how many Bitcoins he owns.
By the way – CryptoTicker also has Twitter. Follow us not to miss any news!
JK Rowling didn’t understand Bitcoin
JK Rowling caused a stir on Twitter when she asked for Bitcoin to be explained. This happened in May 2020 after the COVID-19 market crash, which made crypto prices drop significantly and headline in the news.
Vitalik Buterin, inventor of the second largest cryptocurrency Ethereum, did not have to wait long and explained simply: “It is a digital currency. There are ~ 18 million units. The units are not secured with anything. They have value simply because they have value, like collectibles. There is a network of computers that maintain a decentralized and global Excel spreadsheet that records which person has how many shares. People find Bitcoin exciting because there is no central authority that controls this network. So there is no group of people who can simply print more units for friends or change the rules for political reasons. ” – @VitalikButerin
Elon Musk – This is how many Bitcoins the Tesla CEO owns
Unfortunately, the simplified explanations didn’t really help JK Rowling’s understanding, because she then only published the following tweet: “People are now trying to explain Bitcoin to me, and to be honest, I just understand blah blah blah collectibles blah blah blah computers blah blah blah Crypto blah blah blah you have to understand how risky it is. ” – @jk_rowling
Elon Musk interfered and explained further, revealing in the process how much he owned BTC, and that’s dated since May 2020:
How much Elon Musk owns today? It’s hard to correctly estimate, as a lot could’ve happened in a year, but at the same time, the Tesla CEO was quite busy in 2020, seeing how his company stock rose to all-time high territories. Did he manage to grow his crypto holdings since then?
- PEPE Coin Price to Reach $5 in the Next Seven Days?
- Puppet Master? How Elon Musk Tweets Affect Bitcoin Price
- Elon Musk Paradox – Taking Profits From Bitcoin Or Proving Liquidity?
- Shiba Inu Price Prediction: How High can SHIB Price reach by 2030?
- 3 Reasons Why The Crypto Market Crashed! BTC/ETH/XRP Down 10%
- All about The B Word Conference
- New Zealand Crypto Exchange Cryptopia Hacked
- Bitcoin 69420 – Ultimate Meme Value Is Coming Sooner Than You Think!
- Elon Musk: Cryptocurrency Is Better Than Paper Money
- Elon Musk is under SEC Investigation…Again?
- Twitter Hack: 17 Year Old Teen from Tampa Florida Arrested
- After GameStop fiasco, retail traders target Cryptos – Why is DOGECOIN up 470%
- Breaking News – Bitcoin broke USD 24,000…Should you sell BTC?
- Dogecoin Price Prediction: Will Elon Musk drive the price of DOGE to $2 by 2023?
- This Coin is up 150% in 7 days and ELON MUSK seems to love it…It’s also called a “ShitCoin”
- Can Dogecoin reach 1 $ before 2023? Slim chances, BUT…
- Ripple soars 140% this month – 3 reasons why XRP is mooning
- Ethereum 2.0 – Updated Roadmap Pitches “Rollups On Top Of Sharding” Concepts
- China’s “Slap in the face” to Cryptocurrencies causes Bitcoin Plummet
You might also like
More from Bitcoin News
Is Bitcoin poised to reach $50,000 next? Let's take a look at this Bitcoin price forecast article in more detail.
Discover how Hong Kong is set to transform its financial sector with the expected launch of Bitcoin ETFs by mid-2024, …