Our friends over at TOA posted this article reflecting about a tokenized conference, the thought experiment goes a little something like this:
We started a thought experiment at TOA wondering what a conference would look like that has been tokenized from the start. Could it better incentivise contributors (speakers, volunteers, partners) to participate at an event? Does a token based ICO even make sense for a conference business? Or would an equity based ICO get our community better rallied behind our cause?
Many founders are currently wondering whether an ICO makes sense for their product and if so, how they would best structure it (equity vs token, foundation set up, etc.)
We decided to start a podcast series to explore these questions TOA-style: in an open and collaborative way.
TOA & THE CHAIN
Blockchain technology has been a featured topic on TOA stages since 2013, with some of the most prominent experts sharing their knowledge with our community over the years. Amongst these: Gavin Wood (Co-Founder Ethereum & Parity), Kathleen Breitman (Founder, Tezos), Dominik Schiener (Co-Founder, IOTA Foundation), Fabian Vogelsteller (DApp lead, Ethereum), Trent McConaghy (Founder, BigchainDB), Mike Hearn (Former Full-time Bitcoin Core Developer) and Nicolas Carey (Co-Founder, Blockchain.com).
Measured by the number of talks per theme, blockchain and crypto were the most ubiquitous themes at both TOA16 and TOA17.
Naturally, we have followed recent developments surrounding ICOs and the tokenization of platforms with great interest and started wondering whether an ICO would make sense for a conference or festival.
This might sound counter-intuitive. After all we are not even a pure online product. You may think that we drank too much of that Kool Aid and are jumping on the hype train without merit.
But hear me out!
There are 2 reasons why we want to dig deeper and see if an ICO would fit to TOA and its community.
- TOA is a community driven Platform
From the start our mission has been to provide a platform for interdisciplinary knowledge exchange and collaboration. Our journey to build this platform has been community driven from Day 1. We crowdsourced not just our first logo but the entire concept of TOA via open town hall meetings and in 2012 became Europe’s first crowdfunded event.
Our goal since has been to build a platform that acts as infrastructure for others to build upon. Our 200+ satellite events and dozens of interactive formats run by third parties on site are a testament to that.
Could a token provide a better incentivisation structure for our community to get actively involved at our events?
Read the full article here.
- XRP Price increase 100%? This Chart confirms a MASSIVE Breakout soon
- CoinAgenda Global Adds Enterprise Leaders to Speaker Lineup
- Polkadot News Ticker – CryptoTicker
- LUNA Crash to 1$! Proposal to fix UST is out, will LUNA recover soon?
- Top 5 Meme Coins By Market Capitalization
- Fifth Annual CoinAgenda Global Conference
- All about The B Word Conference
- Founder of Terra Arrest – Will LUNA Collapse AGAIN?
- Elon Musk: Cryptocurrency Is Better Than Paper Money
- Shaping the Blockchain & Crypto Ecosystem at Hong Kong Blockchain Week 2020 November 17-19, With Main Block O2O Virtual Summit on Nov 18th
- XRP Price can TRIPLE in the next few weeks if THIS Happens, Here’s Why
- Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak Compares Ethereum (ETH) To A Young Apple
- Polkadot is BACK in the Top 10 Biggest Cryptos – Buy DOT?
- Canada-based Kik Interactive slapped with a $100 million lawsuit by The SEC
- XRP Price Prediction – Can XRP reach 2$ before 2022?
- Polkadot Price Analysis: Will DOT Price Explode?
- Faunus Affiliate Network Hosts The Second Crypto Affiliate & Marketing Conference
- XRP Price Prediction – Can Ripple reach 1 $ before 2023?
- Careem, Blockchain and Dubai: Mudassir Sheikha On The Future
- AZHOS CEO and CO-founder Marcel Kuhs on Supply Chain Automation, STOs and John McAfee
- Everything you need to know about KUSAMA Crypto
More from ICO News
What happened with BNB Chain hack? In this article, we delve deeper into how the BNB hack happened and what …
More than $6,000,000 in Solana and USDC was stolen from over 8,000 Solana wallets. Let's see how specifically the Solana …