In another corporate Bitcoin investment, Stone Ridge asset management group announced on Oct 13 that they have invested $115M in Bitcoin, acquiring around ~10,000 BTCs. This is another entry, in a list of recent spree of corporate Bitcoin investments for the treasuries. They are being managed by the Stone Ridge’s subsidiary New York Digital Investment Group (NYDIG).
New York Digital Investment Group (NYDIG) offers execution and custody services, meaning that it has the infrastructure to purchase and hold cryptocurrencies, on behalf of it’s clients. The best part is that the group has the relevant licenses and complies with relevant regulations.
Why Are Companies Buying Bitcoins?
The primary motivation of companies buying BTCs seems to be the current global financial turmoil and insufficient if not potentially harmful taken by the federal government, to remedy the situation – namely the endless currency printing. The Feds have gone on a printing offensive, raising fears of severely devaluing the currency.
Unsurprisingly, Grayscale is still number one with holdings of over 449k+ Bitcoins, CoinShares is second with approx 69k+ Bitcoins and Microstrategy has landed the third spot with 38k+ Bitcoins. The other significant holders are Galaxy Digital with 16k+ Bitcoins and 3iQ digital asset management with 8.2k+ Bitcoins.
However, Bitcoin has shown a strong correlation to the traditional financial markets and more data is needed to back up the commonly held narrative of Store of Value (SoV). But, Bitcoin is up significantly YTD compared to other financial products and benchmarks, though other major cryptocurrencies (Ethereum, Chainlink etc.) have outperformed BTC.
Govts Are Warming Up-to Cryptocurrencies
If the recent statements and actions are any indication, the governments are themselves warming up to the idea of blockchain technology and cryptocurrencies. Recently on Jul 22, the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC) – an independent bureau of US Department of Treasury of United States of America gave a nod for national banks and federal savings associations to start providing cryptocurrency management and custody services to the public.
- Shiba Inu Price Prediction: How High can SHIB Price reach by 2030?
- US Department Of Treasury Arm OCC Signals Banks To Provide Cryptocurrency Services
- Institutional FOMO? Data Suggests Bitcoin’s Latest Rally Largely Driven By Institutional Interest
- Conservative Cardano Prediction for 2023 – How high can Cardano go?
- Institutional FOMO? Mode Global Holdings Adopts Bitcoin as a Treasury Reserve Asset!
- Grayscale Reports A Record $1 Billion+ In Investments in Q3!
- NASDAQ Company MicroStrategy Increases Its Bitcoin Reserves To $425 Million
- Ripple Price Prediction – How High will XRP reach in 2050?
- 5 Fundamental Reasons That could Launch a Massive Bitcoin Bull Run Before the End of 2020
- MicroStrategy Purchases Extra $50 million in Bitcoin
- Crypto Millionaire: Buy THESE Cryptos before they BOOM in 2023?
- Top 5 Bitcoin Holders in 2021! Hint: Not Tesla…
- Altseason First Horseman – Grayscale Latest Announcement Will Likely Ignite Rally
- New FATF Guidance, Capital Markets to Integrate Crypto and Blockchain
- Shiba Inu to Reach 1$ soon? This New Upcoming Development Proves it Right
- How are Cryptocurrencies Taxed in the US?
- Grayscale Launches DeFi Fund For Institutional Investors, What’s Contained?
- XRP Price is about to BOOM if the crypto market recovers! Buy $XRP?
- How will the Grayscale SEC Lawsuit affect Bitcoin?
- South African Asset Management Firm Sygnia to Launch Cryptocurrency Exchange
- JPMorgan says Institutional Investors Are Moving From Gold To Bitcoin
You might also like
More from Bitcoin News
Saying that a specific cryptocurrency is going "to the moon" is never enough. Let's analyze Bitcoin, Ethereum and MATIC for …
Can Bitcoin price go up in the coming months? Will we see $50,000 in the summer of 2023? Let's analyst …