Grayscale Investments – the world’s largest digital asset’s investment fund released new data for Q1 2020, which shows that amidst the economic slowdown, institutional interest and their exposure to the cryptocurrencies has increased considerably. The total investment into Grayscale products for Q1 2020 was $503.7M, which is the largest quarterly raise in the fund’s history (the previous high was $254.8M in Q3 2019). Grayscale Bitcoin Trust experienced record quarterly inflow of $388.9M, while Grayscale Ethereum Trust managed $110M, the remaining $4.8M was distributed amongst the rest of the Grayscale crypto products. The Grayscale Investments now holds about 1.7% of the Bitcoin’s circulating supply and the assets under its management (AUM) represent 1.2% of the total digital assets market capitalization.
It is worth noting that majority of the crypto investments (88%) came from institutional investors, dominated by hedge funds and the new investors brought in $160.1M. The nature of these hedge funds is broadly mixed. The total crypto investments in all of Grayscale products, since the fund started in 2013, have now reached $1.68B. A large number of investors (38%) are also diversifying across different digital asset products in the Grayscale family (the same diversification percentage was 29% in 1Q19).
Last Year Grayscale Crypto Investments
Grayscale – the crypto investment fund had a record last year too. The data reveals that inflows into the fund, over the last 12 months, reached a staggering $1.07B with the majority of the investments (79%) coming from institutional investors, again dominated by hedge funds.
What Does The Grayscale Crypto Investments Data Reveal?
The Grayscale crypto investment’s data indicates that investors (primarily institutional) are increasing their holdings in the digital asset class, despite the economic slowdown and the risky volatile nature of crypto-assets. Many investors are waking up to the fact that digital assets should be a core component of their investment portfolios and they are increasing their exposure, at the fastest pace in the fund’s history. Grayscale report also notes that demand is reaching peak levels and investors are looking to hedge against the stock markets sell off and the decline in the traditional asset’s price.
The report also points that almost half of the inflows came from retirement accounts and 401Ks, demonstrating investor’s commitment in holding the digital assets for long term and a shared optimism in the future of the crypto-assets. Plus most investors are now diversifying their investments within the fund’s product range than ever before. A strategy which points to higher risk appetite and a deeper search for new uncorrelated assets, which can provide significant returns in an uncertain broadly volatile investment environment.
- Shiba Inu Price Prediction: How High can SHIB Price reach by 2030?
- Grayscale Launches DeFi Fund For Institutional Investors, What’s Contained?
- Altseason First Horseman – Grayscale Latest Announcement Will Likely Ignite Rally
- Conservative Cardano Prediction for 2023 – How high can Cardano go?
- How will the Grayscale SEC Lawsuit affect Bitcoin?
- Cryptocurrency Crowd Optimistic Despite Bad Economy, CoinGecko
- Top 5 Cryptocurrency ETFs to Invest in
- Ripple Price Prediction – How High will XRP reach in 2050?
- JPMorgan says Institutional Investors Are Moving From Gold To Bitcoin
- First U.S. Pension Funds Invests in Crypto
- Crypto Millionaire: Buy THESE Cryptos before they BOOM in 2023?
- XRP Price Plummets Again After Grayscale Announces it Will Exclude it From Portfolio
- Binance Executes 11th BNB Burn, Launches Smart Contracts Platform
- Grayscale Reports A Record $1 Billion+ In Investments in Q3!
- Shiba Inu to Reach 1$ soon? This New Upcoming Development Proves it Right
- Institutional Investments Expected to Grow over Next 5 Years?
- What is Crypto ETF and Where to Buy them?
- XRP Price is about to BOOM if the crypto market recovers! Buy $XRP?
- Fidelity Digital Assets Crypto Survey: Institutional Hordes Are Coming
- Crypto Bank Galaxy digital loses $134 million
- Ethereum Now Equals Bitcoin In Value Transfers And May Soon Exceed It
You might also like
More from Blockchain
The crypto market is moving higher! Based on current market trends and expert analysis, here are the top 3 altcoins …