Bancor has amassed a total value locked (TVL) figure of $62.1M since Nov 17, the day it launched a liquidity mining program with extremely high 300% APY in a so called vampire attack as Uniswap UNI liquidity rewards dry. The pioneer automated market maker (AMM) had a total of $24M TVL on the day of program launch, which has since nearly tripled in a short period of time.
It’s liquidity mining program is designed to attract liquidity and keep it within the platform. It is expected to run for 72 weeks. The BNT rewards will start with 6 large cap and 2 mid cap token liquidity pools, distributed each week. Two new tokens can also be added to qualify for incentivized pools, every two weeks. There is a multiplier system, where rewards can stake proportional to the time liquidity is provided. All of this is subject to approval through Bancor governance mechanism.
This comes at a time when Uniswap rewards are drying up and initial UNI-token euphoria seems to be passing. Bancor is banking on the no impermanent loss and single token staking features to retain liquidity, once it’s own rewards eventually end. These features were introduced in Bancor v2.1 and are complemented by optimized bonding curves/Chainlink oracles.
Uniswap offers a long list of tokens and easy integrations, but it’s weak points are high impermanent loss and non-availability of single token staking. That’s where Bancor is planning to chime in. In the last couple of days, data shows that lots of liquidity flowed from Uniswap to Bancor. A trend which is likely to continue in the coming days.
Bancor is a DeFi focused Automated Market Maker (AMM), which allows exchange or trading of tokens without the need of a counter-party or order book based trading mechanism, through liquidity pools for which stakers earn fees from processing token conversions.
The native token is BNT with a total supply of 69.1M. It supports token conversion on both Ethereum and EOS blockchain platforms. The service features easy sign up facility using mobile number, Messenger and Telegram.
- XRP Price increase 100%? This Chart confirms a MASSIVE Breakout soon
- Bancor v2.1 – An AMM-DEX Aiming To Solve Impermanent Loss!
- DeFi: Bancor v2.1 To Launch in October! What Will The Upgrade Bring?
- LUNA Crash to 1$! Proposal to fix UST is out, will LUNA recover soon?
- Bancor v3 To Introduce Highly Automated “Set And Forget” Yield Generation
- This Token is consolidating before BOOMING! What Is Bancor Crypto?
- The Top 5 Decentralized Exchanges (DEXs)
- Founder of Terra Arrest – Will LUNA Collapse AGAIN?
- Top 5 DeFi Coins – DeFi Closes In On $4.5 Billion in TVL!
- Top 6 EOS Based DeFi Products
- XRP Price can TRIPLE in the next few weeks if THIS Happens, Here’s Why
- Bancor v2 Deployment Begins With Integration Of BNT/USD And KNC/ETH Feeds
- Bancor V2 Launch Powered by Chainlink – BNT Up 1,100% In 3 Months!
- Bancor v2 Expected In 2Q20, Chainlink Secured And Fixes DeFi
- XRP Price Prediction – Can XRP reach 2$ before 2022?
- Bancor v2 – ConsenSys Audit, Potential Coinbase Listing, Furucombo Integration
- Bancor becomes RISKY as Investors Flee Bad Policies…Here’s Why!
- XRP Price Prediction – Can Ripple reach 1 $ before 2023?
- A Data Analysis Technique Reveals That Bancor Is Highly Undervalued
- DeFi Explainer: What is Impermanent Loss?
- Bancor v2 To Offer The Lowest Slippage Rates Of All Automated Market Makers
You might also like
More from Altcoin
ETH increased by more than 25% in the past week. Can Ethereum price reach $2,000 before 2023? Let's assess in …
Will Dogecoin reach $1 soon? What will happen to DOGE prices before 2023? Let's analyze in this Dogecoin price prediction …
News surfaced that the UK approves cryptos. How will this affect crypto prices? Will investors jump back into their crypto …