Bancor announced the launch of the second version of the popular automated liquidity provider protocol on Apr 29. The Bancor v2 will be launched in the second quarter of this year. It will feature integration with Chainlink for price oracles to obtain reliable and tamper free data for stable automated market marker (AMM) operation, provision for a user to contribute to a liquidity pool with only one token, reduced slippage design (reducing volatility and providing smooth liquidity) and support for lending pools.
The technical details, documentation and source code will be released later by the team. Bancor v2 launch will highly benefit the rising field of Decentralized Finance (DeFi) by solving major problems associated with automated liquidity providers.
Liquidity Provision Impermanent Loss Problem: Why Stake When Buy And Hold Gives Better Returns?
There’s a reason why people don’t stake tokens readily, they cause a reduction in value compared to a simple token holding strategy. Its called impermanent loss and Bancor aims to solve this by pegging automated market makers with liquidity pools. The relative value of the automated market maker (AMM) reserves will be held constant using Chainlink oracles, which supply reliable price data to the smart contract from multiple sources. Bancor v2 will extend this protection to volatile assets, without requiring liquidity providers to hold additional assets.
Single Asset Liquidity Provision
Bancor v2 will allow liquidity providers to maintain exposure to a single ERC20 token asset, instead of having to maintain reserves of ever single asset (usually 2 or 3). This will grant greater flexibility to user, who want to minimize exposure to any other asset. Also, custom percentages (1-100) can also be set for assets.
Reduced Slippage Redesign
Bancor v2 will be redesigned from the get go to favor reduced slippage, which will allow it to compete better with order-book based exchanges. It will do so by offering customizable bonding curve logic and enhancing capital efficiency.
Support For Lending Pools
Bancor v2 will support lending pools, so liquidity providers can earn interest alongside the fees from trading. It will maximize the profitability for the users and motivate more people to stake assets.
- XRP Price increase 100%? This Chart confirms a MASSIVE Breakout soon
- Bancor v2 Deployment Begins With Integration Of BNT/USD And KNC/ETH Feeds
- Bancor v2.1 – An AMM-DEX Aiming To Solve Impermanent Loss!
- Shiba Inu Price Prediction: How High can SHIB Price reach by 2030?
- Bancor v2 To Feature REN, renBTC And ENJ As Launch Pool Offerings
- DeFi: Bancor v2.1 To Launch in October! What Will The Upgrade Bring?
- Bancor v3 To Introduce Highly Automated “Set And Forget” Yield Generation
- Bancor V2 Launch Powered by Chainlink – BNT Up 1,100% In 3 Months!
- XRP Price can TRIPLE in the next few weeks if THIS Happens, Here’s Why
- Bancor Offers Upto $54,000 For Finding v2 Bugs, Releases Source Code
- Bancor v2 – ConsenSys Audit, Potential Coinbase Listing, Furucombo Integration
- Top 5 DeFi Coins – DeFi Closes In On $4.5 Billion in TVL!
- FACT: Will Shiba Inu Coin reach $1 during the next Bullrun?
- This Token is consolidating before BOOMING! What Is Bancor Crypto?
- A Data Analysis Technique Reveals That Bancor Is Highly Undervalued
- Cardano Price Prediction – How High can Cardano reach by 2030?
- DeFi: Bancor Initiates Liquidity Mining with 300+% APY As Uniswap Rewards Dry Up
- Yearn Finance And C.R.E.A.M. Finance In DeFi Collaboration
- DeFi Explainer: What is Impermanent Loss?
You might also like
More from Altcoin
Binance Crypto Exchange has alerted its existing consumers of an approaching service outage that could stall on-ramp and off-ramp bank …