Ahead of the major Bancor v2 launch, the team has released a report on the official blog titled “Amplified Liquidity: Designing Capital Efficient Automated Market Makers in Bancor V2” on June 22, showing that the soon-to-be-released Bancor v2 will offer the lowest slippage rates of all Automated Market Makers (AMMs) by expanding the “liquidity amplification” (previously limited to stablecoins and wrapped-asset pairs) to include “volatile assets” too and introducing high capital efficiency, by utilizing Chainlink decentralized data oracles for continuous provision of accurate and reliable price data.
The slippage to transaction depth graph posted on the report shows the percentage of asset price change (during execution of a trade/conversion transaction) against the percentage of the pool’s liquidity that the given trade/conversion is utilizing. Among all six AMMs, Bancor shows the most consistent results when executing trades of all sizes, with the lowest slippage rates for both stable and non-stable coins. Only Curve has lower slippage rates, but its functionality is limited to stablecoins and wrapped assets only.
Bancor v2 Liquidity Amplification
Bancor v2 uses an enhanced liquidity amplification technique, which refers to the design of the pricing curve of an Automated Market Making (AMM) to create denser pockets of liquidity, which dramatically reduce slippage within a given range of prices, by utilizing Chainlink price oracles to dynamically update a pool’s pricing curve. The result is the asset price on the liquidity pool mirroring the asset price on the external markets (as far as possible).
Bancor v2 core-system allows for the pool to provide slippage costs equal to the market price change, to accommodate arbitrageurs with just enough incentive to re-balance pool, but not allowing them to deplete pool reserves economically. This solves the impermanent loss problem, which causes liquidity providers lose value on their staked tokens compared to simple holding strategy and which has prevented many potential liquidity providers from contributing to liquidity pools.
It is being expected that Bancor v2 launch will provide incentives to mainstream and institutional users to massively contribute liquidity to pools, by removing impermanent loss problem, so providers can turn their idle capital or assets into highly productive ones, earning fees while preserving the base value. Bancor v2 launch will allow automated liquidity providers to compete with or even surpass traditional centralized, order-book based exchanges.
About Bancor v2
Bancor v2 is the next major upgrade for the DeFi focused automated liquidity provider project, expected to be released, by the end of Q2 2020. It will feature advancements such as single token liquidity provision, sourcing data oracles from Chainlink to eliminate impermanent loss, reduced slippage design, liquidity amplification (for both stable and non-stable coins) and support for lending pools.
- Shiba Inu Price is about to Increase because of THIS indicator!
- Bancor v2 Deployment Begins With Integration Of BNT/USD And KNC/ETH Feeds
- Bancor v2 Expected In 2Q20, Chainlink Secured And Fixes DeFi
- Dogecoin Price Prediction – Can DOGE 10x in the Next Bull?
- The Top 5 Decentralized Exchanges (DEXs)
- Bancor v2.1 – An AMM-DEX Aiming To Solve Impermanent Loss!
- DeFi: Bancor v2.1 To Launch in October! What Will The Upgrade Bring?
- Shiba Inu Price Prediction: How High can SHIB Price reach by 2030?
- Bancor v2 To Feature REN, renBTC And ENJ As Launch Pool Offerings
- Bancor Offers Upto $54,000 For Finding v2 Bugs, Releases Source Code
- Ripple Price Prediction – How High will XRP reach in 2050?
- Bancor v3 To Introduce Highly Automated “Set And Forget” Yield Generation
- Bancor v2 – ConsenSys Audit, Potential Coinbase Listing, Furucombo Integration
- Top 5 DeFi Coins – DeFi Closes In On $4.5 Billion in TVL!
- Cardano Price Prediction – How High can Cardano reach by 2030?
- DeFi Explainer: What is Impermanent Loss?
- Bancor Liquidity Increased 1000% After v2.1 Launch Amidst Incoming Polkadot And L2 Integrations
- Can Shiba Inu Price Reach 10 Cents?
- Uniswap v3 Liftoff On Apr 5 – Genesis Of Customizable AMMs?
- A Data Analysis Technique Reveals That Bancor Is Highly Undervalued
- This Token is consolidating before BOOMING! What Is Bancor Crypto?
You might also like
More from Altcoin
Ethereum is the biggest smart-contract blockchain hosting many ecosystems. Here are 3 reasons why Ethereum will not die and reach …