Bancor launched the highly anticipated second version of it’s Automated Market Maker (AMM) on Jul 31. Since, it was the first company to pioneer the orderbook-less automated decentralized exchange back in 2017, all eyes were on Bancor v2 to revolutionize the decentralized exchanges and liquidity provision industry again.
The Bancor v2 promised single token liquidity provision, support for lending pools, removal of impermanent loss, liquidity amplification (for both stable and non-stable coins), reduced slippage design and integration of Chainlink oracles for effective security / improvements in overall operation.
After the launch, only two liquidity pools were introduced by the team. BNT/REN and BNT/LINK. They seemed to work and test liquidity provisions done by several crypt-enthusiasts confirmed the same – the AMM’s biggest problem “impermanent loss” was nearly taken care of. However, that’s where it ended. Since August, no further new pools have been introduced. So was the launch unsuccessful? Was the reason for non-introduction of new pools, an undisclosed problem in the design?
Bancor Security Focused Approach
Contrary to the DeFi norm, the Bancor team is a security-conscious group. For that reason, Bancor v2 was only launched in beta after various audits. It was reviewed initially by ConsenSys and 1inch teams. Afterwards, a lucrative bug bounty was launched to figure out bugs and issues, that might have been missed by the audit groups.
Even after all that, the beta launch was reinforced with “caps” or “limits” upto which a pool could be filled. This was done to reduce fund loss, in case of any security breach. It worked, Bancor v2 has been in operation for more than 2 months and hasn’t had any hacking incident or exploits. As it turned out, Bancor v2 was the “test in production” to gather real time data and run analysis to complete the upgrade, via the next v2.1 upgrade.
Enter Bancor v2.1
According to reports, Bancor v2.1 is all set to launch by the end of Oct 2020. It will bring the full set of features for the v2 and introduce a few other significant ones. For instance, the liquidity pools of LEND, renBTC, ENJ, KNC, SNX and others will be introduced. The team is also rumored to be redesigning various components of the system.
Bancor v2.1 will also bring the new norm of liquidity mining and Decentralized Autonomous Organization (DAO) based governance. The users taking tokens for enhancing liquidity on the platform will receive BNT tokens, in lieu of their services. Plus, the token holders will have the right to vote for important decisions through DAO. It is also believed that inflation will be introduced to the platform, to incentivize participation.
Bancor is a DeFi focused Automated Market Maker (AMM), which allows exchange or trading of tokens without the need of a counter-party or order book based trading mechanism, through liquidity pools for which stakers earn fees from processing token conversions.
The native token is BNT with a total supply of 69.1M. It supports token conversion on both Ethereum and EOS blockchain platforms. The service features easy sign up facility using mobile number, Messenger and Telegram.
- Shiba Inu Price Prediction: How High can SHIB Price reach by 2030?
- Bancor v3 To Introduce Highly Automated “Set And Forget” Yield Generation
- Bancor V2 Launch Powered by Chainlink – BNT Up 1,100% In 3 Months!
- Solana Price Prediction – How High will SOL Price Reach in 2025?
- Bancor v2 Deployment Begins With Integration Of BNT/USD And KNC/ETH Feeds
- Bancor v2 Expected In 2Q20, Chainlink Secured And Fixes DeFi
- Bancor v2 To Offer The Lowest Slippage Rates Of All Automated Market Makers
- Shiba Inu Price Prediction: Can SHIB Price reach $3 in 2023?
- DeFi: Bancor Initiates Liquidity Mining with 300+% APY As Uniswap Rewards Dry Up
- Bancor v2 To Feature REN, renBTC And ENJ As Launch Pool Offerings
- FACT: Will Shiba Inu Coin reach $1 during the next Bullrun?
- The Top 5 Decentralized Exchanges (DEXs)
- Bancor Liquidity Increased 1000% After v2.1 Launch Amidst Incoming Polkadot And L2 Integrations
- Bancor v2 – ConsenSys Audit, Potential Coinbase Listing, Furucombo Integration
- Shiba Inu Price Prediction: SHIB is Set To Explode?
- Bancor Offers Upto $54,000 For Finding v2 Bugs, Releases Source Code
- Yearn Finance And C.R.E.A.M. Finance In DeFi Collaboration
- Ripple Price Prediction – How High will XRP reach in 2050?
- Top 5 DeFi Coins – DeFi Closes In On $4.5 Billion in TVL!
- A Data Analysis Technique Reveals That Bancor Is Highly Undervalued
- This Token is consolidating before BOOMING! What Is Bancor Crypto?
You might also like
More from Altcoin
This article is all about the Lido DAO price prediction and why has the LDO price increased by 80%. Let's take a …