Arbitrum mainnet beta launched on the Ethereum network on Sep 01 and there’s astonishing progress on that front. As of Sep 21, the Ethereum scaling solution has crossed a Total Value Locked (TVL) figure of $2.6 billion in a short period of three weeks, overtaking its Bitcoin-based counterpart the Lightning Network by 23X. In comparison against Arbitrum, Lightning Network has a TVL of $114M despite being in operation for several years, at this point.
According to L2 Beat, the website tracking the metrics of all Ethereum based L2 solutions. Arbitrum has seen the migration of 796,502 ETH from the Ethereum mainnet, currently worth over $2.64B and up 18%+ in the past week. It commands a total market share of 73.94% amongst Ethereum based L2 solutions. That’s impressive growth and shows that the roll-ups based true L2 solutions incite user interest. The Lightning Network data took from DeFi Pulse and shows a total of $114M TVL, down over 7% in the past week.
Lightning Network usage and TVL were going up with the recent El Salvador Bitcoin plan implementation, as the LN was likely to play a key role in Bitcoin scaling by allowing economical operation for the average user, who couldn’t afford the Bitcoin base layer fees and processing times otherwise. However, the data indicate otherwise. One likely explanation is that the official Chivo Wallet with the green light for usage by the El Salvadorean Govt and one with the highest adoption doesn’t rely on on-chain transactions much. Despite being on the Lightning Network in some manner, processes most txs in a centralized manner.
About Lightning Network
The Lightning Network (LN) is a layer 2 protocol on top of the Bitcoin blockchain. It seeks to improve scalability and settlement speed, by moving small and frequent transactions off-chain. This allows fast peer-to-peer transactions with low fees. The protocol relies on micropayment channels restricted by the size of their deposits. In turn, those channels connect with each other and move liquidity amongst themselves. Only after a closed channel will the balance send to the actual Bitcoin blockchain and updated in the ledger.
Arbitrum One is an Ethereum scaling solution, utilizing the roll-ups solutions to super-scale the world’s largest smart contracts blockchain. The Ethereum base layer secures it and it doesn’t have a proprietary token. The EVM compatibility is there and Arbitrum supports Ethereum RPC interfaces too. Arbitrum reduces tx cost and speeds up tx processing time.
- Conservative Prediction: Can XRP reach $5 in 2023?
- Arbitrum One Beta Publicly Launches To Bolster Ethereum Scaling
- Ethereum Layer 2 Closes In On $5 Billion TVL Mark
- Big News: Ripple Price is about to TRIPLE? This News Confirms…
- Coinbase Would Soon Integrate Ethereum Scaling Solutions
- Twitter Is Enabling Lightning Network Tips Through Custodial Strike
- Reddit Goes Arbitrum L2 To Scale Community Points Program
- Ripple Price Prediction – How High will XRP reach in 2050?
- Lightning Network Can Support ~35 Million Users At 3 Tx / Yr Average: LN Whitepaper
- Reddit Plans To Onboard 500 Million Users To Web3 Via Ethereum’s Arbitrum
- Can Shiba Inu Price Reach 10 Cents?
- Ethereum Layer 2 Solutions – How Much Does It Take to Transact?
- 1inch Joins The Ethereum L2 Through Optimism Onboarding
- Ethereum Scalability New Era Begins As OKEx Integrates Arbitrum L2
- Shiba Inu Price Prediction: How High can SHIB Price reach by 2030?
- What is Arbitrum? : Everything You Need To Know About Arbitrum Airdrop
- Lightning Labs Secures 10M Funding, Launches Lightning Loop Beta
- Crypto Millionaire: Buy THESE Cryptos before they BOOM in 2023?
- Ethereum Crosses ATH! Upcoming Insane Run to $10,000 And Beyond
- DeFi Boom: Over $223 Million in Bitcoin Tokenized on Ethereum Chain!
- Tether El Salvador Plan – Anatomy Of A Commercial Paper
You might also like
More from Blockchain
MATIC Price Prediction as US Banks Collapse…Will MATIC reach 2$?
Now that MATIC is on the move, will MATIC reach 2$? When will this happen? What are some short/medium term …
Cardano Price is about to EXPLODE! Where is ADA reaching next?
Cardano returned to its previous uptrend and is now targeting the $0,40 price. Should you invest in ADA? When will …
DO NOT Miss Ethereum Price reaching $2,000…is ETH a Good Buy?
Ethereum coin went back to previous highs and is currently eyeing the $2,000 price mark. Is ETH a good buy? …