Bancor – the automated market maker (AMM) protocol has massively increased it’s total liquidity by 1000% to reach a significant figure of $175M, official report revealed citing a period from Oct-24 ’20 to Jan-06 ’21. This improvement came at the helm of Bancor v2.1 release and the launch of liquidity mining program, which saw the liquidity of the platform go up from ~$20M to well above $150M. So far, the key selling points for the new upgrade have been the mitigation of impermanent loss, accomplished with a combination of elastic BNT supply, accurate price oracles and pool insurance.
In an expected move, Bancor has focused so far on the significant large caps and hence the concentration of the total liquidity is found is Ethereum (ETH), USD Coin (USDC), Wrapped Bitcoin (WBTC), renBTC (RENBTC), Tether (USDT), Chainlink (LINK), Dai (DAI), Ocean Protocol (OCEAN), Yearn.Finance (YFI) and REN (REN) – the ten most dominant liquidity pools on Bancor. The progressive coverage offered by Bancor, where a liquidity provider’s insurance is directly proportional to the time, they stake their liquidity has also helped speed things up.
In the time period lasting around 3 months, the total fees earned by the protocol and liquidity providers amounted to $1.12M, a figure which annualized comes to $4.48M. The protocol’s share was 25%, amounting to over $0.3M. It will be burned in favor of BNT token value appreciation, since BNT supply isn’t fixed anymore, because of the new protocol upgrade and is minted to match single-side liquidity deposits – protocol bound and not released to the market. It must be noted that unlike other AMM protocols, Bancor supports deposition of a single token, whereas most other protocols except only liquidity pairs.
Bancor v2.1 has tackled impermanent loss (IL) remarkably well, since the protocol revenue far exceeded the cost of protection against impermanent loss, resulting in profits for the Bancor protocol. Furthermore, the elastic increasing supply of the BNT had surprisingly positive effect on the token’s price, because of the relative lack of selling pressure, mostly internal utilization of the emitted BNTs until inevitable burning and increased usage/profits of the Bancor protocol. This has major implication for liquidity providers and protocol users, as they can be certain of high yields complemented by protection against IL.
Bancor – The Way Forward
But that’s not it. Bancor is actively exploring other venues for protocol improvement. The two major areas of focus seem to be cross-chain compatibility and onboarding on top of a level 2 solution. Bancor currently supports only Ethereum and EOS blockchains, however there are plans to integrate Polkadot through bridge to enable swaps. Bancor is also planning to onboard Arbitrum Layer 2 solution to mitigate Ethereum network congestion, for now the Bancor contracts have been deployed on the testnet, while mainnet integrations are expected soon.
There are also plans to lower barriers for creation of new token pools (the so-called long tail) and introduce an admin fee mechanism to distribute protocol fees and advance new use cases for the BNT token. It’s designed to increase incentives for staking and enable further value extraction for the BNT token. Bancor will also optimize and improve the user experience through introduction of new platform features and performance enhancements, in the coming days.
- PEPE Coin Price to Reach $5 in the Next Seven Days?
- DeFi: Bancor v2.1 To Launch in October! What Will The Upgrade Bring?
- Bancor v3 To Introduce Highly Automated “Set And Forget” Yield Generation
- Shiba Inu Price Prediction: How High can SHIB Price reach by 2030?
- Bancor v2 To Feature REN, renBTC And ENJ As Launch Pool Offerings
- DeFi: Bancor Initiates Liquidity Mining with 300+% APY As Uniswap Rewards Dry Up
- Bancor becomes RISKY as Investors Flee Bad Policies…Here’s Why!
- This Token is consolidating before BOOMING! What Is Bancor Crypto?
- DeFi Approaches $6.5 Billion TVL! Here Are The Top 5 Emerging Protocols
- Top 6 EOS Based DeFi Products
- Bancor v2 Deployment Begins With Integration Of BNT/USD And KNC/ETH Feeds
- The Top 5 Decentralized Exchanges (DEXs)
- Bancor v2 – ConsenSys Audit, Potential Coinbase Listing, Furucombo Integration
- Top 10 Liquidity Pool (LP) Tokens: Unleashing the Power of DeFi
- A Data Analysis Technique Reveals That Bancor Is Highly Undervalued
- This Altcoin Can EASILY 10x But No One Is Talking About It?
- Bancor v2 Expected In 2Q20, Chainlink Secured And Fixes DeFi
- Bancor v2 Imminent – Team Rolls Out Protocol Upgrade
- Ethereum WBTC Overtakes Lightning Network In TVL By 60.26%
- Bancor V2 Launch Powered by Chainlink – BNT Up 1,100% In 3 Months!
- Yearn Finance And C.R.E.A.M. Finance In DeFi Collaboration
You might also like
More from Blockchain
IOTA has recently announced the establishment of the IOTA Ecosystem DLT Foundation in Abu Dhabi. Why is IOTA price up …