Solana claims to be “Proof-of-History”, rather than requiring validators to set transaction timings, it is a unique version of consensus that establishes the relative order of transactions. This approach remains secure but allows greater flexibility for developers and validators.
The advantage Solana has over other protocols is that it allows the blockchain to operate efficiently regardless of network activity. In addition, Solana uses Cloudbreak, a distributed log that prevents transaction history from taking up too much computer space.
This also separates the role of a node into that of a validator and that of an archivist. While dedicated miners must remain more powerful machines, smaller computers can still contribute to the network by serving as filers.
What is the usage for Solana?
If you’ve ever been annoyed by buying apps or making in-app purchases, you can understand why Solana can be so important. By incorporating an app creation platform with its blockchain and native digital currency, Solana could enable more people to create apps and help creators and users avoid the app shops that can be so problematic at times.
Another problem it could solve is that of microtransactions. One of the reasons in-app purchases can be a nightmare is that they often require credit card payments that must exceed a certain amount of euros to be profitable. Because Solana transactions cost fractions of a cent, they can be game-changing.
Solana-based games and applications will also be able to offer player-to-player marketplaces in the future, as we see in some online games today. For example, the music streaming platform Audius is built on Solana and promises a fairer compensation model for recording artists, thanks to its blockchain.
- Dogecoin Price Prediction – Can DOGE 10x in the Next Bull?
- What is Velas Blockchain? – Chances and Risks for 2022
- What is Solana Pay and how does it work?
- Ripple Price Prediction – How High will XRP reach in 2050?
- Top 5 Projects using Solana Blockchain
- Solana Pumps By Over 40 % – Here’s Why…
- Fortnite Founder Big Fan of Blockchain Technology
- Shiba Inu Price is about to Increase because of THIS indicator!
- Solana Price is about to make a BOLD MOVE! Which Direction?
- How to trade Solana in this Turbulent Crypto market with Bybit?
- Shiba Inu Price Prediction: How High can SHIB Price reach by 2030?
- What is Solana blockchain? Can SOL Coin go up again?
- 90,000 ETH of Winnings, New Providers, and Live Casino at the Fairspin Blockchain Casino
- Loopring is Surging! Complete LRC Token 2022 Guide
- Cardano Price Prediction – How High can Cardano reach by 2030?
- Everything You Need To Know About The Phantom Wallet
- Here’s Why You Should Add Cosmos To Your Portfolio
- BIGGEST Shiba Inu Prediction: How High can SHiB reach before 2023?
- Can Avax Reach $500 In 2022? Here’s What To Know About Avalanche!
- What is WAX Blockchain? Here Are The Top 5 Games to Play on WAX!
- These Top 4 Cryptocurrencies Have Rallied More Than 500% In The Last 90 Days
You might also like
More from Altcoin
Ethereum is the biggest smart-contract blockchain hosting many ecosystems. Here are 3 reasons why Ethereum will not die and reach …