Pro Bitcoin Congresswoman has been elected to the US Senate. Cynthia Lummis has won the senate race in Wyoming after beating Democratic Merav Ben-David.
Cynthia Lummis bought Bitcoin in 2013
According to a report, Lummis first bought the Bitcoin in 2013 thanks to a gift from her son in law, Will Cole. Cole has worked as the chief product officer at Unchained Capital since December 2019.
Lummis beat Ben-David with 73.1% of the vote. She will be working as a lawmaker over a state that has been holding crypto-friendly institutions. Lummis recently unveiled during the third annual Wyoming Blockchain Stampede that she is a bitcoin hodler. She said :
I bought my first bitcoin in 2013 because I believe in the economic power of scarcity and the potential for bitcoin to address some of the manipulations in our financial system.
Lummis’s long-term support for the cryptocurrency is clearly acknowledged in the state. Caitlin Long, a CEO and a crucial person in Wyoming’s crypto push, openly complimented Lummis on her victory as the first pro-Bitcoin Senator. She tweeted:
According to the report, the state of Wyoming has gained notoriety over the last few years for its perceived efforts to develop the cryptocurrency and blockchain business in the state with beneficial law. Starting in late 2017, the state government has passed various bills to bring new companies and to provide existing ones more open support to work.
- Shiba Inu Price Prediction: How High can SHIB Price reach by 2030?
- US Based First “Crypto Bank” Avanti To Launch In 2021
- SEC On Crypto: Technological Progress Should Not Be Bound By Law
- Shiba Inu to Reach 1$ soon? This New Upcoming Development Proves it Right
- Bitcoin ETF supporting Commissioner Interview With CNBC
- Regulatory pressure finally catches up with cryptocurrencies
- Girl Geek Carrots’s Hack Like A Girl Hackathon
- Top Crypto News of the Week in 5 minutes
- Big News: Ripple Price is about to TRIPLE? This News Confirms…
- India on Blockchain: Future Regulation after the newly elected government
- Tennis Star Wozniacki To Launch Personalised Crypto Token
- Cryptocurrency Exchange Hitbtc suspends services in Japan
- Ripple Price Prediction – How High will XRP Reach in 2025?
- Self-Proclaimed Bitcoin Creator Faces Multi-Billion Dollar Lawsuit
- Bitcoin Rebounds Amid Support from South Korean Regulators
- XRP relisted, Ripple CEO optimistic about the Lawsuit…BUY XRP in 2023?
- 15 Up-and-Coming Bitcoin Bloggers You Need to Watch
- Facebook Speculated to build the ‘Most-Used Product In Crypto
- The U.S. Justice Department to Auction Off More Than $1 Billion in Bitcoin
You might also like
More from Bitcoin News
Big Bitcoin News: Can Bitcoin Price Reach $50,000? Check These Five Reasons
The important question is whether Bitcoin price to reach $50,000 soon or not. Let's take a look at the five …
Bitcoin Price Prediction: Will Bitcoin CRASH to $20,000?
Bitcoin will should have a real crisis for the first time in 2023 from the upcoming regulations. Will Bitcoin crash …
Crypto Analysis: Bitcoin, Ethereum and Cardano Price as of April 21st, 2023
Crypto Analysis: All altcoins in the crypto market crashed. Let's analyze Bitcoin, Ethereum and Cardano prices as of April 21st, …