Well-known crypto exchange FTX announced plans to support some of Solana’s non-fungible tokens through a cryptic tweet. The crypto exchange is one of the most popular centralized trading platforms in the community, showing the growing dominance of NFTs. The platform, which focuses on derivatives and other similar products, has been existing since 2018.
FTX will support some Solana projects, such as Degen Ape academy, Thugbirdz, Solana Monkey Business, Aurora, and a host of others on its cross-chain NFT marketplace. In September, the platform’s CEO, Sam Bankman-Fried, announced FTX’s NFT platform launch, also embedded in FTX.US. The businessman shared this information via Twitter while encouraging interested users to make their own NFTs.
The Growing NFT Economy
Since the start of the year, there has been a lot of new projects surrounding non-fungible tokens. Numerous artists, celebrities, and other known personalities have sold digital collectibles, raising awareness within and outside the digital asset community. The marketplace assured that it would allow minting, buying, and selling of the tokens. Similarly, it asserted that users could take NFTs across the Ethereum and Solana blockchains.
FTX will select non-fungible tokens according to their volume and market capitalization. FTX’s CEO also tweeted that withdrawals and deposits of NFTs will be available for users in the coming weeks. He hinted that users worldwide could use the NFT platform. Bankman-Fried assured that FTX.US would soon support Bored Ape Yacht Club—which is a known NFT. Users may also have access to OpenSea’s digital collectibles through the digital asset platform.
In other news, the Solana ecosystem has similarly been attracting more investors, especially after the Degen Ape Academy’s release. Despite its recent fall from over $200, the coin has managed to stay above $151—a feat it achieved when FTX announced the support for some Solana NFTs.
Why Is This A Game Changer?
Many crypto enthusiasts anticipate more projects centered around non-fungible tokens. NFTs are digital assets, which are usually running on the Ethereum blockchain. While NFTs can be music, artworks, or even tweets, most people are interested in art—leading to an explosion of numerous paintings, drawings, and the likes. FTX‘s latest move shows that other crypto providers are willing to join the digital collectibles industry. So, here are some reasons why the trading giants support for NFTs is a big game-changer:
Pushing growth for NFTs
The creative industry has been booming with the sudden demand for digital collectibles. Some years ago, people focused on fungible tokes such as Bitcoin and Ethereum. However, there is a shift from the norm as individuals now buy unique and artistic works, encouraging larger volumes for marketplaces. With the new demand, many NFT marketplaces create easy-to-use interfaces for users to mint and sell NFTs. As a result, the digital economy is a more complex and attractive medium for wealth generation.
According to FTX, it will support some Solana tokens on its cross-chain marketplace. Cross-chain technology is a fast-growing tech in the crypto community. Presently, most blockchain networks are in isolation; they work independently. Since these networks have unique protocols, it isn’t easy to bridge them. But with this new marketplace, NFT enthusiasts can enjoy blockchain interoperability.
Without interoperability between protocols, networks work within a limited framework. For example, Bitcoin holders cannot purchase NFTs (on the Ethereum blockchain) with BTC. To buy NFTs, they would have to transact using an exchange to make the process straightforward. This emerging technology will revolutionize the cryptocurrency community by allowing protocols to work together.
In conclusion, FTX’s recent move could revolutionize the digital asset economy. Not only for NFTs but also for the growth of cross-chain technology, making blockchain tech more flexible and receptive. The digital asset economy will also record greater wealth generation for NFT creation, primarily because of growing demand.
- XRP Price increase 100%? This Chart confirms a MASSIVE Breakout soon
- Can NFTs Give You Profits In A Bear Market?
- Top Five Undervalued NFT Projects
- LUNA Crash to 1$! Proposal to fix UST is out, will LUNA recover soon?
- Can Artion Compete With OpenSea?
- Top Five Upcoming NFT Sales In May 2022
- How to Buy NFTs on Solanart?
- XRP Price can TRIPLE in the next few weeks if THIS Happens, Here’s Why
- Non-Fungible Token: Are these NFTs underrated? Check Our Top 10 list
- Refinable Crypto is Changing The NFT Sector – Here’s How FINE did it!
- Founder of Terra Arrest – Will LUNA Collapse AGAIN?
- Want to Become a Millionaire with NFT? – Use these Platforms and be Creative!
- What is SuperFarm? The NFT Marketplace
- The Top 5 NFT Marketplaces
- XRP Price Prediction – Can XRP reach 2$ before 2022?
- Top 5 NFT Projects by Market Capitalization in 2022
- Moonbirds NFT Jumped By 1500% In 7 Days! Here’s What To Know!
- XRP Price Prediction – Can Ripple reach 1 $ before 2023?
- Top 5 NFT Marketplaces For 2022
- Are Fractionalized NFTs the NEXT CRAZE? All you Need to Know
- The Ultimate NFT Guide – New to NFTs? START HERE
You might also like
More from NFT
What is Reddit Avatars? How to Buy Reddit Avatar? And most importantly, what is RedditFloor? Let's dive into it.