The year 2022 has come to an end, and Ripple company seems to be closing its lawsuit chapter. After 2 long years, Ripple might finally be able to settle with the SEC. What happened with Ripple and when will Ripple settle the SEC lawsuit?
What is Ripple?
Ripple is a digital currency and payment network. It is based on a shared public database that uses a consensus process between nodes to validate transactions and confirm their accuracy. Ripple is designed to be used by banks and other financial institutions as a way to quickly and securely transfer money between individuals and organizations. Unlike many other cryptocurrencies, which are decentralized and not controlled by any single entity, Ripple is governed by a private, for-profit company called Ripple Labs.
When did the Ripple Lawsuit start?
In December 2020, the SEC complained about Ripple for allegedly selling securities without the required authorization. This statement is certainly quite dubious. To begin with, cryptocurrencies were never thought of as securities and are by their very nature unregulated. Second, there are no clear rules or laws for cryptocurrencies at this time. The idea that Ripple was dealing in unregistered securities is absurd.
Ripple SEC Updates: Will Ripple Settle?
Ripple and the SEC submitted their redacted answers on December 2nd in support of their applications for summary judgment as the conflict approached its last phase. Ripple’s general counsel, Stuart Alderoty, affirmed the firm’s “final filing,” pleading with the court to rule in its favor.
Ripple is happy with the defense it has undertaken on behalf of the whole digital asset market, he added, and he praised it.
Ripple Labs objected to the regulator’s petition for summary judgment at the end of October, saying that it couldn’t establish that holders of XRP coins anticipated gains from the company’s marketing initiatives.
Will XRP Price go up?
If the resolution is truly in sight, we can expect that it’ll have a direct effect on XRP prices. However, traders need to proceed with care as the market might be very volatile. XRP can go all the way up to the area between 50 and 60 cents. On the other hand, pump and dumps might occur, which might cause XRP to crash hard after such news.
Charles Hoskinson, CEO of Cardano, mentioned that he has heard “rumors” that a two-year legal fight between Ripple and the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission might end on December 15. According to Hoskinson, the conclusion of the carefully followed judicial proceeding might have “catastrophic” repercussions for the sector.
Offer from CryptoTicker
Are you looking for a chart analysis tool that doesn’t distract you with community messages and other noise? Check out GoCharting! This is an easy-to-use online charting tool that requires no downloads or prior knowledge.
- Ripple SEC Update: is Ripple winning the Lawsuit?
- Latest updates on Ripple and SEC Lawsuit – Positive Outlook for 2023?
- Why is XRP Price up? SEC Lawsuit Resolution in sight?
- PEPE Coin Price to Reach $5 in the Next Seven Days?
- Ripple Company might Settle with the SEC in 2021
- Ripple wins SEC: First step towards victory, and XRP up?
- XRP Price BOOMS 70%! Will XRP reach 1 $ soon?
- US SEC to Appeal Decision in Ripple Case – Will XRP Crash again?
- XRP relisted, Ripple CEO optimistic about the Lawsuit…BUY XRP in 2023?
- XRP Prediction: LAST CHANCE to Buy XRP below 40 cents!
- Ripple SEC Update: Extension Granted for Unsealing of Hinman Documents
- How High can XRP price reach after Ripple wins the SEC Lawsuit?
- XRP Price Prediction: Can XRP Reach 2$ once the Lawsuit Is Officially Won?
- Ripple Lawsuit Decision SOON – Excessive Optimism or Reality?
- Big News: Ripple Price is about to TRIPLE? This News Confirms…
- Ripple Price Prediction – How High will XRP reach in 2050?
- XRP Prediction: Why XRP Price might EXPLODE in November 2022?
- The Big Ripple Price Prediction for 2023 – How high can the XRP price go in 2023?
- SEC vs. XRP: What Investors Need to Know
- Crypto Basics – What is XRP? Should you Buy Ripple in 2021?
- Is XRP WORTHLESS? 2023 will be Decisive in the Ripple SEC dispute
You might also like
More from Altcoin
What's interesting is the startling similarity between the market patterns of Bitcoin (BTC) and the NASDAQ. Let's delve into this …
Ethereum phone: designed to seamlessly integrate with EVM chains and layer 2s. It created a significant buzz by selling out …
Within a few months of its introduction, Base protocol has accrued a TVL of $185 million. Is Cardano dead?