Dubai’s bank, Emirates NBD plans to reduce cheque frauds by implementing a blockchain technology. ‘Check Chain’ is the name of the project to effectively go live, with the sole point being to reduce check related frauds. Emirates NBD is one of the largest banking groups in the Middle East in terms of assets.
Abdulla Qassem, Group Chief Operating Officer, Emirates NBD said:
“Aligned to the Dubai Blockchain Strategy launched by His Highness Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Crown Prince of Dubai, Emirates NBD is committed to exploring commercial uses for this innovative technology. After a successful pilot phase, we are pleased to roll out Cheque Chain to our customers nationwide, becoming the first bank in the region to offer this service. This initiative will significantly strengthen our risk and security management processes, particularly through the reduction of cheque fraud.”
How will this project work?
According to the NBD official statement, Check Chain empowers a one of a kind QR (Quick Response) code which will be printed on each leaf of recently issued cheque books. This QR code then registers each cheque on the bank’s blockchain platform, guaranteeing that once the cheque is received and cleared under the bank’s ICCS technology, bank staff can approve the check’s credibility and approach its source constantly. In doing as such, this essentially reduces the danger of misrepresentation or fraud. In its first month, the bank registered close to one million leafs using blockchain. It is now exploring the possibility of opening its blockchain platform to collaborate with other UAE financial institutions.
To understand how blockchain will change the banking sector, you first need to understand how it works. The blockchain procedure is extremely simple. To start with, somebody requests an exchange by using cryptocurrency. When they do, PCs, or “hubs,” hop to work preparing the exchange. At the point when the hubs are done, blockchain confirms the exchange, gives it a one of a kind address, finishes it, and spots it as another piece inside the strand of existing squares.
- Shiba Inu Price Prediction: How High can SHIB Price reach by 2030?
- The World Bank President Says Blockchain Has Huge Potential
- Positive signs for Blockchain in the Middle East
- Conservative Cardano Prediction for 2023 – How high can Cardano go?
- Dubai Metaverse Strategy: How will it Affect Cryptos?
- Last Call For Dubai ‐ Updates from the iFX EXPO
- Fintech World Counts Down To iFX EXPO Dubai
- Ripple Price Prediction – How High will XRP reach in 2050?
- Future Blockchain Summit returns to reunite global Blockchain ecosystem as part of only major in-person tech event of 2020
- News from Asia: Bank of China Joins Blockchain
- Crypto Millionaire: Buy THESE Cryptos before they BOOM in 2023?
- J.P. Morgan: Cryptocurrencies Are Here to Stay
- Careem, Blockchain and Dubai: Mudassir Sheikha On The Future
- This Coin gained 1,000% amidst the Crypto Crash…BUT BEWARE!
- Shiba Inu to Reach 1$ soon? This New Upcoming Development Proves it Right
- Goldman Sachs going for Bitcoin trade despite ‘heightened risk’
- Could Blockchain have saved Goldman Sachs’ face?
- XRP Price is about to BOOM if the crypto market recovers! Buy $XRP?
- Crypto Basics – Don’t know What Bitcoin crypto is? Here’s a Complete Guide
- Crypto 101: What is Bitcoin and how can you get paid with it?
- Blockchain could revolutionize India’s $80 bln remittance industry
You might also like
More from Blockchain
The crypto market is moving higher! Based on current market trends and expert analysis, here are the top 3 altcoins …
Can Shiba Inu reach $1 in 2023? What are some conservative predictions for Shiba Inu? Let's analyze, without hype!