The Decentralized Finance (DeFi) world has been all over the news in 2021 and touched an evaluated value of over USD 11 Billion LOCKED in the DeFi lending market only. Many have already noticed high-interest rates on DeFi platforms announced for various cryptocurrencies. This post is all about one promising cryptocurrency called Kadena coin (KDA). Let’s take a look at it in more detail.
Kadena (KDA) : What is Kadena Coin?
KDA is a cryptocurrency. The unique thing about this crypto is that is utilized to compensate for computing power on the Kadena public chain. This works just like how ETH works on Ethereum. The KDA on Kadena is how miners are paid for mining blocks on the chain. KDA is that transaction fee that users spend or pay to own their transactions involved in a block.
In other words, Kadena is a public blockchain. Its purpose is to work for scalability and highlights a unique smart contract style, called Pact. This Pact contains approved confirmation and upgradeable smart contracts. Kadena also utilizes a unique Proof-of-Work (PoW) consensus mechanism named Chainweb. This Chainweb is made up of various exclusively mined chains running in parallel to achieve network transactions. This outline maintains a high-transaction throughput at the base-layer without the requirement for any second-layer scalability solutions.
Kadena has also created a separate blockchain that uses its unrestricted smart contract platform. The private blockchain is described as Kadena Kuro (previously ScalableBFT). It utilizes a Byzantine Fault Tolerant (BFT) consensus mechanism. After 2018, Kadena Kuro has been utilized by the healthcare world to assist in decreasing the energy needed to accumulate and manage insurance provider data. This blockchain can be utilized just like a side-chain with an unrestricted blockchain network (such as Kadena’s public platform) to advance the transaction speed and methods and build new marketplaces for data.
Kadena Coin (KDA) Price Increased by almost +650%: What’s The Reason?
In the last month, the Kadena coin price has increased by almost +650%. What could be the reason behind this price rally? There are multiple reasons behind this price rally. The first one is the new staking opportunities in the DeFi sector or the migration to the Ethereum network. As mentioned earlier, the Kadena (KDA) is a scalable protocol that is still running on the traditional proof-of-work design. According to its whitepaper, the network can process up to 480,000 transactions per second.
The second reason behind this price rally is the launch of wKDA. The Kadena has just launched a wrapped variant of its token named wKDA. This wKDA runs on the Ethereum network and enables it to communicate with all EVM-friendly decentralized finance contracts.
— Kadena (@kadena_io) November 6, 2021
As mentioned in the above tweet, the KDA team is also planning to combine cross-chain assistance for other blockchain protocols like Terra, Polkadot, Celo, and Cosmos. This could be one of the main reasons behind the massive KDA price rally.
Apart from this, KDA has also added the NFT to display the smart contract capability to accomplish high-demand objects while maintaining low fees.
UFO will utilize Kadena’s unique features from our scalable layer 1 #PoW #blockchain & Pact, our safest smart contract, to create the next generation #blockchain gaming experience!https://t.co/itO3QF3Xet pic.twitter.com/Rx1IgZQdX4
— Kadena (@kadena_io) October 29, 2021
The KDA project has also been listed by various cryptocurrency exchanges such as Crypto.com and CoinMetro offering KDA staking.
What’s So Special about Kadena Coin (KDA)?
According to its whitepaper, the total supply of KDA is planned at 1 billion tokens to be mined in the next 120 years. Kadena has outlined a token business practice that reflects the incentives of all members. As Kadena is a public blockchain platform, the major allotment of coins is issued via mining. The following image is displaying the KDA token allocation.
At the time of writing this, the KDA price is sitting at $17.15. The following points are highlighting the key features of Kadena:
- Kadena has various features. It has speed, the decentralization property just like BTC, smart Contract capacities of Ethereum, and the low fee.
- As mentioned earlier, the KDA can manage 480,000+ transactions per second (TPS) and has extremely low gas fees.
- Several networks run on a single chain, but Kadena runs on Chainweb. This increases throughput w/o expecting any more power because the hash rate is divided equally. At the time of writing this, there are 20 chains, but more can be attached. Check this video.
- The block times/chain for Kadena is 30 seconds, but as mentioned earlier, 20 chains are operating in parallel, so the network block period is 1.5 sec. After scaling 50+ chains, the block period will fall to sub-1 second.
Right now, the investment in Kadena could be profitable in the next few weeks and months. The only thing to identify here is that the investment in KDA should be a long-term investment. The bull market is in full action and could develop as it did at the end of 2017 when we noticed big changes. KDA’s monthly ROI (Return On Investment) is almost +650% while its 3 months ROI is almost +2800%. The reason the long-term investment is crucial is that the yearly ROI is almost +7600% and this is huge.
- Kadena Price Prediction – Will KDA Price Hit $10 Soon?
- Top 5 Cryptocurrencies of the Week -(Week 46)
- Top 5 Worst Performing Cryptos – Week 11
- Shiba Inu Price Prediction: How High can SHIB Price reach by 2030?
- Top 5 Cryptocurrencies of the Week -(Week 45)
- These Three Cryptocurrencies Made people Rich in October 2021
- DeFi Approaches $6.5 Billion TVL! Here Are The Top 5 Emerging Protocols
- XRP Price can TRIPLE in the next few weeks if THIS Happens, Here’s Why
- What Is Klaytn (KLAY)? Is There A Big Profit in Klaytn?
- What Is Algorand Crypto ALGO?
- Ethereum Crosses $3800 As Metrics Suggest That Run Is Far From Over
- Top 5 Ethereum Layer 2 Projects For Lucrative Investments in 2022
- Ethereum to RAY: 4 of the Top Cryptocurrencies to Invest in Now
- Cardano Price Prediction – How High can Cardano reach by 2030?
- Ethereum Layer 2 Scaling Solution SKALE Network To Launch On June 30
You might also like
More from Altcoin
Exactly how high can Cardano go? Can Cardano reach $5 in 2023? Let's conservatively analyze in this Cardano price prediction …