Chainlink announced on Jul 25 that they have partnered with Center Prime blockchain to access and integrate forex data from four major Korean banks (Hana Bank, Shinhan Bank, Nonghyup Bank and Industrial Bank of Korea) to enhance Decentralized Finance (DeFi) functionality on the platform and bridge its gaps with Centralized Finance (CeFi).
This integration with Chainlink will be a major boost for the Korean fintech industry and DeFi, since projects will be able to access high-quality secure and reliable data from major Korean banks, denominated in Korean Won (KRW). According to the press release, Center Prime found Chainlink to be the best choice, because of its industry leading expertise and highly secure modular infrastructure that is best suited for this purpose.
Top Korean banks: Hana Bank, Shinhan Bank, Nonghyup Bank, and Industrial Bank of Korea select #Chainlink and CenterPrime to bring their forex data on-chain, transforming the capabilities of open banking services, fintech and #DeFi. https://t.co/sMS24ppb1G— Chainlink – Official Channel (@chainlink) July 25, 2020
The data will be shared initially on the Ethereum blockchain, but can be made available on other blockchains. The forex data provided would be KRW/USD, KRW/EUR, and KRW/CNY etc. which Center Prime would relay to the Korean Fintech industry and other DeFi projects through Chainlink’s proprietary decentralized data oracles.
Chainlink is a decentralized data oracles service, which connects smart contracts to off-chain real world events information. The oracles are secure, resistant to manipulation and thus reliable. The main product Chainlink price reference contracts consists of 30 DeFi price feeds, on the Ethereum network, each consisting of 7 to 21 secure, independent Sybil resistant nodes, sourcing data from a high quality aggregator.
- Shiba Inu Price Prediction: How High can SHIB Price reach by 2030?
- Chainlink And FLETA Partner To Advance Medical Blockchain Applications
- Binance Smart Chain Integrates Chainlink Oracles Before Deployment
- Shiba Inu Price Prediction: Can SHIB Price reach $3 in 2023?
- Chainlink Partners With Chinese State’s BSN To Bring Oracle Functionality
- Deutsche Telekom’s T-Systems Becomes Chainlink Node Operator
- Chainlink And CurioInvest Partner To Power Accurate Valuations For Car Collectibles
- FACT: Will Shiba Inu Coin reach $1 during the next Bullrun?
- Huobi Exchange To Run Chainlink Node To Bolster DeFi Ecosystem
- Chainlink To Supply Bullionix With Accurate Gold Price XAU/USD Feed
- XRP Price can TRIPLE in the next few weeks if THIS Happens, Here’s Why
- Revolution Populi Integrates Chainlink Oracles To Power Decentralized Social Media
- Bamboo Relay Integrates Chainlink Enabling DEX Stop-Loss Function
- Ontology Partners With Chainlink To Enhance Data Management And Security
- Shiba Inu Price Prediction: SHIB is Set To Explode?
- Gelato Network Integrates Chainlink To Power Ethereum Smart Contract Bots
- Zeus Capital Releases Statement About The Authenticity Of Chainlink FUD Report
- Can Shiba Inu Price Reach 10 Cents?
- Chainlink News Ticker – CryptoTicker
You might also like
More from Altcoin
Cardano is expected to boom in 2023. Can Cardano reach 1$ soon? Let's analyze in this Cardano price prediction article. …
How high can Ethereum reach? Before March 2023, will ETH reach $3,000? Let's go into an Ethereum analysis in this …