This Monday marked a momentous milestone for the crypto community. However, it showed a significant drop in the value of a wide range of cryptocurrencies. Even some altcoins that had led the rises in recent weeks, such as Cardano have fallen considerably. Business Insider spoke to 5 cryptocurrency trading experts to understand what’s going to happen next in the crypto market and why some cryptocurrencies have managed to avoid the massacre of the Bitcoin Crash.
The Main Reasons of the Massive Sell-off
From the time El Salvador announced that it would make Bitcoin legal tender, bitcoin rose about 52%, to around €45,000.
At Genesis Trading, hedge fund and high net worth clients are increasingly using options to protect against these types of market moves. In particular, they saw put spreads as an attractive way to buy protection against short-term dips like this one.
Meanwhile, Seth Ginns, director of liquid investments at Coinfund, says investors have not been deterred by the drop and see it as healthy. According to him, it takes a little bit of volatility to drive the big upside returns we see in cryptocurrencies.
Why has Solana outperformed?
While most cryptocurrencies experienced significant volatility, the Solana token rose 418% and on the day El Salvador began its new financial journey it rose nearly 40%. Solana is seen as an “ethereum killer” as it is a layer one blockchain that attempts to solve some of the problems facing the ethereum blockchain, such as slow speeds and high gas rates.
Solana is bidding to be the third-largest mega-cap institutional asset, after bitcoin and ethereum. We are hearing about a large and steady institutional supply, as it is among the most attractive blockchains for applications at the intersection of traditional finance and DeFi.
Bitcoin Crash: What’s going to happen in the Crypto Market?
Some experts think that the market downturn was necessary because the industry because it will recover from this week’s decline and continue to move forward. With the re-rating of many altcoins, they expect another upward move.
The rise in Ethereum’s price through recent volatility is leading to further buyback of the token, which should drive the price higher. The scale of the fear and greed index indicates that we are in a fear stage. As a consequence, this will lead to the alternative season coming to an end with a lot of people selling out of fear.
- PEPE Coin Price to Reach $5 in the Next Seven Days?
- Cryptos 2022: Present and Future Unearthed
- Crypto Crash and Bitcoin remains at $43.000…What’s Next?
- Shiba Inu Price Prediction: How High can SHIB Price reach by 2030?
- Tether El Salvador Plan – Anatomy Of A Commercial Paper
- Top 5 WORST Cryptos of February 2022
- New Zealand Crypto Exchange Cryptopia Hacked
- This COUNTRY is running on Bitcoin – Bitcoin El Salvador Success Story
- Tether Plans to Invest $500M in Bitcoin Mining
- Bitcoin prices reach a roadblock of USD 19,000 – What does this mean for Altcoins?
- Chivo Wallet – An Overview Of El Salvador’s $30 Bitcoin Airdrop Plan
- El Salvador Likely The First Country To Declare Bitcoin As Legal Tender
- Crypto Market Recap for Q1 2022 – What happened to Cryptos?
- Ethereum Price Forecast 2023: 5 Reasons ETH Could Hit $3000 in 2023
- AMP: a very promising cryptocurrency
- Crypto Bullrun: Further $3 Trillion Increase as Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Altcoins Ignite Price Boom
- Bitcoin Mining: A Surge in Activity and Investment
- Will 2022 Be a Bear Market For Crypto?
- SOL Price Prediction: Can SOL reach $70 before November ends?
- Why is the Crypto Market Crashing? BTC, ETH, XRP, SOL, ADA Analysis
- Phantom Supports Bitcoin, Ordinals, and BRC-20 Tokens
You might also like
More from Education
Exploring investment options like exchange-traded funds (ETFs) and Exchange Traded Commodities (ETCs) can be a smart move. Let's take …