Steve Wozniak, an American inventor, programmer, philanthropist, and technology entrepreneur who co-founded Apple is all set to get involved in crypto startup blockchain project. Often called by the nickname Woz, Steve was responsible for the design and development of the Apple I in the year 1976. In 1976, Wozniak created the computer that made him popular. He alone designed the hardware, circuit board designs, and operating system for the Apple I. Wozniak first offered the design to HP, but was rejected by the company. On April 1, 1976, Jobs and Wozniak formed Apple Computer (now known as Apple Inc.) along with Ronald Wayne.
At the ChainXchange conference, Steve Wozniak disclosed in an interview that he is planning to get involved in a blockchain startup, reported NullTX.
He said that,
I’m involved with, very soon, my first time being involved in a blockchain company. [It’s] called Equi… Our approach is not like a new currency, or something phony where an event will make it go up in value. It’s a share of stock, in a company. This company is doing investment by investors with huge track records in good investments in things like apartment buildings in Dubai. We have one person in our group who has listed out a whole apartment building for Bitcoin.
This is not the first time Wozniak has been vocally positive about cryptocurrency. At the WeAreDevelopers tech conference in Vienna in the month of May, Steve Wozniak compared Ethereum’s platform with Apple and said it could become just as influential as Apple in the world. He also said that the blockchain is going to be the next major IT revolution that is about to happen.
He had said that when Apple was started then Apple 2 computer was a platform and all the documentation were open source documents. People were able to read how to develop parts and how to develop software, how to modify the softwares. It was a platform for others, so thousands of companies started up. Sometimes high school kids started their own company, and then they’d put up little ads in little electronic journals. Everybody in the world was advertising for Apple and we didn’t have to. So platforms is how the world can grow by opening up to millions of other smart people.
Apple co-founder further said about blockchain,
At first I kept hearing [about blockchain], and I didn’t understand it. It’s not something you understand in a day. It’s so independent! It’s kind of like the internet when it was brand new… I was amazed at the technology behind it. People start up companies that do other things in life. I’ve encountered people working in real estate avenues, types of Uber systems, everything we’ve got in our life, especially involving transactions – retail sales, car sales, manufacturing of goods… working on Bitcoin applications… and they all have value. Every single one you hear about, to me, has value…. A few people can see the value, which reminds me very much of the early internet days.
Steve Wozniak was early investors in Bitcoin and Ethereum in its early days, although he stopped investing in crypto in early 2018. He also explained that Ethereum and bitcoin are two great things. According to him, the use of Ethereum is just like Apple, with thousands of companies creating and developing their own applications on the platform. Ethereum gives the platform and tools for a blockchain application of your own and more and more people are using Ethereum platform to create various applications. He also stated that Bitcoin is still digital gold.
The Apple co-founder is still part of the technology world and has founded coding academy Woz University that has 31 coding centers across the US. According to Steve, mathematics is like nature and Bitcoin caught his attention because of its unusual aspects. No one knows the real creator of Bitcoin and it doesn’t have any centralized factor. It is based on mathematics and there’s a certain number of Bitcoin that can ever exist. According to him, it is much better than human beings and he believes those things of nature more than what man makes up. Man makes up currencies, controls them, issues new US dollars every year; Bitcoin was immune to that.
- Shiba Inu Price Prediction: How High can SHIB Price reach by 2030?
- Week In Review: FTC Warns About Bitcoin Blackmail Scam, SEC Rejects Three Bitcoin ETF Proposals, Steve Wozniak In Crypto Startup
- All about The B Word Conference
- PEPE Coin Price to Reach $5 in the Next Seven Days?
- Is Steve Jobs Satoshi Nakamoto? The Tale UNVEILS!
- Cryptocurrency Thieves: Virtual Riches, Real Violence
- Is Apollo (APL) a Massive Scam?
- Ex-Trump Advisor Steve Bannon Is Building a Cryptocurrency
- String of Cryptocurrency Crimes raises concerns amongst investors
- Cryptonomics: Hyperbitcoinization and global Bitcoin dominance
- Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey Supports Bitcoin to Monopolize Cryptocurrency World
- Warren Buffet Hates Crypto! Here’s All He Said To Dip Crypto Prices!
- What does Apple Card mean for cryptocurrencies?
- Justin Sun Supports FCoin Scam, What You Need To Know About It
- From opponent of Cryptocurrency to an ambitious investor?
- ChangeNOW Organizes “Ask Me Anything” With Satoshi Nakamoto
- John McAfee didn’t do taxes for 8 years
- AZHOS CEO and CO-founder Marcel Kuhs on Supply Chain Automation, STOs and John McAfee
- Belgium Warns of 19 Probable Fraudulent Cryptocurrency Exchanges