- The firm behind the Final Fantasy brand has asserted that blockchain games will be a key focus of its long-term strategy.
- Square Enix is unbothered by the crypto bearish trend or gamer outcry and is making preparations for various blockchain-powered gameplay.
Despite the stormy weather in the cryptocurrency world, Final Fantasy maker Square Enix is positioned to focus on blockchain-making games, based on a Jan. 1 note from the Japanese chairman of the company, Yosuke Matsuda.
Blockchain Gaming: The Primary Focus
The letter, captioned “A New Year’s Letter from the President,” tried to sum up the company’s significant accomplishments in 2022 and illustrate its action plan for 2023. Seven of the 15 passages were all about blockchain gaming, implying that blockchain gaming will be a key focus of the firm’s active investment future investment strategy.
Matsuda’s letter stresses the rising popularity of the phrase Web3, which he defines as “a clearly entrenched talking point among entrepreneurs.” Even so, he also acknowledges business challenges that surfaced in 2022, such as the November breakdown of cryptocurrency exchange FTX and the resultant industry spillover effects.
Matsuda aimed to make perception of the crypto market’s downturn after summing up its peaks and valleys in 2021 and 2022. As per him, technological advances cause similar “ambiguity” but eventually acknowledged as a regular part of everyday life. So, even if there is chaos in the cryptocurrency world, investors should not be hold off by it.
Square Enix and the blockchain gaming are made for each other?
In September 2022, Square Enix became an Oasys blockchain node validator. Throughout 2022, Square Enix has made a number of steps in the blockchain gaming area. It revealed in July that it would be planning to release Final Fantasy collectibles on the Enjin launch pad. It became a node validator on the Oasys blockchain in September. Square Enix made an investment of 7 billion yen ($52.7 million) in mobile gaming company Gumi Games in December to help with the creation of mobile play-to-earn games.
Despite the chaos of 2022, the firm’s recent letter appears to suggest that it has no intentions to decrease its investment opportunities in the space in 2023.
Offer from CryptoTicker
Are you looking for a chart analysis tool that doesn’t distract you with community messages and other noise? Check out GoCharting! This is an easy-to-use online charting tool that requires no downloads or prior knowledge.
- Ripple Price Prediction – How High will XRP reach in 2050?
- Top 3 Metaverse Games for 2023 – Don’t Miss OUT!
- Top 10 Meme Coins That Could Skyrocket In 2023
- Shiba Inu Price Prediction: How High can SHIB Price reach by 2030?
- 2022 – A Year in Review: The Top 5 Crypto Stories That Shook The Entire Crypto Market
- Sorare to Launch the First NFT-based Fantasy Basketball Game with NBA
- Shiba Inu Price Prediction: SHIB is Set To Explode?
- Top 5 Metaverse Projects to Watch in 2023
- What is Merit Circle? Will It be Wise To Invest in this Project?
- Shiba Inu to Reach 1$ soon? This New Upcoming Development Proves it Right
- XRP Price can TRIPLE in the next few weeks if THIS Happens, Here’s Why
- Top 10 NFT Games To Watch Out For in 2023
- 2018 Blockchain Summit London Highlights
- Square’s Bitcoin Revenue Grows By 1100% In Q3
- Top 3 FIFA Tokens: Which Crypto will Benefit BIG from the 2022 World Cup?
- Shiba Inu Price Prediction: Can SHIB Price reach $3 in 2023?
- How to Become Rich in 2023 Using Cryptocurrencies?