Coinbase team recently published a blog post titled Coinbase Protocol Team Advances Crypto Community and announced that they will integrate the Ethereum L2 scaling solutions soon on Aug 27. Ethereum scaling efforts have been gaining steam lately with the major teams releasing products lately, including Arbitrum and Optimism. However, since Polygon is currently ready, it would become the first scaling solution to get support from Coinbase for direct deposits/withdrawals.
This would be a great boost for Coinbase and Ethereum L2 solutions as the adoption and demand would likely pick up for both. It’s a win-win situation for both parties as they can synergistically benefit from each other. The users who are out because of Ethereum fees will be able to transact on the network again while enjoying the security guarantees of the base layer.
According to the blog post, the solutions being considered for integration, apart from Polygon are Optimism, Arbitrum and Starkware. The Coinbase integration is highly useful in the sense that users wouldn’t even have to make a single tx on the base layer, which would be still pricey. They can simply buy Ether and Ethereum based tokens on Coinbase and get them to directly withdraw to Ethereum L2 scaling solution. By then, the ecosystem around L2 solutions would have developed in such a manner that there wouldn’t much need to move the tokens back to the base layer.
An important component of the crypto-world, Coinbase is the premier fiat-on-ramp and digital currency exchange. It allows people to buy cryptocurrencies using FIAT or traditional money and also helps to liquidate crypto-assets back to it. It also features a secure exchange where users can trade crypto-assets. The service further features a wallet, where users can store cryptocurrencies and analyze data related to price/portfolio worth.
About L2 Scaling Solutions
The Layer 2 scaling solutions are decentralized protocols that increase the processing capacity of a blockchain (hence scaling) and as a result, relieve congestion on the network. They work by delegating the network processing “off-chain” to their own chain, processing it there, before settling the final balances on the base layer mainnet. It’s extremely necessary that big exchanges like Coinbase, Binance, etc. integrate them, so average users can benefit from increased throughput and more capacity on blockchains.
- Conservative Prediction: Can XRP reach $5 in 2023?
- Ethereum Layer 2 Solutions – How Much Does It Take to Transact?
- Ethereum Scalability New Era Begins As OKEx Integrates Arbitrum L2
- Big News: Ripple Price is about to TRIPLE? This News Confirms…
- 1inch Joins The Ethereum L2 Through Optimism Onboarding
- Top 5 Ethereum Layer 2 Projects For Lucrative Investments in 2022
- Ethereum Fees High? How To Go Polygon Matic For Gasless Transfers And QuickSwap DEX Trading
- Ripple Price Prediction – How High will XRP reach in 2050?
- Arbitrum Overtakes The Lightning Network By 23X Crossing $2.6B TVL In 3 Weeks
- Reddit Goes Arbitrum L2 To Scale Community Points Program
- Crypto Millionaire: Buy THESE Cryptos before they BOOM in 2023?
- Arbitrum One Beta Publicly Launches To Bolster Ethereum Scaling
- What is Arbitrum? : Everything You Need To Know About Arbitrum Airdrop
- How To Use Ethereum Scaling Arbitrum Bridge To Escape High Fees
- Shiba Inu Price Prediction: How High can SHIB Price reach by 2030?
- Ethereum Crosses ATH! Upcoming Insane Run to $10,000 And Beyond
- Ethereum Scaling Layer 2s Initial Deployment Has Succeeded
- Can Shiba Inu Price Reach 10 Cents?
- Quickswap – Ethereum Killer’s Killer?
- Ethereum L2 Optimism Launch Draws Near As a16z Announces Major Investment
- Ethereum Fan? Bitcoin Maximalist Jack Dorsey Promotes Valuables In Latest Tweet!
You might also like
More from Blockchain Companies
Bitcoin Price EXPLODES as US Banks risk liquidity crunch…BTC 30K?
Since a new bank bailout in the US could be imminent, crypto prices are exploding. Why is Bitcoin up? Will …
Will USDC Crash? USD Coin trading at a 10% Discount!
Many crypto companies took a hit as Silvergate and Silicon Valley Bank halt operations.. Will USDC crash? What are the …
Investing in the Next Big Thing: The Best Crypto VCs of 2023
A list of the best crypto VCs firms of 2023. This post will provide you with valuable insights into these …