Coinbase has shared plans for expanded coin support, and is now finalizing additions of Ethereum Classic (ETC), and British Pound support for UK users.
ETC GBP Coinbase Integration
Coinbase is an industry leader of cryptocurrency exchanges by user numbers and trading data, but more importantly the organization holds tightly to maintaining regulatory compliance. Because of this, their currency diversity does not match that of other exchanges. CEO Brian Armstrong has been outspoken about the growing cryptocurrency industry.
Starting today Coinbase will take on only ETC inbound transfers for 24 to 48 hours to Coinbase Pro and Coinbase Prime before their other exchange platforms. Last week Coinbase officially began accepting GBP same-day or near instant deposits and withdrawals in some areas of the UK. Integration will be an ongoing process to ensure proper functionality and regulatory compliance.
Other Coin Additions
Last month Coinbase shared that they were working on the addition of Cardano (ADA), Basic Attention Token (BAT), Stellar Lumens (XLM), Zcash (ZEC), and 0x (ZRX).
The stages of integration are made to guarantee a minimum level of liquidity. Within two weeks, ETC will be made available on the standard platform, Coinbase Consumers.
Coinbase is also doing extra work to maintain a fair approach. Customers who held their ETH balance through Ethereum’s hard fork that created ETC in 2016 will receive their corresponding balance of ETC into their new Coinbase ETC wallet.
UK customers will gain access to GBP support over the course of August depending on their location. Coinbase has joined the UK movement to increase financial efficiency as well. Faster Payments Scheme was created in the early 2000s by Santander, Barclays, Citi, and many of the many other prominent financial institutions in Europe.
The primary objective was to reduce the usual three day confirmation time for transactions between financial institutions and businesses. The new payment channel was implemented in 2008, providing much more efficient bank transfers to residents – generally one day.
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Steemit, and join our Telegram channel for the latest blockchain and cryptocurrency news.
- Shiba Inu Price Prediction: How High can SHIB Price reach by 2030?
- Kraken in Review – For whom is the popular exchange really suitable?
- The Top Crypto Exchanges to Consider in 2023
- Shiba Inu to Reach 1$ soon? This New Upcoming Development Proves it Right
- Can the Wirecard scandal be repeated with cryptocurrencies? Bitcoins in danger?
- Coinbase Launches Crypto-To-Crypto Conversion Service
- Crypto Market: ZEON Jumps 673%, NavCoin DAO, LINK RSI/TokenSets etc.
- Can Shiba Inu Price Reach 10 Cents?
- Metropolitan Bank Stops All International Cryptocurrency-Related Wire Transfers (Updated)
- Top 5 Fiat Currencies That Compete With Bitcoin
- Big News: Ripple Price is about to TRIPLE? This News Confirms…
- Top 3 Stablecoins in 2022: Your Key To Success?
- MoneyGram Looking to Digital Assets
- You can now buy Bitcoin with your credit card: Binance
- Coinbase Pro Adds Ripple XRP
- XRP relisted, Ripple CEO optimistic about the Lawsuit…BUY XRP in 2023?
- Crypto Exchanges to Face Their Biggest Regulatory Hurdle So Far
- Rising Institutional Investment Setting Pace For Future Crypto Growth
- Crypto exchanges come together for G20 discussion with regulators
You might also like
More from Cryptocurrency Exchanges
Crypto Safety 2023: How to Protect Your Crypto Investments
While some investors made substantial profits from crypto investing, others lost significantly. Let's dig into this Crypto Safety 2023 guide. …
The SEC Strikes Back: Will Crypto Exchanges Survive the Crackdown?
While cases against altcoins such as XRP Coin are still pending, the SEC is targeting cryptocurrency exchanges.
Binance and CEO Changpeng Zhao Hit with CFTC Charges for Operating Illegal Crypto Derivatives Platform
The Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) has announced a civil enforcement action against Binance and its CEO, Changpeng Zhao.