In the world of decentralized finance and cryptocurrency, protocols and platforms are continuously evolving to provide enhanced security, scalability, and interoperability. Coinbase, one of the leading cryptocurrency exchanges globally, has recently introduced a Layer2 protocol known as BASE protocol. This article aims to shed light on what BASE is, the concept of Layer 1 and Layer 2 solutions, and how to engage with BASE.
- 1 Understanding Layer 1 and Layer 2 Solutions
- 2 What is BASE Protocol?
- 3 BASE Tutorial: How to Get Started with BASE
- 4 Conclusion
Understanding Layer 1 and Layer 2 Solutions
Before diving into the specifics of BASE, let’s take a moment to understand the concepts of Layer 1 and Layer 2 solutions.
What is Layer 1 Protocol?
Layer 1 refers to the underlying main blockchain architecture. In the context of Ethereum, Layer 1 represents the Ethereum mainnet itself where all the transactions are processed and validated by the network’s nodes. Layer 1 solutions aim to improve the scalability of the blockchain, but these improvements are limited as they require significant changes to the blockchain itself.
What is Layer 2 Protocol?
Layer 2 solutions are secondary frameworks or protocols built on top of the existing blockchain (Layer 1). They are designed to handle transactions off-chain, thus enhancing the speed and scalability of the network without congesting the main blockchain. Examples of Layer 2 solutions include the Lightning Network for Bitcoin and Optimism for Ethereum.
What is BASE Protocol?
BASE is a Layer 2 protocol launched by Coinbase to address the issues of scalability and transaction fees on Ethereum. BASE allows users to interact with Ethereum’s underlying technology at a fraction of the cost by taking transactions off the main chain, thereby relieving congestion and providing faster and more cost-effective operations.
As with any high-reward opportunity, BASE carries its own set of risks. It’s crucial to remember that engaging with Layer 2 solutions like BASE entails a high level of risk. As an individual investor, it’s essential to do your research and be aware of the risks involved before diving in.
BASE Tutorial: How to Get Started with BASE
To begin using the BASE protocol, one needs to bridge Ethereum (ETH) to the BASE network. The bridging process involves sending ETH to a specific address. After approximately five minutes, the ETH will be on the BASE network.
Please use the address mentioned below to bridge your ETH:
Note: It’s important to verify this address before initiating any transactions.
How to add BASE RPC to Metamask
Metamask, a popular Ethereum wallet, can be configured to interact with the BASE network. You can add the BASE Remote Procedure Call (RPC) to your Metamask by clicking here.
What is BASE Explorer BaseScan?
Much like Etherscan for Ethereum, BaseScan serves as the block explorer for BASE. You can view transactions, addresses, and other network activities on the BASE network via BaseScan.
How to Monitor BASE Listings
To keep an eye on every new listing on the BASE network, a bot is available which you can add by following this link.
Bridging Back from BASE
Bridging assets back from BASE to Ethereum is still a relatively new process. An experimental option currently exists, but it hasn’t been widely tested yet. Here is the link to the experimental bridge: okok.network
Note: Please proceed with caution when bridging assets back to Ethereum from BASE.
BASE is an innovative Layer 2 solution introduced by Coinbase to address the growing demand for scalable blockchain solutions. While it offers potential for lower transaction costs and higher transaction speeds, it’s essential to understand the risks involved before diving into any Layer 2 solution.
- Shiba Inu Price Prediction: How High can SHIB Price reach by 2030?
- How to Setup RPC on Metamask – Easy Guide
- Ethereum Fees High? How To Go Polygon Matic For Gasless Transfers And QuickSwap DEX Trading
- PEPE Coin Price to Reach $5 in the Next Seven Days?
- How To Add Polygon (Matic Network) to Metamask?
- How To Stake Aavegotchi GHST Tokens On Polygon (Matic Network) L2 Gas-Free!
- How to add Fantom to MetaMask?
- How to Bridge Assets from Ethereum mainnet to zkSync Era?
- A Comprehensive Guide: How to bridge ETH to Arbitrum and start using the platform?
- Optimism Airdrop Confirmed – Here’s how to Claim OP Tokens for free
- Arbitrum Overtakes The Lightning Network By 23X Crossing $2.6B TVL In 3 Weeks
- All you need to know about Polygon (Matic Network)
- How High will MATIC Price Go? MATIC 3 $ soon enough?
- Ethereum Fork ETHPoW: How to Add ETHW to MetaMask? The Complete Guide
- How to Add Binance Smart Chain to Metamask?
- What is Aavegotchi? How do you play Aavegotchi? Full Guide
- Get Started with zkSync Era for Layer 2 Transactions
- What is Pangolin Cryptocurrency? Check This Complete Guide
- Avalanche Update: Will Avalanche Subnets Solve The Biggest Problem of RPCs in the GameFi and Play2Earn Blockchain Sector?
- How to add Avalance (AVAX) to MetaMask?
- Uniswap v3 L2 Integration – How To Trade On The Ethereum Scaling Optimism
You might also like
More from Blockchain
Cardano price prediction: Sam Altman outsted from OpenAI, but speculations have risen of a potential collaboration. Can ADA reach 1$?
The digital currency WLD experienced a dramatic price drop following the unexpected dismissal of OpenAI's CEO, Sam Altman.