The cryptocurrency market has been under consolidation since its peak on December 1 reaching a market capitalization of $590 billion. Since then, Bitcoin has lost around 10% of its value in what is considered to be a healthy pullback or correction of the uptrend.
Bitcoin bulls remain strong despite the recent sell-off as on-chain metrics turn in their favor and large institutional investors continue jumping into the market.
MicroStrategy announced on Friday that it raised around $650 million to buy Bitcoin. The company sold convertible senior notes at a rate of 0.75% due in 2025, stating:
MicroStrategy intends to invest the net proceeds from the sale of the notes in bitcoin in accordance with its Treasury Reserve Policy pending identification of working capital needs and other general corporate purposes
The company already shocked the cryptocurrency market earlier this year when it announced that most of its balance sheet will become Bitcoin.
Additionally, one of the most prominent Bitcoin haters, DBS Bank, announced the launch of a cryptocurrency exchange. Back in 2017, the bank condemned Bitcoin as a Ponzi scheme but has recently changed its stance and plans to launch an exchange supporting Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies as well as fiat.
Bitcoin Price Analysis: Bulls back in control over short-term
After a mild sell-off, it seems that Bitcoin bulls are back in control and have defended a critical support level on the daily chart in the form of the 26-EMA. The current Bitcoin price at $18,375 is on the verge of climbing above the 12-EMA.
If Bitcoin can regain this last moving average as a support level, the odds of cracking $20,000 will greatly increase. Trading volume has been decreasing significantly which indicates a potential big move is underway.
On the 4-hour chart, bulls have finally pushed Bitcoin price above the 12-EMA and the 26-EMA which are now headed into a bullish cross. The 4-hour downtrend is still in place as bulls need to establish a higher low compared to $17,572 and a higher high above $18,639 to confirm an uptrend.
The MACD has turned bullish again indicating that the upwards movement is strong. Bulls need to hold the 26-EMA if they want to establish an uptrend within the next 24 hours. Otherwise, they will need to create a higher low and then eventually a higher high but will take longer.
- Shiba Inu Price Prediction: How High can SHIB Price reach by 2030?
- Dash Price Analysis: Major Resistance Rejection But Uptrend Remains
- YFI Price Poised For A Steeper Correction After Bearish Breakout
- PEPE Coin Price to Reach $5 in the Next Seven Days?
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Price Showing No Improvements
- Newscrypto Coin (NWC) Price Could Be On The Verge of a Massive Surge
- Yearn.Finance Price Prediction: YFI Turns Bearish, Targets $18,000
- SP500 Forecast: Strong Open After U.S. Trillion-Dollar Stimulus Rumors
- Bitcoin Faces Healthy Consolidation, Can The Bulls Pick Up Momentum Again?
- Ethereum Price Prediction: ETH blows up and aims for $2,000 as Reddit partners with Ethereum
- Ethereum Price Hovering $170, Bull Break Soon?
- XRP Price Could Slide Lower In The Short-Term
- EOS Price Analysis – Price Drops 3% Below Crucial Levels
- Yearn.Finance Price Prediction: YFI sees 140% price explosion in two days
- Top 3 Price Prediction Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple: Crypto market consolidates as BTC hits $30,000
- Ripple Price Prediction: XRP Downtrend Continues
- Bitcoin Price Above $9,400, Bulls Looking at $10,000
- Chainlink Price Trends Higher And Sits At A Crucial Level
- Bitcoin Price USD Analysis: Eying up $9,000
You might also like
More from Bitcoin
Bitcoin price made a fakeout above 30K. What's in store for Bitcoin? Let's delve deeper in this Bitcoin price prediction …
This guide offers a comprehensive view of cryptocurrency trading bots. It explores their role and importance in the volatile crypto …
Why is Bitcoin considered such a significant player in the crypto world? And most importantly, where will Bitcoin price reach …