The war for one-upmanship has begun in the stable coin market. CurveDAO’s CRV token has apparently emerged as the mega weapon to win the APY war. So, every protocol wants CRV tokens since CRV token holders have been promised a steady return during this bear market.
Those who are holding CRV tokens have been duly getting so much leverage and every protocol wants CRV investors to lock CRV tokens in their own ecosystem. To do that, these protocols are offering unrealistic returns. In this race, Convex Finance has been leading the way with as high as 48% APY, which is 10 times more than what other DeFi lending and borrowing protocols are offering.
If you haven’t staked enough CRV, maybe this is the time to do so because returns as high as this would be once in a blue moon event. But before we go ahead and buy CRV tokens, it is necessary to understand the project. We will help you in this regard.
What is Curve DAO or CRV Token?
CRV Token or Curve DAO Token is a governance token built on top of the Ethereum chain that powers Curve Finance, a DEX, and AMM protocol. Using the Curve DAO DEX, anyone can quickly swap between ERC-20 tokens and avoid impermanent loss. Due to its ability to outdo the impermanent loss that most liquidity providers face while depositing their tokens in specific liquidity pools, Curve DEX is one of the most popular places for swapping and locking crypto assets.
What is Impermanent Loss?
Impermanent loss is the change in the value of the asset from the time of depositing to the time of cashing out or withdrawing. To understand this, let’s take the example of Alice, she deposits 1 ETH and 100 DAI to ETH/DAI liquidity pool. As per this equation, the dollar value of Alice is 200. This means for every ETH, there has to be 200 DAI. Apart from Alice’s contribution, there are 10 ETH and 1000 DAI. The pool total liquidity is 10000.
If the price of ETH increases to 400 DAI for every ETH. Now, Alice wants to withdraw her ETH, but since she holds 10% of the pool. She can just withdraw 0.5 ETH. But that would still be profitable since that would amount to $400. However, had she stuck with the pool, she would have made $500; which is $400 for 1 ETH and the remaining 100 DAI she had. That’s how impermanent loss happens.
Where To Buy CRV Token?
There are many exchanges that offer Curve DAO tokens. However, it is very important to pick a reputable exchange that has strong security measures, good liquidity, and low fees. Here’s a list of recommended exchanges:
How To Buy CRV Token?
There are multiple exchanges where you can buy CRV, but we are showing how to buy it on the Binance exchange. Assuming you already have USDT, we will show you how to swap USDT for CRV.
After you have logged into Binance.com, go to trade.
Click on convert, once you do, a screen like the one given below will appear.
You need to switch BTC to CRV. Once you do that, it will show the amount of CRV you will receive. Click on submit to complete the transaction. In this way, you can easily buy CRV tokens from Binance.com.
You can store your CRV in a hardware wallet or the exchange wallet as per your preference.
- Shiba Inu to Reach 1$ soon? This New Upcoming Development Proves it Right
- Staking and Yield Farming – What’s the Difference?
- This Token is consolidating before BOOMING! What Is Bancor Crypto?
- Shiba Inu Price Prediction: How High can SHIB Price reach by 2030?
- The Top 5 Decentralized Exchanges (DEXs)
- What Is DeFi? – A Beginner’s Guide To 5 Core DeFi Protocols
- Is KuCoin Exchange Good? How to Buy KCS? – Full Easy Guide
- Big News: Ripple Price is about to TRIPLE? This News Confirms…
- BitTorrent Crypto BTT Stands Resilient Despite Bear Market in 2022?
- How to participate in ThorChain Liquidity Pool (Rune) To Make Money?
- Can Shiba Inu Price Reach 10 Cents?
- Bancor v3 To Introduce Highly Automated “Set And Forget” Yield Generation
- Top 5 DeFi Coins – DeFi Closes In On $4.5 Billion in TVL!
- Bancor Liquidity Increased 1000% After v2.1 Launch Amidst Incoming Polkadot And L2 Integrations
- Ripple Price Prediction – How High will XRP Reach in 2025?
- Top 5 Decentralized Exchanges (DEX) on Ethereum in 2022 – An Overview
- 2022 is for DeFi 2.0! Everything You Should Know About Convex Finance
- Forget Bitcoin, Meme coins Are Making People Rich: How $PEPE, $MONG, and $DINO are Taking Over the Crypto World!
- Bancor v2 To Offer The Lowest Slippage Rates Of All Automated Market Makers
- Curve, The Next DeFi Hype-Project!
- Kyber Protocol 3.0 To Introduce Complete Overhaul: Purpose-Driven Liquidity Protocols, Dynamic Market Making And Gas Optimizations
You might also like
More from Altcoin
Top 3 Reasons why XRP Coin is RISKY! Still want to Buy Ripple?
If Ripple wins over the SEC, there may be a possibility of price surges. Let's mention the top 3 reasons …
The 4 Best Meme Coins for June 2023 – These Tokens Could Bring Massive Profits!
Despite the risks, meme coins can be a lucrative investment opportunity. Here are the four best meme coins that could …
Top 3 Altcoins Outperforming Bitcoin during this Crypto Crash!
Some altcoins managed to gain significantly over the past week. In this article, we mention the top 3 altcoins outperforming …