Bitcoin has been rising in prices steadily ever since its lowest price of USD 4,000 earlier in March 2020. The Covid-19 events affected many markets across continents, including the cryptocurrency market. Bitcoin, in particular, managed to recover and reach higher prices, making 375% gains over a span of 9 months. Why Bitcoin has a different story today?
Bitcoin 2020 is no Bitcoin 2017
When Bitcoin started to rise back in 2017, it was mainly due to market hype, with little to no fundamental news about adoption. It was rather the crypto enthusiasts meeting in groups, discussing the potential future of the crypto market, with the mainstream media fueling its potentials via throwing hype and FOMO to the masses.
When prices started to rise faster, it was the Bitcoin whales themselves along with big traders buying massive amounts of Bitcoins, not for their use or storage for the long term, rather to benefit from short-term gains. The proof? Everyone dumped Bitcoin as soon as they made a hefty profit, and Bitcoin prices showed signs of regression.
Today in 2020, many fundamentals come at play:
- MicroStrategy Purchases Extra $50 million in Bitcoin
- Deutsche Bank announces that Bitcoin is More Popular than Gold
- This Billionaire Reveals 10% of His Liquid Assets are in Bitcoin
- PayPal Removes Waitlist for Crypto Trading
- Pro Bitcoin Congresswoman Elected to the US Senate
- Square’s Bitcoin Revenue Grows By 1100% In Q3
- PayPal to allow users to buy, sell, and use cryptocurrencies
- Stone Ridge invests $115 Million in Bitcoin
- And on and on and on
Bitcoin technicals in 2020 still show a healthy uptrend
Despite the latest rally in prices, Bitcoin entered into a consolidation year back in 2019. A lot of development in technology, awareness, and big tech adoption was happening behind the scenes, only to be followed by 2020, where the price also corrected in march 2020 with the Covid-19 markets crash.
If we compare 2017 to 2020, we can clearly see a simple price shot upward with no adjustments whatsoever.
We can also notice a clear consolidation being made currently above the USD 19,000 level. Back in 2017-2018, the price barely saw the price of USD 19,000 only to fall back well below that level.
In a previous article, we discussed why the current consolidation is a good sign, and traders should get ready and position themselves for either way.
Cryptocurrency Market Overview
In the past 24 hours, the cryptocurrency market was up for the day with the top 10 coins moves below :
1- Bitcoin (BTC) : + 1.2 %
2- Ether (ETH) : + 2.72 %
3- Ripple (XRP) : + 2.88%
4- Tether (USDT) : 0 %
5- Litecoin (LTC): + 6.28 %
6- Bitcoin Cash (BCH) : + 2.12 %
7- Chainlink (LINK) : + 4.46 %
8- Cardano (ADA) : + 4.55 %
9- Polkadot (DOT) : + 3.55 %
10- Binance Coin (BNB): + 2.25 %
Stay Ahead, Stay Updated
- Shiba Inu Price Prediction: How High can SHIB Price reach by 2030?
- Bitcoin News Ticker – CryptoTicker
- DON’T BUY BITCOIN! 3 reasons why it’s too late and waiting is a Good Idea
- PEPE Coin Price to Reach $5 in the Next Seven Days?
- Can Bitcoin Price reach USD 30,000 before 2021? Shocking truth lies ahead
- Bitcoin Price Prediction – Is BITCOIN a good investment in 2021?
- BREAKING NEWS – XRP Price reached USD 17 cents, will it become worthless?
- Three Blockchain Trends to Get Ready for in 2021
- BREAKING – Are investors selling Bitcoins in December 2020?
- Bitcoin Price enters Consolidation – Should Buyers get ready?
- Bitcoin price falls 16% in less than 24 hours – Is this the end of the Uptrend?
- This Coin made 277% in 2020 – It also had a STEADY Price-Action
- What will happen to Bitcoin after the PayPal Announcement?
- Bitcoin Price Forecast – Can you buy Bitcoins right now or is it too late?
- Bitcoin Crash! BTC Price loses 16% in the past 24 hours! What Happened?
- BREAKING NEWS – Crypto Market loses 10% in 3 hours…Time to jump in?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis – IS BITCOIN STILL WORTH IT IN 2020?
- This “Secret” Coin is going up despite the current Consolidation – Jump on board NOW?
- Bitcoin Price Prediction – Why is BTC stuck around USD 35,000?
- Bitcoin Crash reason: Ukraine War Confirmed?
- Ethereum Price Analysis – Ether prices shooting through the roof?
You might also like
More from Bitcoin
Bitcoin price crashed as prices fell below the price of $29,000. Will Bitcoin crash to $20,000? Let's analyze in this …
Bitcoin price made a fakeout above 30K. What's in store for Bitcoin? Let's delve deeper in this Bitcoin price prediction …
This guide offers a comprehensive view of cryptocurrency trading bots. It explores their role and importance in the volatile crypto …