Thousands of cryptocurrencies are now successful on the market. But not every coin made it. Numerous ideas have already failed in the crypto market. In this article, we’ll talk about failed cryptocurrencies that once had great potential or made empty promises. Crypto fail? Let’s see 😉
If you feel like you need guidance when tackling the crypto market, you need to check out our premium area. You’ll always be up-to-date with everything happening in the crypto market. Additionally, you will receive trading ideas and professional trading support. You will also receive information about the latest crypto trends at an early stage! If you want to read more about our Premium Area, click here.
#1 Crypto Fail – OneCoin (ONE)
Failed cryptocurrencies are often coins that made great promises a few years ago but ultimately turned out to be scams. The “CryptoQueen”, Ruja Ignatova, organized glittering events where she presented the new “Bitcoin killer” OneCoin. But the cryptocurrency turned out to be a scam.
Ultimately, OneCoin turned out to be a Ponzi Scheme, resulting in more than $4 million in damage. Most investors put money into the system and never got a penny back. Ignatova disappeared in 2017 while an arrest warrant was out against her.
#2 Crypto Scam – BitConnect (BCC)
Another famous cryptocurrency scam was BitConnect. In the late 2017 bull market, the coin rose to its all-time high. It was one of the best-performing cryptocurrencies on Coinmarketcap in 2017. Shortly thereafter, it was worth almost nothing.
Now is a great time to get cheap into some cryptocurrencies that haven’t failed. Buy bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies on crypto exchanges like Binance , Coinbase , Kraken and Bitfinex !
Through aggressive marketing, BitConnect promised returns of 0.5% to 1% a day. Like OneCoin and other failed cryptocurrencies, BitConnect was a pyramid scheme where only the first investors benefited massively and the others lost everything.
#3 BoringCoin (ZZZ)
Meme coins are now an integral part of the crypto scene. Cryptocurrencies like Dogecoin and Shiba Inu made massive gains and made many investors rich. However, many fun coins also become failed cryptocurrencies.
An example of this is the BoringCoin (ZZZ), which was considered an alternative to the big promises of high profits in other cryptocurrencies. But while the idea was fun, it didn’t appeal to investors. In the same year, the coin disappeared from the scene. At least the coin didn’t knowingly harm anyone.
You can purchase non-failed cryptocurrencies on crypto exchanges Binance , Coinbase , Kraken , and Bitfinex .
- Shiba Inu to Reach 1$ soon? This New Upcoming Development Proves it Right
- Top 5 Crypto Scams That made Investors Lose Big!
- Bitconnect Crumbles Under Regulatory Pressure
- SHIB’s Burn Rate Soars: Can it Ignite a Price Rally in 2023?
- 3 Types of Scammers in the Crypto World
- Asian Head of Bitconnect arrested by Indian Police
- How to Avoid Crypto Scams? Don’t be a Victim of Squid Tokens in 2022
- Shiba Inu Price Prediction: How High can SHIB Price reach by 2030?
- Top 10 Crypto-Blockchain News of the Year 2018
- Top 5 ‘Dead’ Altcoins: NEM, BCC make the list
- This Coin gained 1,000% amidst the Crypto Crash…BUT BEWARE!
- Brazilian Crypto Investment Platform Atlas Quantum Hacked, Data Of 264,000 Users Leaked
- Ripple Price Prediction – How High will XRP reach in 2050?
- Binance announces phase 3 of its Crypto Lending product: XRP, Litecoin, USDC
- The crypto winter has ended, what lies next?
- Ripple Price Prediction – How High will XRP Reach in 2025?
- What is PEPE Coin? Is this another Pump and Dump?
You might also like
More from Altcoin
3 Cryptos that Performed Terribly During the Current Crypto Crash
The cryptocurrency market has been a rollercoaster ride for investors, with dramatic price swings and unpredictable market movements. Recently, the …
Breaking News: More than 50 Crypto Tokens including ADA, LUNA, and TRX Now Considered Securities by the US SEC
US SEC has declared over 50 tokens, including ADA, LUNA, and TRX, as securities. Let's take a look at these …
BIG NEWS: Binance US Streamlines Trading Pairs and Halts OTC Operations
Binance.US, the U.S. subsidiary of Binance, the world's largest cryptocurrency exchange, has announced significant changes to its trading operations.