SINGAPORE, SINGAPORE, September 14th, 2023, Chainwire
McLaren Racing and OKX, a leading Web3 technology company and Official Primary Partner of the McLaren Formula 1 Team, today revealed a limited-edition Stealth Mode livery design to be carried on the McLaren MCL60 F1 cars at the 2023 Singapore Grand Prix (15-17 September) and the 2023 Japanese Grand Prix (22-24 September).
The Stealth Mode livery was co-designed by OKX and McLaren, and will switch McLaren’s livery colourway, augmenting black against the team’s classic papaya trim. The sleek and understated design represents the two brands’ belief in putting in hard work behind the scenes to strive for excellence, while embracing change and innovation.
The MCL60 was revealed in Stealth Mode on Wednesday 13 September at an exclusive media event in Singapore at Lantern, Fullerton Bay Hotel. The event was attended by OKX Chief Marketing Officer Haider Rafique, McLaren F1 Team drivers Lando Norris and Oscar Piastri, and McLaren Racing Executive Director, Partnerships & Accelerator, Matt Dennington.
A limited-edition t-shirt will be made available through the McLaren Store, and at a limited giveaway for attendees of Token2049, the Web3 conference taking place in Singapore prior to the race.
To bring fans closer to Stealth Mode, OKX will host a McLaren-themed fan zone, OKX Race Club, at Chijmes, Singapore. The OKX Race Club will run from Thursday 14 September to Sunday 17 September, featuring a Stealth Mode show car, racing simulators, giveaways and surprise guests over the race weekend. This will be officially opened at 14:00 SGT on Thursday 14 September, and free tickets are available here.
Zak Brown, CEO, McLaren Racing, said: “Our partnership with OKX goes from strength to strength, and it’s fantastic to celebrate it with this incredible livery. Stealth Mode flips our race car’s colours, bringing something exciting and different to these two great races in Singapore and Japan. We hope fans will love it as much as we do and get a chance to enjoy the fan zone to connect with our team. OKX are a dedicated supporter of McLaren’s journey, and in turn we’re proud to bring our partnership to life on track through the global platform of Formula 1.”
Haider Rafique, Chief Marketing Officer, OKX, said: “Success on the track, and in the Web3 world, is only possible through teamwork, creativity and innovation. Stealth Mode is inspired by these common principles. It’s also a way for us to celebrate the return of F1 to the Asia Pacific region, which is the epicentre of Web3 in many ways. As Stealth Mode hits the track this weekend we wish the best of luck to Lando and Oscar in what we hope will be a strong performing MCL60.”
For further information, please contact:
- Steve Atkins, Chief Communications Officer, McLaren Racing
[email protected] / +44 (0) 7590 771 849
- Saskia Wirth, Director, Corporate Communications, McLaren Racing
[email protected] / +44 (0) 7442 934 149
- Curtis Nice, Communications Manager, McLaren Racing
[email protected] / +44 (0) 7765 742 300
- Fran Campbell, Communications Executive, McLaren Racing
[email protected] / +44 (0) 7442 692 253
About McLaren Racing
McLaren Racing was founded by racing driver Bruce McLaren 60 years ago in 1963. The team entered its first Formula 1 race in 1966. McLaren has since won 20 Formula 1 world championships, 183 Formula 1 grands prix, the Indianapolis 500 three times, and the Le Mans 24 Hours at its first attempt.
McLaren Racing competes across five racing series. In 2023, the team will compete in the FIA Formula 1 World Championship with McLaren F1 drivers Lando Norris and Oscar Piastri, the NTT INDYCAR SERIES with Arrow McLaren drivers Pato O’Ward, Felix Rosenqvist and Alexander Rossi, the ABB FIA Formula E World Championship with NEOM McLaren Formula E Team drivers René Rast and Jake Hughes, and the Extreme E Championship with NEOM McLaren Extreme E Team drivers Emma Gilmour and Tanner Foust. The team also competes in the F1 Esports Pro Championship as McLaren Shadow, having won the 2022 Constructors’ and Drivers’ Championships.
McLaren is a champion for sustainability in the sport and a signatory to the UN Sports for Climate Action Commitment. It is committed to achieving net zero by 2040 and fostering a diverse and inclusive culture in the motorsport industry.
OKX is a leading Web3 ecosystem.
As a top partner of English Premier League champions Manchester City FC, McLaren Formula 1, Olympian Scotty James, and F1 driver Daniel Ricciardo, OKX aims to supercharge the fan experience with new engagement opportunities. OKX is also the top partner of the Tribeca Festival as part of an initiative to bring more creators into Web3.
The OKX Wallet is the platform’s latest offering for people looking to explore the world of NFTs and the metaverse while trading GameFi and DeFi tokens.
OKX is committed to transparency and security and publishes its Proof of Reserves on a monthly basis. To learn more about OKX, download our app or visit: okx.com
This announcement is provided for informational purposes only. It is not intended to provide any investment, tax, or legal advice, nor should it be considered an offer to purchase, sell, hold or offer any services relating to digital assets. Digital assets, including stablecoins, involve a high degree of risk, can fluctuate greatly, and can even become worthless. You should carefully consider whether trading or holding digital assets is suitable for you in light of your financial condition and risk tolerance. OKX does not provide investment or asset recommendations. You are solely responsible for your investment decisions, and OKX is not responsible for any potential losses. Past performance is not indicative of future results. Please consult your legal/tax/investment professional for questions about your specific circumstances.
- OKX and McLaren Racing Host Panel on Technology in Sports and Film at Tribeca Festival
- TOKEN2049 Singapore Set to Be World’s Largest Web3 Event With Over 10,000 Attendees
- TOKEN2049 Singapore Hits 300 Sponsor Milestone, Announces New Headline Speakers
- Shiba Inu Price Prediction: How High can SHIB Price reach by 2030?
- OKX Named Official Sleeve Partner Of Manchester City In Expansion Of Partnership
- OKX Middle East Receives MVP Preparatory License From VARA in Dubai
- OKX Wallet Launches Account Abstraction-Powered ‘Smart Account’ Feature, Enabling USDT and USDC Gas Fee Payments on Multiple Chains
- Shimza, Enzo Siffredi to Headline AFTER 2049, the Largest Formula One Grand Prix Pre-Weekend Party
- With Over 10,000 Attendees Confirmed, TOKEN2049 Singapore Sets Record-Breaking Attendee and Sponsor Numbers Amid All-Star Speaker Line-Up
- OKX Liquid Marketplace Outperforms in September, Hits All-Time High $1.54 Billion in Monthly Futures Spreads Volume
- OKX Partners with Komainu, Enabling 24/7 Secure Trading of Segregated Assets Under Custody for Institutions
- OKX Achieves SOC 2 Type II Certification, Demonstrating its Industry-Leading User Safety, Security and Compliance Standards
- OKX to Launch Signal Trading Platform, Empowering Traders with High-Quality Signals and Seamless Execution
- OKX Proposes Industry-First BRC-30 Token Standard to Enable Bitcoin and BRC-20 Token Staking
- OKX Releases Industry Leading 9th Consecutive Proof of Reserves in July, Showing USD$11.3 billion in Primary Assets
- OKX Liquid Marketplace Launches ‘Nitro Spreads’ Enabling One-Click Basis Trading for Institutional Clients
- Are NFTs A Good Investment? Top 5 ATH NFTs Sales Say Yes!
- The Crypto Market Is CRASHING! Earn while Playing Pegaxy Crypto Game?
- Top Crypto Games to Watch in 2024
- Level Up Your Earnings: The 10 Best Play-To-Earn Games With Crypto and NFT Rewards!
- Cosmose AI, with a Valuation of $500 Million, Introduces KAIKAINOW: Revolutionizing Smartphone Lock Screen Experiences
More from Press Release
OKX Liquid Marketplace Outperforms in September, Hits All-Time High $1.54 Billion in Monthly Futures Spreads Volume
Dubai, UAE, October 18th, 2023, ChainwireOKX, a leading crypto exchange and Web3 technology company, today announced that futures spreads trading …
Geneva, Switzerland, October 16th, 2023, ChainwireDukascopy Bank, a pioneer in financial innovation, is proud to announce the launch of its …
Cosmose AI, with a Valuation of $500 Million, Introduces KAIKAINOW: Revolutionizing Smartphone Lock Screen Experiences
Cosmose AI's KAIKAINOW offers an innovative lock screen experience, transforming everyday phone checks into engaging, educational, and rewarding interactions. Integrated …