After analyzing various aspects of cryptocurrency to gain insight on this market and its potential evolution, J.P. Morgan researchers came to the conclusion that cryptocurrencies are “unlikely to disappear” and could easily survive in various forms and shapes.
In an internal report, which is allegedly J.P. Morgan’s executive summary on cryptocurrency, the banking behemoth appears to be optimistic about the future of crypto. According to them, cryptocurrencies are the champions of innovation.
“Cryptocurrencies are the face of the innovating maelstrom around blockchain technology that is bringing both massive price volatility and a constant trial-and-error of new products try-outs and failures.”
Cryptocurrencies Are Here to Stay
In the report, the bank agrees that cryptocurrencies are here for good and it would take a lot for them to just disappear from today’s financial space.
“Cryptocurrencies are unlikely to disappear completely and could easily survive in varying forms and shapes among players who desire greater decentralization, peer-to-peer networks and anonymity, even as the latter is under threat.”
It goes without saying that the technological advancements that cryptocurrencies have brought us are immeasurable. J.P. Morgan acknowledges that, saying “the underlying technology for cryptocurrencies could have the greatest application in areas where current payment systems are slow, such as across borders, as payment, reward tokens or funding systems for other blockchain innovations and the Internet of Things.”
According to the New York-based bank, blockchain can be applied in not just the financial world, but others as well.
“There is a potential for increased usage of blockchain in…the broader world of TMT, transportation and healthcare but only where any cost efficiencies offset regulatory, technical and security hurdles.”
Contradiction with J.P. Morgan’s Public Position
4 months ago, JPMorgan Chase CEO Jamie Dimon made a bold claim about Bitcoin, calling it a fraud and condemning anyone who bought Bitcoin as “idiots”. At that time, Bitcoin was sitting at a record high of $5,800, more than six times its price tag at the beginning of 2017.
“Who cares about bitcoin? The world economy is so big,” Dimon said, noting that JPMorgan Chase moves about $6 trillion in money around the world every day. He even threatened to fire any JPMorgan traders who traded in the cryptocurrency.
Although Dimon softened the harsh comments about Bitcoin he made at the banking conference in September 2017 in an interview with Fox News last month, the bullish stance that is displayed in the bank’s recent executive report is surprising.
Last week, J.P Morgan was one of the banks to block Bitcoin purchases via credit card, along with Bank of America, Citibank, and others.
FEATURED IMAGE SOURCE: Quartz
- Shiba Inu Price Prediction: How High can SHIB Price reach by 2030?
- Bank of America, Citibank and Others to Block Bitcoin Purchases with Credit Card
- Report: JPMorgan Launches its Own Crypto Coin
- Shiba Inu to Reach 1$ soon? This New Upcoming Development Proves it Right
- Top Crypto News of the Week in 5 minutes
- Polish Bank Pays YouTube Star to Create FUD with Crypto Crash Video
- Bitcoin’s Price Surges with Peter Thiel’s Support
- US Bank Wells Fargo Bans Cryptocurrency Purchases With Its Credit Cards
- Big News: Ripple Price is about to TRIPLE? This News Confirms…
- Christopher Giancarlo: The Unlikely Hero for Cryptocurrencies
- Ripple community celebrates value surge
- JPMorgan: 60% chance for 2020 Recession
- Ripple Price Prediction – How High will XRP Reach in 2025?
- JP Morgan got EXPOSED for its Crypto plans – Will Bitcoin go up?
- Warren Buffet Deputy: Bitcoin is a “Noxious” Poison
- XRP relisted, Ripple CEO optimistic about the Lawsuit…BUY XRP in 2023?
- Cryptocurrencies are ‘Turning the corner from Wild West’
You might also like
More from Blockchain
Top 5 Altcoins to BUY in May 2023 – Best Crypto Investments!
Altcoins to Buy in May 2023: We just compiled our list of the best cryptos to buy before the end …
Litecoin Price Prediction 2023: Will Litecoin Surge 700% vs Bitcoin?
The founder of Litecoin predicts that LTC/BTC could rally up to 0.025 BTC. In this Litecoin price prediction, we explain …
Ethereum Prediction 2023: Can Ethereum reach $4,000 by Year End?
In this Ethereum prediction 2023 article, we explore trends to assess the potential trajectory of Ethereum in the coming months.