The privacy focused Ghost coin backed by famous crypto personality and security researcher John McAfee will go live on May 25. The consensus algorithm is Proof of Stake (POS) and the project supports masternodes. It will be powered by zero knowledge proofs and use escrow pool to shield/erase the history of transactions. Initially, 25% of the supply will be distributed to ESH token holders on the launch day, the rest will be generated by staking and running masternodes.
The whitepaper for GHOST is live! To claim your GHOST at launch, you must hold $ESH token on May 25th during the snap shot. Token swap instructions, roadmap, and more coming May 24th!https://t.co/cApgNt56oZ
. pic.twitter.com/B6mYqKoC6W— John McAfee (@officialmcafee) May 16, 2020
Ghost Coin Mission And Technology
The released whitepaper notes that privacy is an important right and its vital to preserve it. It defines the mission as “provide users entirely private, secure, affordable and reliable means to transact over the network”. Ghost coin is being pioneered as an amalgamation of best features of different crypto-assets. For instance, it uses the distributed ledger technology from Bitcoin, InstantSend and Masternodes from Dash, plus custom zk-SNARKs from Zcash and general staking function. It also features a dynamically calibrated coin supply, that will operate by burning transaction fees, to adjust supply elastically in response to economic pressure.
Ghost Coin Specifications
Block Size: 2 MB
Block Time: 60 seconds (re-targeting every block)
Coin Emission Rate: 6 GHOST maximum per block
Maximum Coin Supply: 13,573,415 GHOST (May 25, 2020) / 15,087,292 GHOST (June, 2020) / 30,226,069 GHOST (June, 2040)
Total Coin Supply: 55,000,000 GHOST (elastic supply, controlled by burning of transaction fees)
Minimum GHOST Required To Run Masternode: 20,000 GHOST
Accumulator Modulus: RSA-2048
- Shiba Inu Price Prediction: How High can SHIB Price reach by 2030?
- PIVX Releases Roadmap For The Future – What’s To Come?
- 50% in 14 days: Will DASH start another 1000% Bitcoin rally, as it did in 2018?
- PEPE Coin Price to Reach $5 in the Next Seven Days?
- Mastering Your Investments: The Top 10 Masternode Cryptocurrencies for 2023
- RIP – Crypto Celebrity John McAfee Found Dead In Spain
- John McAfee, the New CEO of Blockchain Project Luxcore (LUX)
- The 4 Best Meme Coins for June 2023 – These Tokens Could Bring Massive Profits!
- How does Dash Cryptocurrency work?
- John McAfee starts a movement to declare independence for virtual coins
- Is Elrond coin a good investment? All You Need to Know about Elrond coin
- Top 5 Performing Cryptocurrencies of the Week -(Week 1)
- Weekend in Review: SEC bans energy investor, China police arrest suspect of crypto theft, Contest winners to get iPhone X from Tron
- Highlights from the spectacular CoinsBank Blockchain Cruise
- Bitcoin Private (BTCP) to Replace Monero on the Deep Web, McAfee
- Top 3 Recently Added Coins To Look Out For In June 2022
- Now earn Satoshis by answering questions on Bitcoin Play
- Everything You Need To Know About Phantasma Crypto
- How to generate Passive Income with Cryptocurrencies
You might also like
More from Altcoin
Dogecoin and Shina Inu: now that the famous Shiba Inu dog died, anticipation around DOGE and SHIB roadmaps is growing. …
What's interesting is the startling similarity between the market patterns of Bitcoin (BTC) and the NASDAQ. Let's delve into this …