Facebook is embracing the Metaverse and that too by rebranding itself into Meta. The social media giant announced the rebrand on Oct 28 and introduced the concept in CEO Mark Zuckerberg narrated video, explaining the company’s transition to a more virtual / augmented reality based concept. This come at the helm of Novi Wallet launch using the stablecoin USDP, showing increased focus towards blockchain tech.
However, Facebook’s Meta rebrand is more likely the culmination of old effort that the conglomerate has been making in this area for quite a long period of time. Meta got its first metaverse significant acquisition in Mar 2014, when it acquired Oculus – the famous virtual reality headset manufacturer. In Nov 2019, Meta acquired the popular VR game developer Beat Games. Formerly, Mapillary the service for sharing crowdsourced geotagged photos was was also acquired in Jun 2020.
Meta (former Facebook) has also announced the launch of a new high end VR / AR headset called Project Cambria during its Connect Conference on Thu, offering features ahead of the Oculus Quest lineup. It would have high-resolution full-color video, new sensors to assist your virtual self to maintain eye contact, more realistic facial expressions, something to enhance the participants perception of how one’s feeling, better representation of real world objects and increased visual fidelity. It’s likely to be the cornerstone of the new Meta.
From now on, we’re going to be metaverse first. Our current is so tightly linked to one product that it can’t possibly represent everything that we’re doing today, let alone in the future. Over time, I hope that we are seen as a metaverse company and I want to anchor our work and our identity on what we’re building towards.CEO Mark Zuckerburg Introducing Meta
The demo that Facebook’s Mark Zuckerburg showcased as the introduction shows mixing realities, virtual conferences and the ability to augment the real world with the virtual one. However, the current rebrand does little to assuage fears of improper handling of user data, privacy problems, algorithmic augmentation of negative aspects, targeted advertisements and basically a closed walled garden.
- Shiba Inu to Reach 1$ soon? This New Upcoming Development Proves it Right
- Crypto Metaverse: A Complete Overview For the Future Ahead
- Three new Metaverse Trends that could Revolutionize the Web in 2023
- Shiba Inu Price Prediction: How High can SHIB Price reach by 2030?
- Top 5 Metaverse Stocks For 2023
- Breaking News: The INTERPOL entered the METAVERSE?
- Everything You Should Know About The RTFKT Project
- Ripple Price Prediction – How High will XRP reach in 2050?
- META Fail: Is Facebook Crypto Project still relevant?
- Top 3 Metaverse Tokens to Buy in April 2022!
- Big News: Ripple Price is about to TRIPLE? This News Confirms…
- What Is MetaPay Crypto? Here’s What The Project is About!
- Top 3 Metaverse Cryptos you MUST Consider Buying
- The Future of the Internet: Web3 vs. Metaverse
- The Big Ripple Price Prediction for 2023 – How high can the XRP price go in 2023?
- Facebook Launches Fintech Company to Pursue Libra Project
- Upland and FIFA Officially Launch the “FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022” Experience in The Upland Metaverse
- Can Shiba Inu Price Reach 10 Cents?
- Top 3 Metaverse Tokens on The Solana Blockchain
- THIS is How Metaverse can Revolutionize The Virtual World
- What Is Bloktopia? Make Profits In The Metaverse With BLOK!
You might also like
More from Blockchain Companies
Binance Resumes Withdrawals and Spot Trading After Glitches Causing Outage
Binance announced that it had completed maintenance and resumed deposits, withdrawals, and spot trading functionalities.
Bitcoin Price EXPLODES as US Banks risk liquidity crunch…BTC 30K?
Since a new bank bailout in the US could be imminent, crypto prices are exploding. Why is Bitcoin up? Will …