The Web3 world is a hot topic. New projects always enter this world with innovations and benefits. One such project is Otherside. This post is all about what is Otherside metaverse and its details. The Otherside Metaverse by Yuga Labs is one of the metaverse projects. Let’s take a look at it in more detail.
What is Otherside Metaverse?
Otherside is a metaverse project developed by Yuga Labs. It was Yuga Labs that developed the Bored Ape Yacht Club NFT. Otherside is a metaverse that is still in evolution. It is anticipated to be a mixture of games like World of Warcraft and other Web3 virtual worlds. The idea is that “players hold the world, the NFTs can become personalities, and numerous players can play together in real-time.”
In this world, the NFTs are active and adjust as users communicate with the objects and resources on their land. Otherside is anticipated to contain other NFT projects such as Cool Cats, CryptoPunks, Cryptoadz, and World of Women.
The Otherside is a portion of the galaxy and parts of the archipelago, with islands stretching from the Biogenic Swamp at the base and moving outwards to the Infinite Expanse. There are five deposits that lands are made upon:
- Biogenic Swamp
- Chemical Goo
- Rainbow Atmos
- Cosmic Drea
- Infinite Expanse.
Users’ Otherdeed is the key to a special combination of environment, sediment, and treasures. And on a very rare, a Koda roams. Kodas are beasts with various features, armed or unarmed, occupying 10% of plots in Otherside. These plots haphazardly accepted the bizarre Kodas upon their reveal. The actual utility of these bizarre beasts is still unfamiliar but the community is despairing to learn what Yuga Labs has in stock. Of course, there’s much endless conjecture. It might be a different PFP NFT collection, but only time will tell.
Every portion of land in the Otherside facilitates up to four replenishing aids that users will be able to gather and operate. These are:
These are the raw materials users will utilize to shape this world. The Otherside metaverse is a regular, myriad terrain. It includes 200,000 properties of “land” that are unrestricted via the purchase, or minting, of “Otherdeeds“.
What Is Otherside Metaverse and What are Otherdeeds?
Otherdeeds are NFTs that work as identification deeds for the properties of virtual land. To mint these Otherdeeds needs the purchase of ApeCoin ($APE). The APE is the native token for the whole Ape ecosystem and the lawful tender in this whole metaverse. The mint price is 305 ApeCoin per Otherdeed.
According to the website, the minting will be accomplished in waves — the price per Otherdeed will remain exact, and the per-wallet limitation will rise. At the beginning of the sale (wave 1), there will be a limitation of 2 Otherdeeds coined per wallet. As soon as gas rebounds to moderate levels and the number of wallets minting decreases, wave 2 will start, during which KYCed wallets can mint up to an extra 4 Otherdeeds. Each addition in the per-wallet limitation will be notified on the Otherside official channels: Twitter, and Discord.
There are four conditions to mint in the sale:
- ApeCoin for minting
- ETH for gas
- Prior KYC authorization via Blockpass.
A sum of 55,000 Otherdeeds is available for buy by KYCed wallets. The claim limitation is 1 Otherdeed per MAYC or BAYC NFT (must be claimed within 21 days of the sale end). The claim is free, but regular gas fees apply. Users can buy Otherdeeds on the secondary market on the official Opensea only.
Every Otherdeed is an active NFT, created as a collection of all of its features, from resources to Kodas. Rather than a fixed picture of a portion of land, the Otherdeed is created to develop along with what users prefer to do in the game.
How are Otherdeeds distributed?
- 10,000 are for BAYC share for the Biogenic Swamp at the base of the Otherside.
- 20,000 are for MAYC share for the Chemical Goo on the outskirts of the swamp.
- 55,000 are for buy with ApeCoin for the Rainbow Atmos, Cosmic Dream, and Infinite Expanse.
- 15,000 are for Yuga and other project designers for the Rainbow Atmos, Cosmic Dream, and Infinite Expanse.
Ape coin holders were given a guideline to stick to for the opening day. According to Otherside’s official Twitter page @OthersideMeta, the guidelines contained the following:
- Users must be KYCed. “Only those who are KYC-approved can mint in the auction,” as noted in the authorized Twitter thread.
- In expansion to APE, users will require some Ethereum coins (ETH) “for gas”. They will want both in the wallet they utilized for the KYC.
- BAYC and MAYC users can claim an NFT for 21 days after the sale.
- The number of ApeCoin gained from this sale will be closed up for one year. That suggests no voting with it in the ApeCoin DAO either.
How to Access Otherside Metaverse?
Users require ApeCoin to purchase The Otherside Land. The perfect place to purchase the land is OpenSea. To do this, users require a software wallet like Metamask and cryptocurrencies to fund their wallets.
- Step1: To buy Otherside land, users require ApeCoin (APE). Users can also use various crypto exchanges like Coinbase, Binance, Gemini, and Crypto.com.
- Step 2: Buy or download a wallet: In this, they must download a wallet like Metamask.Go to the MetaMask website, click on “Download,” and then select the preferred browser. Next, click install and obey the on-screen step-by-step guideline.
- Step 3: Send APE coin To Metamask: Now, it is necessary to send the APE to the MetaMask wallet. The ETH public address is required from the MetaMask wallet to finish the transfer. The address is found near the top of the MetaMask pop-up window.
- Step 4: Make your purchase.
Otherside Announcement and APE Coin Price Analysis
As mentioned earlier, the Otherdeed mint is payable in ApeCoin. This news started a new order for ApeCoin. As a result, the APE price was increased to $25 for a few days only. Yet, the price decreased after many users decided to trade after the $APE-only mint was concluded. At the time of writing this, the APE price is sitting at $4.31 and in the last seven days, the price has decreased by almost -12.7%.
You might also like
More from Altcoin
In this top 3 price predictions article for August 2022, we're going to analyze Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Ripple so you …
This post is all about Justin Sun and whether should you invest in Tron. Let's take a look at it …