An important component of the crypto-world, Coinbase is the premier fiat-on-ramp and digital currency exchange. It allows people to buy cryptocurrencies using FIAT or traditional money and also to cash crypto-assets back to it. Also, it features a secure exchange where users can trade crypto-assets. The service further features a wallet, where users can store cryptocurrencies and analyze data related to price/portfolio worth.
This article will guide you on how to create an account on Coinbase, since its one of the chief gateways, to the crypto-world.
Creating an Account
Coinbase user interface is designed for simplicity and ease of use. An account can be created in a few simple steps. Once you have gotten to the website, you need to open the sign up page. The next step would be to enter the complete name, email address and desired password. You will now receive a verification link on the entered email address, which you must click to proceed to the next level of account set up. Next, the system will ask you to input your mobile number to enable two factor authentication, this adds a robust layer of security, so even if your email address and password is compromised, the attacker can’t login to your account, unless the code sent to your mobile is entered. Your account on Coinbase has now been created.
You can further enhance security of your account and increase limits by completing identity verification using passport, driver license, national id etc. Also, Coinbase system is compatible with Google Authenticator (two factor code system) or with hardware keys, so you can use them also, to keep the security top notch on your account.
The most salient feature of your Coinbase account is that you can buy crypto assets using your debit/credit card and bank account. You can also convert your crypto-assets back to FIAT and withdraw to your bank or PayPal account. This service however isn’t currently available in all countries, you must check the Coinbase documentation to check the countries, where you can do that.
Coinbase also has a digital currency exchange where you can trade crypto-assets. The exchange interface also is user friendly and similar to other prominent exchanges.
Coinbase features an inbuilt multi coin wallet where you can store your crypto-assets securely. It can also be used even if you don’t have a consumer account on the service. It can accessed on Web or iOS/Android version clients. However, you don’t control the private keys on the wallet and hence its advisable to withdraw it to an external wallet. But Coinbase also provides vault and multi signature wallet options, both of these options are more secure than regular wallets, because they require multiple providers to authenticate transfers. The platform also launched its own debit card which allows users to use their crypto-assets easily, like traditional debit cards, but the service rollout is currently limited.
- Shiba Inu Price Prediction: How High can SHIB Price reach by 2030?
- Can Ethereum be Converted to Cash?
- Kraken Review 2022 – Is Kraken a Good Exchange?
- PEPE Coin Price to Reach $5 in the Next Seven Days?
- Coinbase Review 2023 – Is Coinbase a Good Exchange?
- Binance Review 2022 – Is Binance a Good Exchange?
- Mainstream Adoption, Coinbase Becomes Visa Principal Member
- What is Phemex Cryptocurrency Exchange and How does it work? – The Ultimate Guide
- Solana Price UP Slightly, but can Solana Continue Higher to $50?
- How to register on Bybit and deposit Bitcoin? – A step by step guide
- Top 5 Crypto-Friendly Banks for Investors and Enthusiasts
- Kriptomat: A Leading Cryptocurrency Exchange
- How to send Ethereum from Metamask?
- Looking to Buy the Dip? Here’s How To Buy XRP On Binance
- Coinbase Would Soon Integrate Ethereum Scaling Solutions
- Looking to Buy the Dip? Here’s a Quick Guide on How to Buy ETH post-Crash
- How to Buy Ethereum on KuCoin? Step by Step Guide
- How To Purchase Ethereum On Kraken
- How to Buy Ripple on Binance?
- Top 3 Methods To Withdraw Bitcoin to Bank Account
- NFTs On The Rise: Enjin Wallet Receives Another Major Update
You might also like
More from Education
PayPal, a global leader in online payments, ventures into the digital currency domain with its new stablecoin. Anchored to the …
The profitability of Bitcoin mining hinges significantly on regional electricity costs. Is it Profitable to Mine Bitcoin in Lebanon?
Binance, a leading crypto exchange, has announced the delisting of three cryptocurrencies - Serum (SRM), Sonm (SNM), and DFI.Money (YFII), …