The Chinese blockchain research institute, a division of the Center for Information and Industry Developement (CCID), publishes a ranking of what it thinks are the best blockchains at unregular intervals. The most recent one is the 19th of these publications which have been going on for over a year. The last publication happened in April 2020.
The ranking distributes points to different blockchains based on: Basic-tech, Applicability, and Creativity.
Here are their top 5:
NEO is often described as being the Chinese Ethereum. Previously known as ANT-Shares, it was founded in 2014 and re-branded as NEO in 2017. The coin created a lot of hype in 2017 and rose to the top 20 of cryptocurrencies by market cap. Last year, NEO announced the implementation of a new consensus mechanism, known as dBFT 2.0. The project supports smart contracts, like Ethereum. NEO is currently ranked on #21 on Coingecko.
- Basic-tech: 72 points
- Applicability: 27,7 points
- Creativity: 10,4 points
- Total Index: 110,1
Tron is a dPoS project. The software for the network’s node is developed for the most part in China. Justin Sun is the CEO of the Tron foundation, and mostly known in the crypto world for his excessive marketing. Tron figured on the #2 spot in the last ranking, and had to cede 2 spots to fall to #4. Tron is currently on rank #17 on Coingecko.
- Basic-tech: 87,3 points
- Applicability: 28,4 points
- Creativity: 18,7 points
- Total Index: 134,4
IOST is the biggest winner in the Top 5. The project was still on #5 in the last ranking, and was able to jump up 2 spots. IOST is a smart contract supporting platform, based on the Proof of Believability (PoB) consensus mechanism. PoB is a variation of Proof of Stake with additional criteria to determine the influence of individual nodes. IOST is currently on rank #110 on Coingecko.
- Basic-tech: 111,9 points
- Applicability: 20,3 points
- Creativity: 2,8 points
- Total Index: 135
Ethereum was also able to gain one spot on the ranking. Ethereum is the first blockchain that brought Turing complete decentralized programs (Smart Contracts) to the blockchain world. Today, the majority of DeFi-platforms are building on Ethereum. Ethereum currently has the biggest developer community in the blockchain domain, even though the project is struggling with scaling issues. These issues should soon be solved with Ethereum 2.0. Ethereum is the second largest cryptocurrency in the world after Bitcoin in terms of market capitalization.
- Basic-tech: 76,9 points
- Applicability: 29,8 points
- Creativity: 30,3 points
- Total Index: 137,1
EOS is still ranked on number 1. EOS has kept the top spot since the beginning of this ranking. EOS is a dPoS blockchain whose node software (EOSIO) is being developed by Daniel Larimer, who is also considered to be the father of Bitshares and Steem. A specialty of EOS is the high data throughput of the network and its own resources model, which relies on the possession of resources (staked EOS, CPU, Network, RAM) instead of charging fees to use the network. Probably the most important development on EOS at the moment is the social media platform Voice.
- Basic-tech: 105,4 points
- Applicability: 20,4 points
- Creativity: 22,7 points
- Total Indec: 148,4
Additional info on the ranking
Here is the ranking up until the 37th spot:
Like in the last ranking, Butcoin landed on spot #14, and IOTA on spot #37.
Trotz der einzelnen Bewertungskriterien ist das Ranking ziemlich undurchsichtig. Es ist nicht bekannt, wie genau es zu den Punktezahlen kommt. Deshalb verschafft das Ranking ein relativ subjektives Bild.
- Shiba Inu Price Prediction: How High can SHIB Price reach by 2030?
- CoinGecko Yearly Report 2019 – Important Facts and Summary
- Analyzing DappRadar’s EOS Token Tracker, $10 Billion in hidden Ethereum volume coming soon?
- PEPE Coin Price to Reach $5 in the Next Seven Days?
- Coinbase Exploring 30 New Cryptocurrencies
- Ethereum, Tron, and EOS Dapp development
- Justin Claims Tron Is 2nd Largest DApp Platform But There’s More
- Top 5 Performing Cryptocurrencies of the Week -(Week 7)
- Cryptocurrency Staking : Tezos Leads With $1.38B Locked, EOS Second
- Tether Prints 5 Billion USDT In Only 2 Weeks
- Crypto Market: Bora +262%, Avanti, Warren Buffet, $250K BTC etc.
- Fortune “40 Under 40” 2018 Features Blockchain and Cryptocurrency
- Crypto Guides: How To Access EOS
- Top 5 Performing Cryptocurrencies of the Week -(Week 24)
- Top 5 Reasons Why Chainlink Coin is a Good Buy!
- Crypto Market: Golos +371%, bZx/Chainlink Partner, On-Chain Analysis etc.
- TOP 10 Undervalued MEME Tokens after Pepe – 2023
- Decentralized Banking Marketplace – Aurora DAO
- Top 5 Cryptocurrencies Of The Week – Week 23
- US Cryptocurrency Exchanges name XRP as a security
- The 5 Most Expensive Cryptocurrencies in the Top 100
You might also like
More from Blockchain
Cardano price prediction: Sam Altman outsted from OpenAI, but speculations have risen of a potential collaboration. Can ADA reach 1$?
The digital currency WLD experienced a dramatic price drop following the unexpected dismissal of OpenAI's CEO, Sam Altman.